Who has the inside scoop

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
brownjeans
Flatulent

Re: Who has the inside scoop

Post by brownjeans » March 3rd, 2019, 1:16 am

I have a short memory so I remember the last thing I hear and forget the rest. Or just ignore everything

BeNo

Post by BeNo » March 3rd, 2019, 1:17 am

already posted
Last edited by BeNo on March 3rd, 2019, 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aggie02

Post by Aggie02 » March 3rd, 2019, 1:18 am

Winning Team wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 1:05 am
BeNo wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 12:17 am
Stucki wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 11:04 pm
I saw one report that they were upset their players were being touched on inbound plays, not the court storm.
There was some play in the second half where I think there was some kind of physical contact under the basket. I think it was C Martin. Students were complaining about some type of contact.
Yes. there was a play where Cody or Caleb martin fell right in front of us in the student section. We let Him hear it but never used racial slurs or profanity or touched him. His teammates came over to help him out and swatted all of our hands away and then proceeded to tell us all to STFU multiple times. If anyone instigated the touching and profanity it was Nevada's players.
There was another at where Caleb/Cody fell in front of me as well, on the opposite side before this incident. 3 of us leaned over and yelled, nothing profane, racist, or vulgar. We also did not reach over or touch the player. The opposing bench did not like the fact that we were telling at him, besides that, no one came over to touching a player in the student section.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Who has the inside scoop

Post by TheAKAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 1:21 am

BeNo wrote:
Tonight is his first time tweeting about reno hoops.

Oops, meant the other guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

BeNo

Post by BeNo » March 3rd, 2019, 1:26 am

TheAKAggie wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 1:21 am
BeNo wrote:
Tonight is his first time tweeting about reno hoops.

Oops, meant the other guy.

Well I botched it and someone had already posted this tweet. So I tried to remove. But after you quoted. So the space time continuum is messed up now.

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 3rd, 2019, 1:31 am

I wonder if there will be any surveillance or anything to back up or disprove claims? I’m hoping nothing happened crowd can be loud and create advantage for team but hopefully attendees or employees didn’t cross line

dogie

Post by dogie » March 3rd, 2019, 1:43 am

newtonianblue wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 11:51 pm
There were definitely words exchanged between assistants at the end of the line, looked to me like the Nevada assistant said something and our coach turned around in reaction. Then several of their assistants got between the two. But something was definitely said and it looked to me like it started from their side.
If you look closely at that replay, the Nevada assistant had not established both feet past the mid court line before he went back to mix it up. I expect the league office to a statement that any conclusion to the contrary is false and that it also probably affected the outcome of the game.
These users thanked the author dogie for the post:
freakboy

Miguk Aggie

Post by Miguk Aggie » March 3rd, 2019, 3:53 am

FWIW, after seeing several videos of the game and events afterwards, this is what I think of the whole Nevada shenanigans after the game.

IF any offensive words were exchanged between any of the coaches that is something that should be dealt with between the coaches themselves or their respective schools.

IF Caroline heard what was said by the coaches (which I seriously doubt he did) he should realize that that is between them and has NOTHING to do with him.

IF inappropriate touching was done by anyone, at any time, it should have been reported to university officials IMMEDIATELY after the event occurred. This would have allowed the event staff to address the problem right away. Complaining to the police in the tunnel as WAY too late at that point.

Regardless of what was said or done to Caroline, it gives him ZERO right to destroy/deface public property. It is a crime. He should have to answer to the law. Can we schedule his court date for March 9th? :lol:

Musselman's tirade and defence of Caroline's illegal activity should result in a fine or suspension by the league. (Won't happen. But if by some miracle it did, can we have his suspension served on March 9th?) :lol: Coaches need to be an example of good sportsmanship to their players and fans. Can anyone here excuse his behavior post game? Please don't give me this heat of the moment crap. He's an experienced coach and should know better. I hope some sort of consequence comes his way.

As an afterthought, I wonder if playing "Sweet Caroline" might have been take as a taunt by Caroline? People might think this is silly, but you never know what is going on in a kid's head, especially after an emotional game.

And another thing, punching glass anything isn't very smart. I understand he has cuts on his hand. May require stitches? Will this cause problems shooting or playing their next two games when they really need him? Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Regardless, these are my thoughts at the moment. They might change as more facts come out, as they surely will.

GO AGGIES!!!! THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORT, HUSTLE, and GOOD EXAMPLE. Young Aggies should take note.
These users thanked the author Miguk Aggie for the post:
sneed

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » March 3rd, 2019, 7:37 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 12:49 am
USU78 wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 12:28 am
I stand corrected: per Jared's vid, two girls jostled one Nevada player as he made his way off the floor.
Are you joking or did you actually see something on video?
Look at the vid earlier in this thread. A straggler got run into by a running girl after the rope went up. Then another running girl ran into the same guy.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » March 3rd, 2019, 7:50 am

USU78 wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 7:37 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
USU78 wrote:
I stand corrected: per Jared's vid, two girls jostled one Nevada player as he made his way off the floor.
Look at the vid earlier in this thread. A straggler got run into by a running girl after the rope went up. Then another running girl ran into the same guy.
The straggler was NOT Caroline.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21Aggie_in_Idaho

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 7:56 am

bluegrouse wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 7:50 am
USU78 wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
USU78 wrote:
Were those two girls not part of the rope crew anyway?

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » March 3rd, 2019, 8:25 am

I wasn’t there but based on the handshake line vid and reports of Nevada’s exit up the tunnel, I assume a USU “staff member” could be any usher or local dude within the tunnel or locker room hallway that said something that triggered Caroline to way overreact. Just speculation but hopefully the facts come out.

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 3rd, 2019, 8:29 am

If you look at the bottom area of this photo, it looks like a security guy is holding back one of the Nevada coaches? Is the guy in white on of the Utah state coaches?

Where only sage brush grows

BeNo

Post by BeNo » March 3rd, 2019, 8:33 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 7:56 am
bluegrouse wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 7:50 am
USU78 wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
USU78 wrote:
Were those two girls not part of the rope crew anyway?
I think they are. Have the khaki type pants on?

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 8:35 am

BeNo

Post by BeNo » March 3rd, 2019, 8:38 am

USU78 wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
USU78 wrote:
Where is the link to Jared’s video? Are you referring to rAggies?

utkyag
Has thanked: 0

Post by utkyag » March 3rd, 2019, 8:41 am

What I would like to know is if the camera man that was following the Nevada team off the floor last night was filming the whole time?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 8:43 am

utkyag wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 8:41 am
What I would like to know is if the camera man that was following the Nevada team off the floor last night was filming the whole time?
Most likely. Nevada had their own camera crew their last night that was basically filming the team constantly. They filmed all of the huddles, the bench, the handshakes. Apparently they are making a documentary or something. They had some guys mic'd up too.

freakboy

Post by freakboy » March 3rd, 2019, 8:45 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 8:43 am
utkyag wrote:
Most likely. Nevada had their own camera crew their last night that was basically filming the team constantly. They filmed all of the huddles, the bench, the handshakes. Apparently they are making a documentary or something. They had some guys mic'd up too.
Perhaps the whole thing was scripted to get good ratings.
These users thanked the author freakboy for the post:
donlarson8

Miguk Aggie

Post by Miguk Aggie » March 3rd, 2019, 8:52 am

In regards to Dalen Cuff rambling on about the university not having a plan about court storming, all I can say is that I'd be very surprised if the university didn't have a plan and practiced it. But sometimes even the most well thought out and practiced plans can go awry. Just ask Musselman.

BeNo

Post by BeNo » March 3rd, 2019, 9:02 am

freakboy wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 8:45 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
utkyag wrote:
You are onto something freakboy. Look at this tweet from Eric BEFORE the game:

These users thanked the author BeNo for the post (total 2):
USU78aceofspadeskb

USU78

Post by USU78 » March 3rd, 2019, 9:05 am

BeNo wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 8:38 am
USU78 wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
USU78 wrote:
Where is the link to Jared’s video? Are you referring to rAggies?
yes.

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » March 3rd, 2019, 9:05 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
utkyag wrote:
I hope they call the huddles "Pack Meetings"
These users thanked the author dirtnsnow for the post (total 2):
USU78StanfordAggie

Aggies All the Way!

USU78

Post by USU78 » March 3rd, 2019, 9:07 am

BeNo wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 9:02 am
freakboy wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 8:45 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
utkyag wrote:
You are onto something freakboy. Look at this tweet from Eric BEFORE the game:

Great find there

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » March 3rd, 2019, 9:07 am

Miguk Aggie wrote:In regards to Dalen Cuff rambling on about the university not having a plan about court storming, all I can say is that I'd be very surprised if the university didn't have a plan and practiced it. But sometimes even the most well thought out and practiced plans can go awry. Just ask Musselman.
Look at the videos. Security did their job and did it very well.

These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post:
sneed

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

BeNo

Post by BeNo » March 3rd, 2019, 9:09 am

dyedblue wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 9:07 am
Miguk Aggie wrote:In regards to Dalen Cuff rambling on about the university not having a plan about court storming, all I can say is that I'd be very surprised if the university didn't have a plan and practiced it. But sometimes even the most well thought out and practiced plans can go awry. Just ask Musselman.
Look at the videos. Security did their job and did it very well.

The khaki pant folks had the rope boundary out about as fast as one could. Only thing they could've done better would be to have the rope up before the game expired. Otherwise need to start having them do wind sprints to be able to outrun the students.

BeNo

Post by BeNo » March 3rd, 2019, 9:17 am

thetrueaggie wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 9:45 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but reports are that Nevada players were super pissed after the game and we're headed to the Aggie locker room. I guess Nevada coaches were pissed and thought that players were touched as students stormed the court. Who has the inside scoop on what happened?

So, on reviewing this clip again I hear them accusing that their players were touched, say that they've never been told f* in the line after games in the conference, and say that is your assistant coach.

Also, pretty sure their video crew guy is the one shown focusing in on the broken glass. White shirt. So they very well may have the tunnel incident all on film. Haven't looked at rAggie's video again yet to see if the same video crew guy is filming the postgame line or not.
Last edited by BeNo on March 3rd, 2019, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » March 3rd, 2019, 9:20 am

For anyone curious about the cameras, the show that Nevada is in is called Running with the Pack. It's a Stadium produced show. I was going to look into this morning but last night as I was going to bed I put it on the over the air stadium channel and boom there was Musselman and his wife partying at a casino. You can pull the episodes up on the Stadium app.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Miguk Aggie

Post by Miguk Aggie » March 3rd, 2019, 9:23 am

I looked at the videos as well and entirely agree. The dude's assertion is false and without merit. I doubt he even watched any of the videos.

BeNo

Post by BeNo » March 3rd, 2019, 9:29 am

BeNo wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 9:17 am
thetrueaggie wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 9:45 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but reports are that Nevada players were super pissed after the game and we're headed to the Aggie locker room. I guess Nevada coaches were pissed and thought that players were touched as students stormed the court. Who has the inside scoop on what happened?

So, on reviewing this clip again I hear them accusing that their players were touched, say that they've never been told f* in the line after games in the conference, and say that is your assistance coach.

Also, pretty sure their video crew guy is the one shown focusing in on the broken glass. White shirt. So they very well may have the tunnel incident all on film. Haven't looked at rAggie's video again yet to see if the same video crew guy is filming the postgame line or not.
So the same film guy with white shirt can be seen in rAggie's video. He starts out at the end/behind the line procession but you can see in the video that he starts to pass up coaches/staff and players. Hard to tell if he is filming the entire time or not.

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » March 3rd, 2019, 11:04 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 10:59 am
He said “decades”.
Decades as in two or more?!?!? :) Does 2.5 count?

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

BeNo

Post by BeNo » March 3rd, 2019, 12:55 pm

And I thought the baby daddy chant would end up being the controversial event of the night.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 1:07 pm

Basketball at this level, with these stakes, is emotional. Sometimes bad things come from the release of these emotions.

BeNo

Post by BeNo » March 3rd, 2019, 1:14 pm

First I have heard of a pop can. Anyone have any insight? Also, sweet caroline wasn’t played until well into the celebration so I don’t see how Caroline would’ve been triggered by it. Maybe he just finally flipped after letting it build all game.

BeNo

Post by BeNo » March 3rd, 2019, 1:30 pm

Winning Team wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 1:05 am
BeNo wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 12:17 am
Stucki wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 11:04 pm
I saw one report that they were upset their players were being touched on inbound plays, not the court storm.
There was some play in the second half where I think there was some kind of physical contact under the basket. I think it was C Martin. Students were complaining about some type of contact.
Yes. there was a play where Cody or Caleb martin fell right in front of us in the student section. We let Him hear it but never used racial slurs or profanity or touched him. His teammates came over to help him out and swatted all of our hands away and then proceeded to tell us all to STFU multiple times. If anyone instigated the touching and profanity it was Nevada's players.
That is what it looked like from where I was sitting. Couldn't make out anything verbal but did appear there was physical contact initiated by their players. Thanks.

Locked Previous topicNext topic