Caroline's Tantrum

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Caroline's Tantrum

Post by aggies22 » March 3rd, 2019, 10:04 am

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this and I didn't want this to get lost in the pages of arguing in the other thread. In the initial video from KUTV, Jordan Caroline is being restrained from what appears to be a Nevada staff member. Nearly ALL his teammates walk by Caroline and no one even looks twice at him. They appear to act completely disinterested in what his problem is. The only one that even took a little interest was Trey Porter. My best guess is this is not the first time Jordan Caroline has thrown a fit and none of his teammates even bothered to waste their time trying to calm him down.

In response to a tweet about someone allegedly being arrested in connection with Caroline's fit. That is NOT true. There has only been one person booked into jail between me writing this post and the end of last nights game and that individual had nothing to do with the game.
Last edited by aggies22 on March 3rd, 2019, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 8):
MrBiggleSpectrumMagicsneedMachismoCodingAggieBlueMetsJetsAggiesUSU78cdaAg

BLUERUFiO

Re: Caroline's Tantrum

Post by BLUERUFiO » March 3rd, 2019, 10:06 am

Please tell me that’s Caroline.
These users thanked the author BLUERUFiO for the post (total 2):
Usu0505dogie

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » March 3rd, 2019, 10:07 am

aggies22 wrote:I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this and I didn't want this to get lost in the pages of arguing in the other thread. In the initial video from KUTV, Jordan Caroline is being restrained from what appears to be a Nevada staff member. Nearly ALL his teammates walk by Caroline and no one even looks twice at him. They appear to act completely disinterested in what his problem is. The only one that even took a little interest was Trey Porter. My best guess is this is not the first time Jordan Caroline has thrown a fit and none of his teammates even bothered to waste their time trying to calm him down.

In response to a tweet about someone allegedly being arrested in connection with Caroline's fit. That is NOT true. There has only been one person booked into jail between me writing this post and the end of last nights game.
Good point. Martin wants nothing to do with it and is outta there. If the storming was that bad wouldn’t all of Nevada team be pissed off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 10:08 am

aggies22 wrote:
In response to a tweet about someone allegedly being arrested in connection with Caroline's fit. That is NOT true. There has only been one person booked into jail between me writing this post and the end of last nights game.
I'm surprised anyone fell for that tweet. There is no beat writer that is going to only have 25 followers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Miguk Aggie

Post by Miguk Aggie » March 3rd, 2019, 10:20 am

If you or I went into a place and busted things up, we would get a ticket and fined. Why should Caroline be any different?

Destroying or defacing public property is a crime.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » March 3rd, 2019, 10:26 am

Caroline should not be arrested. This whole thing had become a great distraction for Nevada to get over a loss.

There is nothing even remotely in appropriate that I have seen in any video other than Caroline's actions and language.

There it's one clip showing a few words between USU'S last assistant through the line and a Nevada coach or staff member. The USU coach is black so I'm doubting that had and racial content and had nothing to do with Caroline.

If something happened, then show the proof instead of speculating.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Donman

Post by Donman » March 3rd, 2019, 10:31 am

I propose we take the broken glass and make an award. It will take the spot in his trophy case for the Conference Player of the Year award Sam took from him last night.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » March 3rd, 2019, 10:32 am

Unfortunately all of the headlines I have seen point to USU as having not done their job in regards to the court storming. How easy is it to say players got touched when the whole court is full of students and yes, all media outlets jump right on board.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 3rd, 2019, 10:35 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 10:08 am
aggies22 wrote:
I'm surprised anyone fell for that tweet. There is no beat writer that is going to only have 25 followers.

I don't have many followers but I've only had Twitter for a week. BUT this dude is way off.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 10:35 am

Usu0505 wrote:Unfortunately all of the headlines I have seen point to USU as having not done their job in regards to the court storming. How easy is it to say players got touched when the whole court is full of students and yes, all media outlets jump right on board.

Most of the footage I've seen shows a clear separation between the students and players.

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 3rd, 2019, 10:35 am

All I saw was a young man, out of control, cursing, and punching things. Regardless of what triggered him, he needs to grow up and act more mature. Non of his team mates seemed worked up over the situation.

Does the ncaa ever hand out suspensions for this type of behavior?

Where only sage brush grows

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 10:37 am

Usu0505 wrote:Unfortunately all of the headlines I have seen point to USU as having not done their job in regards to the court storming. How easy is it to say players got touched when the whole court is full of students and yes, all media outlets jump right on board.

It’s obvious that Musselmann was referencing out of bounds plays, because he said “all night” but the narrative is now ran with and is easier to digest.

These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
SpectrumMagic

Hail Aggies!

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 10:37 am

aggies22 wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 10:08 am
aggies22 wrote:

I don't have many followers but I've only had Twitter for a week. BUT this dude is way off.
Even after a week you are up to like 150 and you also say who you report for. This guy is way off.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 3rd, 2019, 10:44 am

aggies22 wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 10:04 am
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this and I didn't want this to get lost in the pages of arguing in the other thread. In the initial video from KUTV, Jordan Caroline is being restrained from what appears to be a Nevada staff member. Nearly ALL his teammates walk by Caroline and no one even looks twice at him. They appear to act completely disinterested in what his problem is. The only one that even took a little interest was Trey Porter. My best guess is this is not the first time Jordan Caroline has thrown a fit and none of his teammates even bothered to waste their time trying to calm him down.

In response to a tweet about someone allegedly being arrested in connection with Caroline's fit. That is NOT true. There has only been one person booked into jail between me writing this post and the end of last nights game and that individual had nothing to do with the game.
This is an excellent observation and really makes the Nevada claims seem exaggerated.

nswaggie

Post by nswaggie » March 3rd, 2019, 10:53 am

aggies22 wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 10:04 am

I noticed the same thing, the look on his teammates faces says it all. Nothing to see here just another one of Carolin’s Tantrums. It wouldn’t surprise me if this is a common occurrence.

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 3rd, 2019, 11:01 am

It’s almost like stories go viral without having all the information and making assumptions now a days. Pretty dangerous

Miguk Aggie

Post by Miguk Aggie » March 3rd, 2019, 11:05 am

dyedblue wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 10:26 am
Caroline should not be arrested. This whole thing had become a great distraction for Nevada to get over a loss.

There is nothing even remotely in appropriate that I have seen in any video other than Caroline's actions and language.

There it's one clip showing a few words between USU'S last assistant through the line and a Nevada coach or staff member. The USU coach is black so I'm doubting that had and racial content and had nothing to do with Caroline.

If something happened, then show the proof instead of speculating.

I am not saying he should be arrested. But a misdemeanor citation for destroying or defacing public property, or perhaps disorderly conduct might be just the TICKET.

I never suggested he should be arrested. That would be over the top...

KohnDome
Has thanked: 0

Post by KohnDome » March 3rd, 2019, 11:07 am

My take on this, I was sitting 5th row next to the student section behind the hoop.. This is just an excuse for Caroline, did you see when he fouled out he was pissed, found the first seat he could find, sat down and put a towel over his head. A few coaches and teammates had to console him after this point!

The students on the corner near the Nevada bench gave the stat keeping Ga’s (I can't express myself without swearing) the entire game, at one point in time the tall shaved head kid got so upset that he stood up and started acting all tough trying to get the students to come fight him. This is when police first stepped in and diffused the situation.. a Nevada player went down under the hoop against the pad in front of the students and this same Nevada “water boy” nickname given by the students, jumps up and starts screaming at the officer to do something about the fans touching the player, maybe this is what they are referring to about the students making contact with the players?? 🤷🏼‍♂️

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 3rd, 2019, 11:08 am

Oddly silent from Nevada’s press team? Chris Murray hasn’t offered any other insight. Maybe they’ve been told not to or there is nothing to see here

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 3rd, 2019, 11:10 am

SpectrumMagic wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 11:08 am
Oddly silent from Nevada’s press team? Chris Murray hasn’t offered any other insight. Maybe they’ve been told not to or there is nothing to see here
Perhaps those that are truly close to the Nevada program just aren't shocked by yet another Caroline temper tantrum.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
SpectrumMagicsneed

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 3rd, 2019, 11:12 am

Video showed Coach Smith giving Caroline a nice talk and after the game even holding up the line

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 3rd, 2019, 11:12 am

SpectrumMagic wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 11:08 am
They gotta save it for the next compelling episode of Running to Pack Meeting or whatever their show is called.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 3rd, 2019, 11:13 am

SpectrumMagic wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 11:12 am
Video showed Coach Smith giving Caroline a nice talk and after the game even holding up the line
That was Thurmon I thought.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
TrueBlue

TrueBlue
Pick'em Champ - '13,'14,'15,'16 BB Predict The Score

Post by TrueBlue » March 3rd, 2019, 11:23 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:
I think it was

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 3rd, 2019, 11:26 am

TrueBlue wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 11:23 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:
I think it was

I can confirm it was Tre'shawn Thurman.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 3rd, 2019, 11:30 am

aggies22 wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 11:26 am
TrueBlue wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:
I think it was

Do you think Smith told him “you could’ve been on the winning side”?

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 3rd, 2019, 11:30 am

aggies22 wrote:
TrueBlue wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:
I think it was

Whoops thought it was Caroline - thanks

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 3rd, 2019, 11:32 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 11:30 am
aggies22 wrote:
TrueBlue wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:
I think it was

Do you think Smith told him “you could’ve been on the winning side”?
If he did, Thurman should have told him, "I know, I really wanted to come to USU but Stew didn't want me."

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 11:34 am

aggies22 wrote:
TrueBlue wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:
I think it was

... who would have played against Smith's South Dakota team in the Summit League before Thurman transferred from Omaha.

Nobody here knows anything.

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 3rd, 2019, 11:40 am

FromLItoLogan

Post by FromLItoLogan » March 3rd, 2019, 11:45 am

They're all claiming we were touching during in bounds plays. The people behind the basket all know that touching players is not allowed. The people up front came close but again, Nevada is just trying to find excuses

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 11:48 am

FromLItoLogan wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 11:45 am
They're all claiming we were touching during in bounds plays. The people behind the basket all know that touching players is not allowed. The people up front came close but again, Nevada is just trying to find excuses
If that was happening then why didn't the refs do anything about it? Why didn't the players complain about it during the game. When inbounding the ball you have a ref standing right next to you and not once did I see a player point out to the ref that someone was touching them.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » March 3rd, 2019, 11:48 am

It should be easy to find video to clarify if touching occurred.

These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post:
donlarson8

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » March 3rd, 2019, 11:57 am

SpectrumMagic wrote:

Now I just have sweet Caroline stuck in my head. Great song

ozzie1p

Post by ozzie1p » March 3rd, 2019, 12:02 pm

Oh my, if all of this boils down to NEIL DIAMOND!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author ozzie1p for the post:
TrueBlue

Locked Previous topicNext topic