Caroline's Tantrum

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Empire of Dirt

Re: Caroline's Tantrum

Post by Empire of Dirt » March 3rd, 2019, 12:02 pm

Don't we play Sweet Caroline routinely at sporting events.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

Miguk Aggie

Post by Miguk Aggie » March 3rd, 2019, 12:05 pm

KohnDome wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 11:07 am
My take on this, I was sitting 5th row next to the student section behind the hoop.. This is just an excuse for Caroline, did you see when he fouled out he was pissed, found the first seat he could find, sat down and put a towel over his head. A few coaches and teammates had to console him after this point!

The students on the corner near the Nevada bench gave the stat keeping Ga’s s*** the entire game, at one point in time the tall shaved head kid got so upset that he stood up and started acting all tough trying to get the students to come fight him. This is when police first stepped in and diffused the situation.. a Nevada player went down under the hoop against the pad in front of the students and this same Nevada “water boy” nickname given by the students, jumps up and starts screaming at the officer to do something about the fans touching the player, maybe this is what they are referring to about the students making contact with the players?? 🤷🏼‍♂️
I hope this account of what you saw is sent to Hartwell.

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » March 3rd, 2019, 12:07 pm

ozzie1p wrote:Oh my, if all of this boils down to NEIL DIAMOND! Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
The crux of The Apology 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » March 3rd, 2019, 12:29 pm

KohnDome wrote:My take on this, I was sitting 5th row next to the student section behind the hoop.. This is just an excuse for Caroline, did you see when he fouled out he was pissed, found the first seat he could find, sat down and put a towel over his head. A few coaches and teammates had to console him after this point!

The students on the corner near the Nevada bench gave the stat keeping Ga’s s*** the entire game, at one point in time the tall shaved head kid got so upset that he stood up and started acting all tough trying to get the students to come fight him. This is when police first stepped in and diffused the situation.. a Nevada player went down under the hoop against the pad in front of the students and this same Nevada “water boy” nickname given by the students, jumps up and starts screaming at the officer to do something about the fans touching the player, maybe this is what they are referring to about the students making contact with the players?? Image
I was sitting literally right by you. And this is exactly what happened. Spot on.

These users thanked the author BleedAggieBlue0 for the post:
donlarson8

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 3rd, 2019, 12:42 pm

Empire of Dirt wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 12:02 pm

yes, but not last night

Where only sage brush grows

BeNo

Post by BeNo » March 3rd, 2019, 12:42 pm

KohnDome wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 11:07 am
My take on this, I was sitting 5th row next to the student section behind the hoop.. This is just an excuse for Caroline, did you see when he fouled out he was pissed, found the first seat he could find, sat down and put a towel over his head. A few coaches and teammates had to console him after this point!

The students on the corner near the Nevada bench gave the stat keeping Ga’s s*** the entire game, at one point in time the tall shaved head kid got so upset that he stood up and started acting all tough trying to get the students to come fight him. This is when police first stepped in and diffused the situation.. a Nevada player went down under the hoop against the pad in front of the students and this same Nevada “water boy” nickname given by the students, jumps up and starts screaming at the officer to do something about the fans touching the player, maybe this is what they are referring to about the students making contact with the players?? 🤷🏼‍♂️
See this thread where there are two instances in second half recounted. In one, players touched students:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48873&start=70

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 12:49 pm

Reaching out...touching me...touching you!!!!!!
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 10):
CanuckAggieozzie1pZaggie07aggies22USU78treesap32donlarson8jpswensenAggieWinzsneed

CanuckAggie

Post by CanuckAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 12:52 pm

NVAggie wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 12:49 pm
Reaching out...touching me...touching you!!!!!!
What a beautiful set of coincidences :notworthy: or maybe they weren't so coincidental haha either way I don't care! That's funny.

Psych
Has thanked: 0

Post by Psych » March 3rd, 2019, 1:00 pm

I'll echo what's been said before. The fact that everything seemed fine until the tunnel video seems to be a contradiction to whatever NV is trying to say happened. Players being touched on in bound plays would have warranted a home team technical (to my understanding) and would have certainly been pointed out by the broadcasting crew (which it wasn't).

There's definitely more to the story but I'm honestly pretty annoyed by people pointing fingers at Spectrum event staff. Those people do an amazing job with the rowdy crowds they have to deal with. And by all means the Spectrum needs to stay rowdy.
These users thanked the author Psych for the post (total 3):
MrBigglesneedsam tingey

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 1:05 pm

The whole thing is weird. I chalk it up to a high emotions game that got the best of a high emotions player. He probably wouldn’t have even cared about it if they won. It just sucks that the game is marred by this incident.

Jdav

Post by Jdav » March 3rd, 2019, 1:38 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 11:48 am
FromLItoLogan wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 11:45 am
They're all claiming we were touching during in bounds plays. The people behind the basket all know that touching players is not allowed. The people up front came close but again, Nevada is just trying to find excuses
If that was happening then why didn't the refs do anything about it? Why didn't the players complain about it during the game. When inbounding the ball you have a ref standing right next to you and not once did I see a player point out to the ref that someone was touching them.
I was on the front row on section K. Funny part was there was a moment when one of their players was on the ground under the basket. Our students were pointing at him. Another Nevada player walks up and slaps the wrist of one of our students then helps his team mate up. So if they wanna talk about us touching them it went both ways. Except I never saw us touch them....
These users thanked the author Jdav for the post (total 2):
donlarson8Aggie_in_Idaho

utaggies

Post by utaggies » March 3rd, 2019, 2:14 pm

Miguk Aggie wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 11:05 am
dyedblue wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 10:26 am
Caroline should not be arrested. This whole thing had become a great distraction for Nevada to get over a loss.

There is nothing even remotely in appropriate that I have seen in any video other than Caroline's actions and language.

There it's one clip showing a few words between USU'S last assistant through the line and a Nevada coach or staff member. The USU coach is black so I'm doubting that had and racial content and had nothing to do with Caroline.

If something happened, then show the proof instead of speculating.

I am not saying he should be arrested. But a misdemeanor citation for destroying or defacing public property, or perhaps disorderly conduct might be just the TICKET.

I never suggested he should be arrested. That would be over the top...
Rather than prolong this unfortunate situation and to further pour salt into still open wounds (which may have been partially instigated by our own doing), I suggest that no tickets be issued or requests made of Nevada to replace the broken glass.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » March 3rd, 2019, 2:26 pm

From the USA Today article, quoting Nevada’s AD:

“I appreciate (Coach Musselman) maintaining a calm demeanor and helping his players and staff through a difficult situation.”

That’s the first time I’ve seen Musselman’s name and the words “calm demeanor” mentioned in the same sentence.

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 3rd, 2019, 2:45 pm

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 3:15 pm

SpectrumMagic wrote:

No way event services let someone in with a can of soda.

Hail Aggies!

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 3rd, 2019, 4:18 pm

Maybe he just hates cans?

These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 2):
freakboyNVAggie

xmoaggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by xmoaggie » March 3rd, 2019, 5:10 pm

There two kinds of people, those who like Neil Diamond and those who don't my X wife loved him.
These users thanked the author xmoaggie for the post:
jackmormon

AgzEyeViews

Post by AgzEyeViews » March 3rd, 2019, 5:57 pm

The only inappropriate touching I saw at the game was when Mussleman grabbed the refs whistle.
These users thanked the author AgzEyeViews for the post (total 2):
ProvoAggieBustaMcNutt

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » March 3rd, 2019, 6:40 pm

AgzEyeViews wrote:The only inappropriate touching I saw at the game was when Mussleman grabbed the refs whistle.
I totally missed this, when did that happen?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 6:50 pm

That sounds pretty bad. Can't touch another man's whistle without permission.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
Zaggie07

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 3rd, 2019, 6:58 pm

What exactly is Nevada alledging?

I’ve heard so many stories in this shotgun style that I’m getting to the point of being unwilling to hear an allegation.

Fans said the n-word? A coach said f u to the entire team, fans touched the players on an inbound or during the court storm. Some are reporting that a coach, not a fan dropped an n bomb. If a coach dropped the n bomb where was this? For that type of reaction- was it in the tunnel? If so why were the Nevada players that close to the our coaches when they had ample time to get into their locker room while our team and coaches were crowd surfing.

That’s what’s so unfair about the allegations playing out in media, our fan base is being attacked when no one really knows what for.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 2):
Zaggie07CodingAggieBlue

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 6:59 pm

Maybe Trump is on to something...#fakenews.

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » March 3rd, 2019, 7:01 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:What exactly is Nevada alledging?

I’ve heard so many stories in this shotgun style that I’m getting to the point of being unwilling to hear an allegation.

Fans said the n-word? A coach said f u to the entire team, fans touched the players on an inbound or during the court storm. Some are reporting that a coach, not a fan dropped an n bomb. If a coach dropped the n bomb where was this? For that type of reaction- was it in the tunnel? If so why were the Nevada players that close to the our coaches when they had ample time to get into their locker room while our team and coaches were crowd surfing.

That’s what’s so unfair about the allegations playing out in media, our fan base is being attacked when no one really knows what for.
Agreed. I’m really hoping they find that nothing much if anything happened... I won’t hold my breath from everything I have seen in videos the only thing it shows is Nevada looking like really sore losers. Nobody is mentioning that though.

tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

Post by tipitup » March 3rd, 2019, 7:02 pm

Ya know one thing that hasn’t been talked about it how our players were attacked on the floor after the game!! I hope they didn’t take offense to that!!
These users thanked the author tipitup for the post:
Blitz79

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » March 3rd, 2019, 7:15 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 6:58 pm

Its definitely unfortunate that people have jumped to conclusions, especially when it comes to racial slurs. I think most of that stems from Caroline's rant when he uses the phrase repeatedly. It's hard to hear and folks just assumed that an upset black athlete in a mostly white crowd must have been called that word. Forget about waiting to find out the true story. I will say that fans on the Nevada board jumped on this initial, but after detailed breakdown of the video are now posting what he really said, which was nothing along the lines of they called me that. Credit to them for correcting their mistake.

Go Aggies!

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 3rd, 2019, 7:17 pm

And not to put too much a fine point on it, the staff and Caroline weren’t upset about the same thing. Caroline’s argument is therefore not backed up by what the staff argued after.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 3rd, 2019, 7:44 pm

Is Caroline mad about the officer who came charging into their group pushing and shoving maybe? That seemed to be when things escalated.

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 3rd, 2019, 7:56 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 7:44 pm
Is Caroline mad about the officer who came charging into their group pushing and shoving maybe? That seemed to be when things escalated.
From the timeline of the two videos I think Caroline was pissed before that.

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » March 3rd, 2019, 7:57 pm

tipitup wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 7:02 pm
Ya know one thing that hasn’t been talked about it how our players were attacked on the floor after the game!! I hope they didn’t take offense to that!!
Agreed, I clearly saw someone rubbing Brock Miller's head. I bet he hates that.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 3rd, 2019, 8:02 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 7:44 pm
In the first video after the camera man goes towards the exstinguisger you can hear the police officer yelling at the coaches to move.

Everyone keeps saying “Caroline is such a good guy something must have happened” but by the reaction of the other players and the lack of concern of those coaches, it seems routine.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » March 3rd, 2019, 8:19 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 6:58 pm

Nevada hasn't said anything publicly. Everything is pure speculation from the tunnel video. The truth (my version of the speculation ;) ) is this:
  1. A Nevada coaches said some things about some touching in the video. This may or may not have happened during the game and was likely only mentioned because of what Westbrook said about fans touching players.
  2. In the video Nevada assistants are upset at a USU assistant. Supposedly because of an unhappy exchange with USU assistants in the handshake line and video evidence supports that there was some kind of unhappy exchange between the assistants (nothing to do with the players).
  3. Caroline is psycho for no apparent reason.
The fans who stormed the court didn't touch anyone from Nevada.
There was no racist comments made except for the racist word used by Caroline. --let's leave it at that -- The Management

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 3rd, 2019, 9:04 pm

A one game suspension for his cry baby behavior should be sufficient.

Where only sage brush grows

kofdog

Post by kofdog » March 3rd, 2019, 9:13 pm

MrBiggle wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 12:42 pm
Empire of Dirt wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 12:02 pm

yes, but not last night
Oh they played it last night already, while the fans were on the court, right before Smith spoke to the crowd.

stwinward

Post by stwinward » March 3rd, 2019, 9:41 pm

Why isn't the media or Nevada focusing on an inappropriate reaction, regardless of what may or may not have happened to instigate it? The guy was out of line.
These users thanked the author stwinward for the post:
donlarson8

SectionBAggie

Post by SectionBAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 10:14 pm

Caroline is actually lucky that he didn’t ruin his career on the broken glass as an Aggie from the past did during his own tantrum. No one is really sure how good Leo Cunningham may have become but we do know that the loss of 70% of the feeling in the wrist that went through the window did nothing for his development.

Locked Previous topicNext topic