You know what? F*** Nevada.

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ineptimusprime

You know what? F*** Nevada.

Post by ineptimusprime » March 4th, 2019, 7:09 pm

Those posts from Musses’ wife have sent me over the edge.

Nevada has managed to go from one of my favorite conference mates to least favorite in a matter of days.

I hope they get bounced in the first round of the NCAAs. I’m going to enjoy kicking the (I can't express myself without swearing) out of them twice (three times?) next year when all their 5th year seniors are gone.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 5):
AhbyeAggie_in_Idahoozzie1paggies22Machismo

BeNo

Re: You know what? F*** Nevada.

Post by BeNo » March 4th, 2019, 7:10 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 7:09 pm

Nevada has managed to go from one of my favorite conference mates to least favorite in a matter of days.

I hope they get bounced in the first round of the NCAAs. I’m going to enjoy kicking the s*** out of them twice (three times?) next year when all their 5th year seniors are gone.
Don't forget that they with fresno broke their word on the WAC alliance power move.
These users thanked the author BeNo for the post (total 4):
AhbyeAggie_in_Idaho918AGGdonlarson8

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » March 4th, 2019, 7:29 pm

BeNo wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 7:10 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:

I hope they get bounced in the first round of the NCAAs. I’m going to enjoy kicking the s*** out of them twice (three times?) next year when all their 5th year seniors are gone.
Don't forget that they with fresno broke their word on the WAC alliance power move.
:stirpot:

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » March 4th, 2019, 8:13 pm

BeNo wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:

Fair, but we would have done the same.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » March 4th, 2019, 8:19 pm

918AGG wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:13 pm
BeNo wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:

NOT FOR THE SAKE OF THIS ARGUMENT WE WOULDN'T HAVE!

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

NowhereLandAggie

Post by NowhereLandAggie » March 4th, 2019, 8:35 pm

918AGG wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:13 pm
BeNo wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:

No, we actually didn't. Not just my opinion, USU actually had the request, but honored the agreement.

I have always hated Nevada.
These users thanked the author NowhereLandAggie for the post:
donlarson8

ozzie1p

Post by ozzie1p » March 4th, 2019, 8:35 pm

I couldn't agree more with the OP! I went in with loads of respect for Nevada. Now....screw those sore loosin' drama Queens and I mean all of them, from the coach, his wife, to the water boy. Can't wait till they come back next year!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

mwburn
Has thanked: 0

Post by mwburn » March 4th, 2019, 8:53 pm

Nevada and Musselman are now huge black marks for the conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twitter: mwburn

aggmigo
Been thanked: 0

Post by aggmigo » March 4th, 2019, 9:30 pm

I rarely comment on this forum, but Danyelle Musselman's Twitter comments were incredibly inflammatory. Given the polarized political/racial situation in our country, she better have direct evidence that backs up her claims. I am glad she deleted her comments but the damage from a few unsubstantiated viral twitters could have lasting consequences. Poor form!

sockpuppet

Post by sockpuppet » March 4th, 2019, 9:47 pm

In Danyelle Musselman's defense, the "Winning team, losing team" chant can probably sound like the N word when the Spectrum has just kicked you squarely in the (I can't express myself without swearing).
These users thanked the author sockpuppet for the post (total 2):
Aggie-ManMetsJetsAggies

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » March 4th, 2019, 10:30 pm

So we’ve basically established they are all liars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 4th, 2019, 10:37 pm

All I see is her saying the player is a good guy. Then a random ax Twitter person saying something stupid next to a picture of the new Refraction.

Btw I think the diabetes zing was in poor taste.

"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 4th, 2019, 10:39 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:All I see is her saying the player is a good guy. Then a random ax Twitter person saying something stupid next to a picture of the new Refraction.

She's deleted several tweets with lies.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 4th, 2019, 10:40 pm

Was she claiming people dropped n bombs and that people were touching players? Or were there other lies?

"Gary Come Home”

SaintAggie

Post by SaintAggie » March 4th, 2019, 10:42 pm

Just makes me wonder wtf her husband told her. Or was she at the game? I wasn't there, but that's obviously rubbish.

SaintAggie

Post by SaintAggie » March 4th, 2019, 10:43 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 10:40 pm
Was she claiming people dropped n bombs and that people were touching players? Or were there other lies?
Only tweet I saw was about the evil bull sheet and the n bomb "chant" that didn't happen.

GaryTakeTheWheel

Post by GaryTakeTheWheel » March 4th, 2019, 10:49 pm

They've made Twitter great again. I've never seen USU Twitter so out in force.

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 4th, 2019, 11:05 pm

SaintAggie wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 10:43 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
Only tweet I saw was about the evil bull sheet and the n bomb "chant" that didn't happen.
Essentially saying crowd said racist things, how disgusting the bullsheet was and long posts from people saying how out of line our crowd is and how racist Utah is.

Also Seth Greenberg retweeted a bunch of her tweets along with tweet from Eric Musselman and went on rant of his own

usugoalie13

Post by usugoalie13 » March 4th, 2019, 11:22 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 10:37 pm
All I see is her saying the player is a good guy. Then a random ax Twitter person saying something stupid next to a picture of the new Refraction.

Personally as a type 1 diabetee. I don't care about what they said. I have and will always continue to make jokes about having needles and heroin.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 4th, 2019, 11:29 pm

How Jordan Caroline has been “depicted?” Are you kidding? I’ve seen nothing but Jordan Caroline is a GREAT KID from national media types. There’s been absolutely zero accountability by Jordan or the University of Nevada.

We have a grown-(I can't express myself without swearing) man go off the rails and damage property and somehow he is the “victim.” Mmmmhmmm.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
Zaggie07Machismo

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 4th, 2019, 11:30 pm

usugoalie13 wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:22 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:

Personally as a type 1 diabetee. I don't care about what they said. I have and will always continue to make jokes about having needles and heroin.
That speaks well for you. I can just see people not appreciating it, including other fans w/ type 1. But if the type 1 community makes these jokes, who am
I to say anything.

"Gary Come Home”

BeefEater

Post by BeefEater » March 4th, 2019, 11:35 pm

SpectrumMagic wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:05 pm
SaintAggie wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
Essentially saying crowd said racist things, how disgusting the bullsheet was and long posts from people saying how out of line our crowd is and how racist Utah is.

Also Seth Greenberg retweeted a bunch of her tweets along with tweet from Eric Musselman and went on rant of his own

Seth Greenberg is basically trying to slander Utah State, as if he really gives two craps about the GREAT KID.

BeefEater

Post by BeefEater » March 4th, 2019, 11:37 pm

ESPN has been in full race baiting mode for several years now. This is typical.

Blue42

Post by Blue42 » March 4th, 2019, 11:39 pm

I just can’t believe some of the replies to these tweets about how awful Utah State and it’s fans are. Do these people not watch or go to college basketball games? There are other schools that are 100 times worse! They’re acting like these are ten year olds that we're razzing instead of adults who are playing D1 college basketball. If you can’t handle people making fun of you and provoking you, don’t play a sport where people pay money to come and watch you compete! The point of a student section is to get in the opponent’s head! So many comments acting like their fans never say anything rude or offensive at all to the players on the other team, when I’ve heard way worse at other venues. If you can’t handle taunting, then college basketball is not for you. The whole idea of not feeling safe going to a Utah State game is absolutely ridiculous. It’s a competition, don’t get so offended when people actually get competitive. My goodness.
These users thanked the author Blue42 for the post:
SpectrumMagic

“Winning takes care of everything.”
- (pre-divorce) Tiger Woods

usugoalie13

Post by usugoalie13 » March 4th, 2019, 11:39 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:30 pm
usugoalie13 wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:22 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:

That speaks well for you. I can just see people not appreciating it, including other fans w/ type 1. But if the type 1 community makes these jokes, who am
I to say anything.
I probably am in the minority. But I don't get butt hurt over the simplest thing either. I hate the way society has gone, and actually find it embarrassing. So as a diabetic, I probably should be offended. I guess I'm just not right.

tootypoopoo

Post by tootypoopoo » March 4th, 2019, 11:44 pm

This is the (now deleted) tweet that really pissed off a lot of us:

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 4th, 2019, 11:44 pm

And to be 100% clear, I am much more angry with Muss, his wife, and the University of Nevada than I am with Caroline.

Nevada needed to step up and put the kabosh on these totally false rumors of racism floating around Twitter. Instead, we get tweets from the Coach’s wife making even more unsubstantiated allegations.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 7):
Zaggie07SpectrumMagicaggies22Aggie_in_IdahonewtonianblueMachismoakaggie

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 4th, 2019, 11:46 pm

Blue42 wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:39 pm
I just can’t believe some of the replies to these tweets about how awful Utah State and it’s fans are. Do these people not watch or go to college basketball games? There are other schools that are 100 times worse! They’re acting like these are ten year olds that we're razzing instead of adults who are playing D1 college basketball. If you can’t handle people making fun of you and provoking you, don’t play a sport where people pay money to come and watch you compete! The point of a student section is to get in the opponent’s head! So many comments acting like their fans never say anything rude or offensive at all to the players on the other team, when I’ve heard way worse at other venues. If you can’t handle taunting, then college basketball is not for you. The whole idea of not feeling safe going to a Utah State game is absolutely ridiculous. It’s a competition, don’t get so offended when people actually get competitive. My goodness.
No the high moral compass of society known as Nevada shall be the new regulators of class

It sounds like everyone is well behaved at Lawlor arena and offers words of encouragement to opponents and that’s how things are done throughout the arenas in MW and throughout the country except for USU which is racist and unsafe
These users thanked the author SpectrumMagic for the post:
BeefEater

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 4th, 2019, 11:49 pm

BeefEater wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:35 pm
SpectrumMagic wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:05 pm
SaintAggie wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

Seth Greenberg is basically trying to slander Utah State, as if he really gives two craps about the GREAT KID.
It seems from those tweets that Seth is drawing on his own experience in the Spectrum from years ago and not any actual knowledge of anything that was said to Caroline on Saturday. He is a terrible writer though, so I could be off. If that’s the case, and even giving him the benefit of the doubt, stuff he experienced in the early 90s coaching at LBSU is not at all relevant to what happened on Saturday. Total hit job by Greenberg.
Last edited by ineptimusprime on March 4th, 2019, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » March 4th, 2019, 11:49 pm

aggmigo wrote:I rarely comment on this forum, but Danyelle Musselman's Twitter comments were incredibly inflammatory. Given the polarized political/racial situation in our country, she better have direct evidence that backs up her claims. I am glad she deleted her comments but the damage from a few unsubstantiated viral twitters could have lasting consequences. Poor form!
Her first couple tweets were ok and all but I guess they didn't land because she went right to making up the worst things she could. Deleting them only validated the lie. Such a weird thing to do.

Twitter: UtahStizzle

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 4th, 2019, 11:51 pm

I was wondering how an ESPN reporter is at a CBS Spirts broadcast. That seems like an expensive ESPN expenditure if they don’t have rights to the game.

"Gary Come Home”

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 4th, 2019, 11:51 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:44 pm
And to be 100% clear, I am much more angry with Muss, his wife, and the University of Nevada than I am with Caroline.

Nevada needed to step up and put the kabosh on these totally false rumors of racism floating around Twitter. Instead, we get tweets from the Coach’s wife making even more unsubstantiated allegations.
Funny all this activity occurred after the press releases. You’d think the MW would have given strict instructions to each side that everything as investigated and to move on but clearly one side kept stoking the fire.

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » March 5th, 2019, 12:12 am

I’d like to applaud Caroline and the Nevada coaching staff for keeping their composure throughout the entire game while these alleged chants were occurring, players getting touched, and USU students just being big meanies in general. Amazing that they could endure such hatred and racism for the entire game and still focus on the game. Even after the game they made it to the visitors locker room and then after a few minutes poor Caroline could take no more harassment and inappropriate remarks so he hits an innocent piece of glass and starts a psychotic tirade. Clearly he’s the victim here.
These users thanked the author Pacobag for the post (total 2):
Zaggie07BustaMcNutt

Cuchelain
Has thanked: 0

Post by Cuchelain » March 5th, 2019, 1:09 am

The absolute best way to get in the heads of everyone associated with Nevada is to make as many Aggie mountain west championship t shirts as possible and have as many aggies as possible wearing them at the tourney.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 5th, 2019, 8:30 am

Again, the Spectrum brings opponents to their knees. What a way to end the home season slate. Funny that what was applauded years ago is now completely out of line. Maybe it’s just a cover job for a great kid who let the Spextrum get the best of him. I applaud our fans for the mental distraction they provided on saturday.

Locked Previous topicNext topic