Go Aztecs

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 638
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Go Aztecs

Post by Sl7vk » March 5th, 2019, 10:32 pm

Nuff said.



NVAggie
Posts: 16197
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 701 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Go Aztecs

Post by NVAggie » March 5th, 2019, 10:56 pm

I’m with you on this. Being the two seed would help me make the first tourney game though.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2650
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 478 times

Re: Go Aztecs

Post by ineptimusprime » March 5th, 2019, 11:04 pm

Can someone much smarter than me summarize our most likely potential first round tourney matchups?



Aggiesbleedblue
Posts: 202
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 10:32 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Go Aztecs

Post by Aggiesbleedblue » March 5th, 2019, 11:08 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 11:04 pm
Can someone much smarter than me summarize our most likely potential first round tourney matchups?
There is a real possibility of CSU, Air Force and then either New Mexico or Boise (whoever wins tomorrow night) all finishing at 8-10. I'm not sure what the tiebreakers are there. My question is who do we want to play?



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12518
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 501 times
Been thanked: 556 times
Contact:

Re: Go Aztecs

Post by ProvoAggie » March 5th, 2019, 11:13 pm

As a 2 seed we would get the winner of the 7-10 game. Right now that would be CSU and Wyoming. I think that there is a good chance that the winner of tomorrow's Boise @ UNM game overtakes CSU for the 7 and there is a good chance that San Jose moves up to the 10.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 2104
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: Go Aztecs

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 5th, 2019, 11:15 pm

Out of all are possible first round opponents CSU is who I would want to see the least. Maybe that is recency bias.



Cuchelain
Posts: 260
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 8:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Go Aztecs

Post by Cuchelain » March 5th, 2019, 11:16 pm

The weird thing is that we should have lost to New Mexico, Boise and CSU. But Sam.
These users thanked the author Cuchelain for the post:
talby12



Aggiesbleedblue
Posts: 202
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 10:32 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Go Aztecs

Post by Aggiesbleedblue » March 5th, 2019, 11:18 pm

New Mexico, Boise and CSU are all very talented offensively. I think Air Force is the best possible matchup for us but I don't see how they end up in 7th. Feels like the winner of UNM and Boise tomorrow will be our opponent.



MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 6131
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 107 times

Re: Go Aztecs

Post by MetsJetsAggies » March 5th, 2019, 11:50 pm

Thank God we won tonight, at least we can afford to lose in the tournament now. It won't be a good look and will knock us back to an 11 or 12 seed, but our resume speaks for itself and we should be in no matter what now. Takes the pressure off a bit, considering all 3 of UNM, Boise and CSU are capable giving us a scare/winning if they have a great night or Sam has a bad night



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15409
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 245 times
Been thanked: 674 times

Re: Go Aztecs

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 5th, 2019, 11:55 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 11:50 pm
Thank God we won tonight, at least we can afford to lose in the tournament now. It won't be a good look and will knock us back to an 11 or 12 seed, but our resume speaks for itself and we should be in no matter what now. Takes the pressure off a bit, considering all 3 of UNM, Boise and CSU are capable giving us a scare/winning if they have a great night or Sam has a bad night
I think you're right as long as Nevada were to still win the tourney.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2650
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 478 times

Re: Go Aztecs

Post by ineptimusprime » March 6th, 2019, 12:01 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 11:55 pm
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 11:50 pm
Thank God we won tonight, at least we can afford to lose in the tournament now. It won't be a good look and will knock us back to an 11 or 12 seed, but our resume speaks for itself and we should be in no matter what now. Takes the pressure off a bit, considering all 3 of UNM, Boise and CSU are capable giving us a scare/winning if they have a great night or Sam has a bad night
I think you're right as long as Nevada were to still win the tourney.
25-6 looks a lot better than 24-7, and now we have a regular season conference title as a feather in our tourney resume cap.

I think we are a lock unless someone other than us or Nevada wins in Vegas. We’d be sweating on selection sunday were that to occur.



MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 6131
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 107 times

Re: Go Aztecs

Post by MetsJetsAggies » March 6th, 2019, 12:55 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 12:01 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 11:55 pm
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 11:50 pm
Thank God we won tonight, at least we can afford to lose in the tournament now. It won't be a good look and will knock us back to an 11 or 12 seed, but our resume speaks for itself and we should be in no matter what now. Takes the pressure off a bit, considering all 3 of UNM, Boise and CSU are capable giving us a scare/winning if they have a great night or Sam has a bad night
I think you're right as long as Nevada were to still win the tourney.
25-6 looks a lot better than 24-7, and now we have a regular season conference title as a feather in our tourney resume cap.

I think we are a lock unless someone other than us or Nevada wins in Vegas. We’d be sweating on selection sunday were that to occur.
As dumb as it is that this would keep us out...I could see it happening. It 100% shouldn't happen, but the committee might try their best to not let a weaker MW get 3 teams in

If we win at least 1 game, we should be a lock. If we win 2, it doesn't matter if we lose to Fresno or SDSU or whoever in the finals, we're in and the MW would be a 3 bid league.



User avatar
MrBiggle
Posts: 1230
Joined: October 10th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Go Aztecs

Post by MrBiggle » March 6th, 2019, 6:47 am

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 12:55 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 12:01 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 11:55 pm
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 11:50 pm
Thank God we won tonight, at least we can afford to lose in the tournament now. It won't be a good look and will knock us back to an 11 or 12 seed, but our resume speaks for itself and we should be in no matter what now. Takes the pressure off a bit, considering all 3 of UNM, Boise and CSU are capable giving us a scare/winning if they have a great night or Sam has a bad night
I think you're right as long as Nevada were to still win the tourney.
25-6 looks a lot better than 24-7, and now we have a regular season conference title as a feather in our tourney resume cap.

I think we are a lock unless someone other than us or Nevada wins in Vegas. We’d be sweating on selection sunday were that to occur.
As dumb as it is that this would keep us out...I could see it happening. It 100% shouldn't happen, but the committee might try their best to not let a weaker MW get 3 teams in

If we win at least 1 game, we should be a lock. If we win 2, it doesn't matter if we lose to Fresno or SDSU or whoever in the finals, we're in and the MW would be a 3 bid league.
Didn’t this exact scenario happen a few years ago when Wyoming won the MWC tourney?


Where only sage brush grows

Locked Previous topicNext topic