Bracketology

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2046
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by ineptimusprime » March 10th, 2019, 9:55 am

Yep. Not a great time for such a long break.



User avatar
Blue42
Posts: 140
Joined: November 5th, 2018, 5:00 pm
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by Blue42 » March 10th, 2019, 10:11 am

scotlandog wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 9:52 am
Jjoey53 wrote:Just wanted to thank BYU for letting me go to bed at halftime last night. I did not have to stay up to make sure they lost.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I hope we don’t come out cold like BYU did after our long rest. I hope coach has them ready this week. Losing to NM or Wyo would be very bad.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m less worried about this happening with Smith at the helm. He’ll have them fired up and ready to go on Thursday!
These users liked this post from Blue42:
sneed


“Winning takes care of everything.”
- (pre-divorce) Tiger Woods

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6142
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 553 times
Been liked: 307 times
Contact:

Re: Bracketology

Post by aggies22 » March 10th, 2019, 10:13 am

scotlandog wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 9:52 am
Jjoey53 wrote:Just wanted to thank BYU for letting me go to bed at halftime last night. I did not have to stay up to make sure they lost.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I hope we don’t come out cold like BYU did after our long rest. I hope coach has them ready this week. Losing to NM or Wyo would be very bad.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trust me Coach Smith and his very capable assistants will have our boys ready to go.



Usu0505
Posts: 327
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 18 times

Bracketology

Post by Usu0505 » March 10th, 2019, 10:19 am

Normally I’d agree but I really think the team needs it after how the season ended. 9 days may be a tad long but so far I have been more than impressed with how our team has seemed ready for basically every single game this year. I think we will be ok.

I’d actually venture to say this ability to be ready for every game has been the most impressive change from last year. The last few years we would inexplicably not even make it off the bus for games that were either really important or games that should easily have been handled.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



SpectrumMagic
Posts: 451
Joined: November 8th, 2010, 7:57 pm
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 10th, 2019, 11:42 am

Aggies stay 30 in Net ratings

UC Irvine holds on at 75

Fresno jumps from 86 to 79

Will be interesting to see how committee uses NET ratings as many power 5 conferences are projected in over teams like St Mary’s and Belmont which have higher NET ratings.

Would be nice to have multiple home game opportunities against quad 1 teams and play your only true road games in conference and be able to be under .500 in conference plus have a .500 record overall and get in

Washington being a lock is laughable. We have a better resume then they do

Games 3/10 Want to win
Lipscomb
Wofford
Northern Iowa
Houston
Furman (Knock out UNC Greensboro)
Wisconsin

Take care of business next week!



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 862
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by scotlandog » March 10th, 2019, 1:19 pm

Northern Iowa up big at halftime in the MVC championship.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Jjoey53
Posts: 1183
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 36 times

Bracketology

Post by Jjoey53 » March 10th, 2019, 2:18 pm

scotlandog wrote:Northern Iowa up big at halftime in the MVC championship.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They gagged and lost. They are establishing a tradition of blowing games,


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2046
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by ineptimusprime » March 10th, 2019, 2:20 pm

scotlandog wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 1:19 pm
Northern Iowa up big at halftime in the MVC championship.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Northern Iowa fell apart in the second half. Lipscomb on the ropes vs. Liberty. Liberty winning would be bad for us, as Lipscomb could get an at-large over us.



User avatar
MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 5925
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by MetsJetsAggies » March 10th, 2019, 2:59 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 2:20 pm
scotlandog wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 1:19 pm
Northern Iowa up big at halftime in the MVC championship.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Northern Iowa fell apart in the second half. Lipscomb on the ropes vs. Liberty. Liberty winning would be bad for us, as Lipscomb could get an at-large over us.
Highly doubtful.

Lipscomb wouldn't get in over Belmont, who bear them twice. Hard to see Belmont and Lipscomb getting in over us, or either one of them tbh



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2046
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by ineptimusprime » March 10th, 2019, 3:04 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 2:59 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 2:20 pm
scotlandog wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 1:19 pm
Northern Iowa up big at halftime in the MVC championship.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Northern Iowa fell apart in the second half. Lipscomb on the ropes vs. Liberty. Liberty winning would be bad for us, as Lipscomb could get an at-large over us.
Highly doubtful.

Lipscomb wouldn't get in over Belmont, who bear them twice. Hard to see Belmont and Lipscomb getting in over us, or either one of them tbh
Even if we lose to New Mexico on Thursday? I’m not as confident as you are if that is the scenario.



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 862
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by scotlandog » March 10th, 2019, 3:30 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 2:20 pm
scotlandog wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 1:19 pm
Northern Iowa up big at halftime in the MVC championship.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Northern Iowa fell apart in the second half. Lipscomb on the ropes vs. Liberty. Liberty winning would be bad for us, as Lipscomb could get an at-large over us.
Highly doubtful.

Lipscomb wouldn't get in over Belmont, who bear them twice. Hard to see Belmont and Lipscomb getting in over us, or either one of them tbh
Agree. Belmont and Lipscomb don’t have as good a resume as we have. We have better SOS, better wins, better losses. I would rather see both in the tournament compared to these sub-500 power 6 schools.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 4438
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by GameFAQSAggie » March 10th, 2019, 3:42 pm

Lipscomb does have a win over a Big 12 team TCU, and Belmont has a win over a PAC 12 team UCLA. Then again, the good news is that the chair of the committee is the AD from Stanford, who maybe is as adamant as StanfordAggie was that they don't care what conference the teams you beat are from!

On a serious note, there are scary parallels between them and 2004 Richmond.



User avatar
MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 5925
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by MetsJetsAggies » March 10th, 2019, 3:56 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 3:04 pm
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 2:59 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 2:20 pm
scotlandog wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 1:19 pm
Northern Iowa up big at halftime in the MVC championship.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Northern Iowa fell apart in the second half. Lipscomb on the ropes vs. Liberty. Liberty winning would be bad for us, as Lipscomb could get an at-large over us.
Highly doubtful.

Lipscomb wouldn't get in over Belmont, who bear them twice. Hard to see Belmont and Lipscomb getting in over us, or either one of them tbh
Even if we lose to New Mexico on Thursday? I’m not as confident as you are if that is the scenario.
Yep. In no scenario should either of those teams get in over us



Intermeddler
Posts: 1579
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by Intermeddler » March 10th, 2019, 4:12 pm

SpectrumMagic wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 11:42 am
Aggies stay 30 in Net ratings

UC Irvine holds on at 75

Fresno jumps from 86 to 79

Will be interesting to see how committee uses NET ratings as many power 5 conferences are projected in over teams like St Mary’s and Belmont which have higher NET ratings.

Would be nice to have multiple home game opportunities against quad 1 teams and play your only true road games in conference and be able to be under .500 in conference plus have a .500 record overall and get in

Washington being a lock is laughable. We have a better resume then they do

Games 3/10 Want to win
Lipscomb
Wofford
Northern Iowa
Houston
Furman (Knock out UNC Greensboro)
Wisconsin

Take care of business next week!
Lunardi currently has us playing Washington in the 8/9 game in SLC (we are the 9) with Gonzaga the 1 seed.

I would like our chances against UW.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 4508
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 68 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 4:12 pm
SpectrumMagic wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 11:42 am
Aggies stay 30 in Net ratings

UC Irvine holds on at 75

Fresno jumps from 86 to 79

Will be interesting to see how committee uses NET ratings as many power 5 conferences are projected in over teams like St Mary’s and Belmont which have higher NET ratings.

Would be nice to have multiple home game opportunities against quad 1 teams and play your only true road games in conference and be able to be under .500 in conference plus have a .500 record overall and get in

Washington being a lock is laughable. We have a better resume then they do

Games 3/10 Want to win
Lipscomb
Wofford
Northern Iowa
Houston
Furman (Knock out UNC Greensboro)
Wisconsin

Take care of business next week!
Lunardi currently has us playing Washington in the 8/9 game in SLC (we are the 9) with Gonzaga the 1 seed.

I would like our chances against UW.
The one thing you can count on about Lunardi’s
Matchup predictions is that they’ll be wrong.

He will get most of the field right but seeding and actual matchups will be much different.
These users liked this post from Roy McAvoy:
BigRedAggie



SpectrumMagic
Posts: 451
Joined: November 8th, 2010, 7:57 pm
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 10th, 2019, 4:34 pm

Ohio State outscores Wisconsin 27-5 in last 7:30 to take game into overtime

Can Ohio State capitilize On their 15th shot at a quality win and make it into the tournament with their sub .500 conference record
These users liked this post from SpectrumMagic:
elcheque2



User avatar
usu99
Posts: 573
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:40 am
Location: Davis County
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by usu99 » March 10th, 2019, 5:08 pm

Wisconsin wins!


For all of your IT needs visit http://www.sidelogic.com

User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4045
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by aceofspadeskb » March 11th, 2019, 7:02 pm

Wofford wins the southern conference championship. No bubble burst there.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk




User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4045
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by aceofspadeskb » March 14th, 2019, 1:02 pm

Indiana losing to Ohio State should knock them off the bubble if they really were on it in the first place. I still don't understand why, but most prognosticators had them on the bubble.



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4045
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by aceofspadeskb » March 14th, 2019, 1:11 pm

Other bubble watch games today:
Florida(a first four out type team) won today.
Creighton(another first four out) leads Xavier 22-18.
Alabama(a next four out) plays Ole Miss at 5:00.
Arizona State(In the field for now, and an opponent of ours) plays UCLA at 7:00
Georgetown(next four out) plays Seton Hall(in the field) at 7:30PM



918AGG
Posts: 467
Joined: December 20th, 2012, 6:49 pm
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by 918AGG » March 14th, 2019, 1:24 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 1:02 pm
Indiana losing to Ohio State should knock them off the bubble if they really were on it in the first place. I still don't understand why, but most prognosticators had them on the bubble.
Indiana has one of the most fascinating resumes that I can remember.

They've beaten 6th ranked Michigan State TWICE, Marquette, and 19th ranked Wisconsin once. They played 15th ranked Purdue very closely (but lost).

Their good wins are REALLY impressive... buuuut they've also lost 15 games (8 by less than 10 points), including getting throttled by Minnesota - and losing to Rutgers (?) and Nebraska (?). They have a serious Jeckyll and Hyde resume... so they should be out IMO.

It'd be interesting to see how USU would have fared with that schedule. :utah: :state:


"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4045
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by aceofspadeskb » March 14th, 2019, 2:38 pm

Creighton loses to Xavier. That should pull them out of contention.



User avatar
Blue42
Posts: 140
Joined: November 5th, 2018, 5:00 pm
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by Blue42 » March 14th, 2019, 3:56 pm

Nebraska beat Maryland.


“Winning takes care of everything.”
- (pre-divorce) Tiger Woods

User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 4508
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 68 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 14th, 2019, 4:07 pm

Blue42 wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 3:56 pm
Nebraska beat Maryland.
Potentially GREAT news for us.



BigRedAggie
Posts: 28
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:31 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by BigRedAggie » March 14th, 2019, 4:08 pm

Blue42 wrote:Nebraska beat Maryland.
Nebraska would have to win 2 more most likely to get a bid.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4045
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by aceofspadeskb » March 14th, 2019, 4:22 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 4:07 pm
Blue42 wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 3:56 pm
Nebraska beat Maryland.
Potentially GREAT news for us.
Everywhere I'm looking shows Maryland as a lock. :noidea:



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4045
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by aceofspadeskb » March 14th, 2019, 7:10 pm

Alabama beats Ole Miss. They might have worked their way up to the bubble.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk




User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2046
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by ineptimusprime » March 14th, 2019, 9:47 pm

Kansas beats Texas (thank you, Jeezus) and eliminates Texas from at-large contention.



slcagg
Posts: 2813
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by slcagg » March 14th, 2019, 9:48 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 4:22 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 4:07 pm
Blue42 wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 3:56 pm
Nebraska beat Maryland.
Potentially GREAT news for us.
Everywhere I'm looking shows Maryland as a lock. :noidea:
I think he is referencing that maybe Nebraska won’t fire their coach now.



slcagg
Posts: 2813
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by slcagg » March 14th, 2019, 9:49 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 9:47 pm
Kansas beats Texas (thank you, Jeezus) and eliminates Texas from at-large contention.
Go Jayhawks. Should gone down to the sprint center. Maybe I will for them and wvu.



stwinward
Posts: 324
Joined: August 31st, 2013, 9:35 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by stwinward » March 14th, 2019, 9:49 pm

slcagg wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 9:48 pm
aceofspadeskb wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 4:22 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 4:07 pm
Blue42 wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 3:56 pm
Nebraska beat Maryland.
Potentially GREAT news for us.
Everywhere I'm looking shows Maryland as a lock. :noidea:
I think he is referencing that maybe Nebraska won’t fire their coach now.
I think better that they fire him this year than next. I don't think Smith leaves Logan after 1 year, but after 2...I just hope we can sell him on what a great place it is to retire.



User avatar
bigblue
2012 Gridiron KickOff Pick'em Champion & 2016 Bowl Pick'em Champion
Posts: 1953
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by bigblue » March 14th, 2019, 9:52 pm

stwinward wrote:
slcagg wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 9:48 pm
aceofspadeskb wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 4:22 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 4:07 pm
Blue42 wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 3:56 pm
Nebraska beat Maryland.
Potentially GREAT news for us.
Everywhere I'm looking shows Maryland as a lock. :noidea:
I think he is referencing that maybe Nebraska won’t fire their coach now.
I think better that they fire him this year than next. I don't think Smith leaves Logan after 1 year, but after 2...I just hope we can sell him on what a great place it is to retire.
Get Gary on him!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 713
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 14th, 2019, 10:27 pm

bigblue wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 9:52 pm
stwinward wrote:
slcagg wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 9:48 pm
aceofspadeskb wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 4:22 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 4:07 pm
Blue42 wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 3:56 pm
Nebraska beat Maryland.
Potentially GREAT news for us.
Everywhere I'm looking shows Maryland as a lock. :noidea:
I think he is referencing that maybe Nebraska won’t fire their coach now.
I think better that they fire him this year than next. I don't think Smith leaves Logan after 1 year, but after 2...I just hope we can sell him on what a great place it is to retire.
Get Gary on him!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Gary, Stew, watching MW dive-bomb for two years... All good things. Let's give the old boy a raise too.



NVAggie
Posts: 14954
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 171 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by NVAggie » March 14th, 2019, 10:30 pm

Smith his a good coach and will have an offer he can’t refuse in the future. That is okay



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4045
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by aceofspadeskb » March 15th, 2019, 8:05 am

We're now listed pretty consistently as a 9 seed in the Bracketologists I follow. I know some on the board are still skeptical that we're in the field so I'll continue to watch the bubble.

Games of interest today(using Joe Lenardi's Bracketology):
Seed watch
VCU(8-seed) plays Rhode Island today at 10:00AM
UCF(9-seed) plays Memphis today at 12:00
Minnesota(10-seed) plays Purdue at 5:00
Washington(8-seed) plays Colorado at 7:00
Seton Hall(10-seed) plays Marquette at 7:00
Iowa(8-seed) plays Michigan at 7:25PM
Arizona State(10-seed) plays Oregon at 9:30PM

Bubble Watch
Ohio State(last 4 byes) plays Michigan State at 10:30
Florida(last 4 in) plays LSU at 11:00
Xavier(Next 4 out) plays Villanova at 4:30
Alabama(First 4 out) plays Kentucky at 5:00
Temple(last 4 byes) plays Wichita State at 7:00



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic