The Good News

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 30 times

The Good News

Post by GameFAQSAggie » March 14th, 2019, 9:31 pm

The last time we were in a conference tournament and won a close one being favored against a team from New Mexico, we went on to beat Nevada and get an 11 seed.

And this isn't quite a comparison as this was the quarterfinals while that was the semi-finals, but even looking to Fresno, the other good news is that if Fresno blows out Air Force, we'll be more mentally prepared for the game after having the pressure of the whole game and not being able to relax at the end.

Some people say that it's good to have an easy game and be able to relax at the end while playing someone who is tired from having a close game the night before, but I would argue having to play the whole game prepares you mentally more than relaxing with a 20 point lead the whole second half. It's like the year we lost in Reno to New Mexico State in the championship, everyone was saying they liked the idea of New Mexico State being tired from a close game while we got to rest blowing out LA Tech in the semi-finals, but I would have said the opposite that New Mexico State had the advantage being more mentally prepared.

TheSauerkrautKid
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Re: The Good News

Post by TheSauerkrautKid » March 14th, 2019, 9:35 pm

Agreed. We needed a wake up call to get fully locked in.
These users liked this post from TheSauerkrautKid. Total Likes: 3
aggies22sneedusufan1

usufan1
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by usufan1 » March 14th, 2019, 9:52 pm

TheSauerkrautKid wrote:Agreed. We needed a wake up call to get fully locked in.
I agree, earlier today I was thinking how incredible it was to finish the regular season the way we did.

Then it felt like one of those moments that you fear the team could be overconfident.

We escaped with a win that could have easily been a loss. Hopefully the fear of losing is in the team and they realize they aren't invincible.

This game might have been the pressure they needed to get their focus realigned.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NavyBlueAggie
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by NavyBlueAggie » March 14th, 2019, 9:59 pm

Our AGGIES looked rested, rusty and a bit out of sync. New Mexico played a very heady pressing game and had us on the ropes more than one time. USUFan1 noted we escaped with a win that could have been a loss.....so true. The Lobos are very solid team.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic