Over and back

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
WAaggieFan

Re: Over and back

Post by WAaggieFan » March 15th, 2019, 7:21 pm

aggies22 wrote:
nswaggie wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 11:05 am
nswaggie wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 11:24 pm
Blue42 wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 10:41 pm
SaintAggie wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 10:40 pm
Blue42 wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 10:38 pm
Lots of Lobo fans on Facebook saying the refs cost them the game tonight.
I'm honestly not sure how...
They’re blaming:
1. No T on Queta for hanging on the rim
2. Missed out of bounds call that led to Weir getting the T
3. No offensive foul on Queta when Bragg flopped and then tried to trip Queta, which ended with him getting his fifth foul
Bad calls on both sides:
1. Over and back or ten second call ( Sam clearly made it over and then it was poked away)
2. The call they wanted Quetta traveling on should have been an intentional tripping foul on NM watch the replay should have gotten foul and the ball (Grayson Allen Special)
3. Several more fouls on their press that could have been called.

I would also say as being the underdog the last several years the refs don’t ever call the game to favor the underdog, as the underdog you gotta work through that. If you wanna get better calls in the tournament win more games in the regular season.
Paul Weir says it even better than I did:
“(Neemias) Queta has earned the right for those calls. (Sam) Merrill has earned the right for those calls. They’re great players on a great team and they earn the right to kind of get the calls they do. Carlton, I love him to death. Our guys, I love them to death. They just haven’t earned that credibility yet to get those 50/50 breaks with officials.”

This is why finishing top 3 in the regular season is so important, you earn that credibility and benefit of the doubt.
How about Carlton not flop and then scissor his legs closed and trip Queta? Had he not flopped and rolled around on the floor, he wouldn't have fouled out.
I thought BYU had exclusive rights to alligator rolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 15th, 2019, 7:26 pm

WAaggieFan wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 7:21 pm
aggies22 wrote:
nswaggie wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 11:05 am
nswaggie wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 11:24 pm
Blue42 wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 10:41 pm
SaintAggie wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 10:40 pm
Blue42 wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 10:38 pm
Lots of Lobo fans on Facebook saying the refs cost them the game tonight.
I'm honestly not sure how...
They’re blaming:
1. No T on Queta for hanging on the rim
2. Missed out of bounds call that led to Weir getting the T
3. No offensive foul on Queta when Bragg flopped and then tried to trip Queta, which ended with him getting his fifth foul
Bad calls on both sides:
1. Over and back or ten second call ( Sam clearly made it over and then it was poked away)
2. The call they wanted Quetta traveling on should have been an intentional tripping foul on NM watch the replay should have gotten foul and the ball (Grayson Allen Special)
3. Several more fouls on their press that could have been called.

I would also say as being the underdog the last several years the refs don’t ever call the game to favor the underdog, as the underdog you gotta work through that. If you wanna get better calls in the tournament win more games in the regular season.
Paul Weir says it even better than I did:
“(Neemias) Queta has earned the right for those calls. (Sam) Merrill has earned the right for those calls. They’re great players on a great team and they earn the right to kind of get the calls they do. Carlton, I love him to death. Our guys, I love them to death. They just haven’t earned that credibility yet to get those 50/50 breaks with officials.”

This is why finishing top 3 in the regular season is so important, you earn that credibility and benefit of the doubt.
How about Carlton not flop and then scissor his legs closed and trip Queta? Had he not flopped and rolled around on the floor, he wouldn't have fouled out.
I thought BYU had exclusive rights to alligator rolls.

They're in the process of filing a lawsuit right now.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » March 15th, 2019, 8:10 pm

The funny part of the rim hang replay was the announcer was counting seconds off when the video replay was in slow motion:)

Locked Previous topicNext topic