New Mexico attendance

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
usufan1
Posts: 445
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:09 pm
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 38 times

New Mexico attendance

Post by usufan1 » March 14th, 2019, 10:04 pm

For those of you in Las Vegas - how was the UNM attendance?

They mentioned on the broadcast there were a lot of UNM fans present and it definitely sounded that way. But I was curious if it was a combination of UNM fans and fans from other teams cheering for New Mexico to win?


Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


Last edited by usufan1 on March 14th, 2019, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.



QuackAttackAggie
2015 & 2017 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Posts: 15142
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 131 times

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by QuackAttackAggie » March 14th, 2019, 10:11 pm

UNM is always the best represented fan base, unless UNLV is having a good season. It has always been this way.



slcagg
Posts: 2800
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by slcagg » March 14th, 2019, 10:18 pm

I watched a little bit of the UNLV game. It didn’t seem like they had many there,



NVAggie
Posts: 14953
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 169 times

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by NVAggie » March 14th, 2019, 10:26 pm

UNM is always well represented. I’m sure others joined in.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6130
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 532 times
Been liked: 306 times
Contact:

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by aggies22 » March 14th, 2019, 10:26 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 10:11 pm
UNM is always the best represented fan base, unless UNLV is having a good season. It has always been this way.
If you lived in New Mexico, wouldn't you want to get the hell out of there for nearly a week?



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 14803
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 199 times

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 14th, 2019, 10:27 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 10:26 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 10:11 pm
UNM is always the best represented fan base, unless UNLV is having a good season. It has always been this way.
If you lived in New Mexico, wouldn't you want to get the hell out of there for nearly a week?
We should build a wall around New Mexico to keep them in.



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 11754
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 176 times
Contact:

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by ProvoAggie » March 14th, 2019, 10:31 pm

New Mexico has by far the biggest fan base down here. They were at least double what we had. We were about the same as Nevada. No one else has had much.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk




User avatar
MrBiggle
Posts: 1061
Joined: October 10th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by MrBiggle » March 14th, 2019, 10:34 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 10:31 pm
New Mexico has by far the biggest fan base down here. They were at least double what we had. We were about the same as Nevada. No one else has had much.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I hope we get more down there, it would be great if we could make it loud for a tie breaker on saturday.


Where only sage brush grows

User avatar
Blue42
Posts: 139
Joined: November 5th, 2018, 5:00 pm
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by Blue42 » March 14th, 2019, 10:36 pm

Pretty sure UNM fans on Facebook were calling the Thomas & Mack the “Pit West”


“Winning takes care of everything.”
- (pre-divorce) Tiger Woods

AggieSox
Posts: 935
Joined: August 6th, 2012, 8:43 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by AggieSox » March 14th, 2019, 10:38 pm

TV announcer said crowd was 80% UNM and 20% USU.

Normally everyone in the arena cheers for the under dog and it does take a toll on you as the higher seed.

GO AGGIES Great WIN Tonight.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 14803
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 199 times

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 14th, 2019, 11:23 pm

Some of the fans in red could’ve been Fresno fans.



Aggie84025
Posts: 355
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 14 times

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by Aggie84025 » March 14th, 2019, 11:26 pm

For sure a great crowd by NM, but also a good showing by the Aggies. There will be even more tomorrow night.



buckfever
Posts: 1657
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:53 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by buckfever » March 14th, 2019, 11:29 pm

Well. The camera view was pointed towards them. But they filled entire side of bowl. Yeah. 4-1 lobo
But they are gone



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14291
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 80 times
Contact:

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by treesap32 » March 14th, 2019, 11:30 pm

AggieSox wrote:TV announcer said crowd was 80% UNM and 20% USU.

Normally everyone in the arena cheers for the under dog and it does take a toll on you as the higher seed.

GO AGGIES Great WIN Tonight.
That's an exaggeration. It was probably 65% UNM, 35% USU. We had about as many as Nevada. UNM had the most of any fanbase as usual.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk




User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14291
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 80 times
Contact:

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by treesap32 » March 14th, 2019, 11:31 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:Some of the fans in red could’ve been Fresno fans.
They were. Fresno shares the section with UNM.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk




blueaggie
Posts: 755
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 13 times

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by blueaggie » March 14th, 2019, 11:33 pm

Great crowd by UNM and they are very loud. I would say 60 40. The problem we have is that so many of our fans act like they are at the opera. They just sit there and barely make an effort to clap. If you are wild and crazy get down here so we can rock the house tomorrow. There are plenty of tickets and they should be pretty cheap.



Aggie84025
Posts: 355
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 14 times

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by Aggie84025 » March 14th, 2019, 11:36 pm

blueaggie wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 11:33 pm
Great crowd by UNM and they are very loud. I would say 60 40. The problem we have is that so many of our fans act like they are at the opera. They just sit there and barely make an effort to clap. If you are wild and crazy get down here so we can rock the house tomorrow. There are plenty of tickets and they should be pretty cheap.


[WHere is the best place to get tickets? 4 of us heading down tomorrow.]



blueaggie
Posts: 755
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 13 times

Re: New Mexico attendance

Post by blueaggie » March 14th, 2019, 11:44 pm

We bought ours from scalpers and paid 25.00 each for 50.00 tickets.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic