Just a humble perspective.

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
mcaggie1
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Just a humble perspective.

Post by mcaggie1 » March 15th, 2019, 10:17 am

I was thinking back to the game last night, and marveling on how this Aggie team caught up in the 2nd half and took over down the stretch. I hope I never get used to it. I look at Smith, and start comparing him to Duryea. HUGE differences in every facet of the game, but mainly in attitude, hustle and drive. I am not saying Duryea is worthless. He is as nice a guy as you want to know. He is and has been a really good assistant coach, but not a great head coach by any stretch. That is not to put him down. That dynamic is evident every day in every team sport. Great assistants many times just don’t make it as a HC. They go back to being an assistant which is their niche.
As for Coach Smith...he is as good a tactician as you will see in the game of basketball. BUT, the intangibles he has make all the difference. Merrill and Taylor said in an interview last week that they new they had a great head coach the first time they talked with him. That is unusual. I am grateful for Hartwell’s judgement. Really grateful!

Here’s hoping Coach will love Cache Valley so much, he will want to stay awhile. Quite awhile.

NVAggie
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: Just a humble perspective.

Post by NVAggie » March 15th, 2019, 10:21 am

This is just a fun team to watch. They aren't the greatest athletes in the conference. They aren't very flashy. We have a bunch of walk-ons converted to scholarship players. This is my type of team.
These users liked this post from NVAggie:
AngusAg

flying_scotsman2.0
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Just a humble perspective.

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 15th, 2019, 10:24 am

NVAggie wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 10:21 am
This is just a fun team to watch. They aren't the greatest athletes in the conference. They aren't very flashy. We have a bunch of walk-ons converted to scholarship players. This is my type of team.
Bean is actually a surprising athlete. He reminds me of Jardine. Maybe not quite so athletic, but a better shooter. Even so, that swat last night was monstrous and he had 15 rebounds!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic