Justin Bean does not deserve a scholarship...

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ineptimusprime

Justin Bean does not deserve a scholarship...

Post by ineptimusprime » March 15th, 2019, 11:49 pm

...he deserves ALL the scholarships.

Debating that now seems so silly.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
MetsJetsAggiessneed

trombone_ninja

Re: Justin Bean does not deserve a scholarship...

Post by trombone_ninja » March 15th, 2019, 11:51 pm

Yeah... remember when everyone was trashing on him? He’s been out to prove the naysayers wrong all along and has succeeded

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 16th, 2019, 12:00 am

The guy has been a difference maker. Glad he is on our team. I admit I was a naysayer.

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » March 16th, 2019, 12:06 am

One of the things I have seen him do more in the past couple of games is handle the ball up top a bit like Quinn Taylor does. He actually seems to have decent handles and I think he can fill that Taylor glue role perfectly next year.
These users thanked the author jpswensen for the post (total 2):
MrBigglecrazywookie

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » March 16th, 2019, 12:09 am

jpswensen wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 12:06 am
One of the things I have seen him do more in the past couple of games is handle the ball up top a bit like Quinn Taylor does. He actually seems to have decent handles and I think he can fill that Taylor glue role perfectly next year.
Honestly, with a year of experience and another off-season of work, I think he'll be an upgrade from Taylor.
These users thanked the author dirtnsnow for the post:
sneed

Aggies All the Way!

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » March 16th, 2019, 12:12 am

trombone_ninja wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 11:51 pm
remember when everyone was trashing on him?
Please remind me when "everyone" was trashing on him . . . .

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » March 16th, 2019, 12:13 am

dirtnsnow wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 12:09 am
Honestly, with a year of experience and another off-season of work, I think he'll be an upgrade from Taylor.
Uhh. Yeah. Easily.
These users thanked the author ChicAggie for the post:
dirtnsnow

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » March 16th, 2019, 12:40 am

ChicAggie wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 12:12 am
trombone_ninja wrote:
Figure of speech, dude, I didn’t mean it literally lol

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » March 16th, 2019, 9:22 am

trombone_ninja wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
trombone_ninja wrote:
Sure, but you’re insinuating it was the majority of people......when in reality I think you’d be hard pressed to find more than one person saying that.

The board likes to take an opinion they don’t like and also turns out to be wrong, and the lm apply the wrong opinion to the entire board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 2):
PacobagChicAggie

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » March 16th, 2019, 9:44 am

I'll eat crow on this one. I wasn't a believer but he made me change my mind.

Aggiefever

Post by Aggiefever » March 16th, 2019, 10:37 am

If anyone has some time to kill before the game today, you should read through the entire Bean thread. If you don't end the thread with a huge grin on your face (because of how wrong some people were and not because you enjoyed seeing some people tear down a fellow aggie), you have no soul.

signalwar

Post by signalwar » March 16th, 2019, 11:47 am

The kid can sure leap. What's his vertical?

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » March 16th, 2019, 11:55 am

Aggiefever wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 10:37 am
If anyone has some time to kill before the game today, you should read through the entire Bean thread. If you don't end the thread with a huge grin on your face (because of how wrong some people were and not because you enjoyed seeing some people tear down a fellow aggie), you have no soul.
Good call, I just scanned through a few pages. The future is difficult to predict so in hindsight, it is easy to see which predictions/statements materialized. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48234

Some of my favorites:

"I can promise you, this year's team is nothing special, but we do play hard and are well coached -- just have a real lack in talent. This is not even close to an NCAA tournament team; I'd be thrilled to get a look from the NIT."

"Bean will not even average 8 minutes a game next year. Smith is going to recruit way over him"

"No BBall walkon is ever going to be enough and never has been enough in over 50 years I've been watching USU. Time to get better players than Taylor, Bean, and Porter."

"Bean, Taylor, Brito, Porter, etc. are all team players, but they lack talent. And when we go on the road in the MWC, there are going to be some very surprising loses for many of you."

"I'm sure I know more about BBall than you."
These users thanked the author Pacobag for the post:
sneed

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » March 16th, 2019, 12:56 pm

2004AG wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 9:22 am
trombone_ninja wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
trombone_ninja wrote:
Sure, but you’re insinuating it was the majority of people......when in reality I think you’d be hard pressed to find more than one person saying that.

The board likes to take an opinion they don’t like and also turns out to be wrong, and then apply the wrong opinion to the entire board.
Exactly.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 16th, 2019, 1:25 pm

:rock:
Pacobag wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 11:55 am
Aggiefever wrote:
Good call, I just scanned through a few pages. The future is difficult to predict so in hindsight, it is easy to see which predictions/statements materialized. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48234

Some of my favorites:

"I can promise you, this year's team is nothing special, but we do play hard and are well coached -- just have a real lack in talent. This is not even close to an NCAA tournament team; I'd be thrilled to get a look from the NIT."

"Bean will not even average 8 minutes a game next year. Smith is going to recruit way over him"

"No BBall walkon is ever going to be enough and never has been enough in over 50 years I've been watching USU. Time to get better players than Taylor, Bean, and Porter."

"Bean, Taylor, Brito, Porter, etc. are all team players, but they lack talent. And when we go on the road in the MWC, there are going to be some very surprising loses for many of you."

I am very proud of myself for my measured, objective takes on Bean in that thread.

(pats self on back).

Where is USUBlue? He ded or something?

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » March 16th, 2019, 2:05 pm

Pacobag wrote:
Aggiefever wrote:

Some of my favorites:

This is my favorite part from the thread. A little biased but I stand by it.

bigblue wrote:
Bean, among other players, play their asses off for their team and school. Tonight's game was fun as hell. Bean definitely deserved the extra cheers he received tonight. Now I'm no expert, but that says a ton about his performance. I'm not going to bag on a player for one boneheaded turnover trying to get fancy. Not like it was something that gave the lead away. It happens. It's apart of having fun playing. There is ton of talk about the talent level in this team and everyone knows there needs to be more. To one is disputing that fact. But what we haven't seen yet is how Coach develops players. Talent is not a given at birth, it's developed. It's why I love college sports. I love seeing some players develop their game and become better players. Duryea couldn't develope players and that is the biggest reason he was let go.

Sometimes fans need to "stop and smell the flowers" when a player, who normally don't play well or much comes in and has a decent game. You can lose so much enjoyment when your constantly looking at the bigger picture. That's not so say you shouldn't never look at the bigger picture but at least enjoy the little moments.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk[/quote

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

AngusAg

Post by AngusAg » March 16th, 2019, 2:08 pm

Pacobag wrote:
Aggiefever wrote:

Some of my favorites:

Classic. Good find Paco.

LoveMyAggies

Post by LoveMyAggies » March 16th, 2019, 3:07 pm

Pacobag wrote:
Aggiefever wrote:

Some of my favorites:

:lol: :notworthy:

Locked Previous topicNext topic