Reffing was one sided. Congrats on your once in every 6-8 year March Madness appearance.

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
FloridaAggie13

Re: Reffing was one sided. Congrats on your once in every 6-8 year March Madness appearance.

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 16th, 2019, 9:30 pm

SDSU wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 9:22 pm
OKAggie wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 9:09 pm
SDSU wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 8:39 pm
SectionBAggie wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Nothing like a heart-felt congratulations. Absolutely nothing.
just being realistic. SDSU also lost to Wyoming and Fresno St in the MWC tourney title game and they fell back on obscurity while SDSU remains consistent.

Hopefully next season, Utah St will remain relevant. We need competition.
Congrats. at this rate you'll have lost a tourney title game to the whole conference by about 2026. Consistent, as in consistently not good enough to parlay all that talent into a title.

Curious: Are you guys going to buy a game in the CIT? I'm guessing you might get past USD in a first round game.

Also: do you owe Brown a return game next year? Or did you really have to pay $90,000 to an Ivy League also-ran to beat you by 20 on your home court?

Enjoy the offseason. The long, unfulfilling offseason, replaying in your mind how the refs stole the title from you.

Don't be a stranger. On second thought, do be a stranger.
you sound salty. We've been beating you guys for the last decade. Have fun with your 15 mins of fame and back to obscurity while we reload with Flynn(curry 2.0) and Jaden (durant 2.0)

u do realize SDSU is projected to finish first in 2020 right?

have fun in the dance. Hope Utah St doesn't go one and done
What about this year's team? What is your projection next week in the NCAA Tournament?

Oh, wait. Oops.

Jjoey53

Re: Reffing was one sided. Congrats on your once in every 6-8 year March Madness appearance.

Post by Jjoey53 » March 16th, 2019, 9:35 pm

SDSU wrote:
dirtnsnow wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 8:50 pm
SDSU wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 8:36 pm
Obviously it wasn't the ref's fault for the 10-0 2nd half run, but it was pretty much one sided after that. They got bailed out enough times to hold on to the win. What can I say? sometimes refs call bad games.

SDSU will be relevant for a while because SDSU will get pac 12 leading scorer Malachi Flynn, Jaden McDaniels(top 3 draft pick), and Jalen is coming back for his senior year(confirmed in locker room). SDSU is projected to finish #1 in the conference in 2020 since Nevada will fall back into obscurity.

I Will be rooting for Nevada and Utah St in the dance.
I'll bite. I'm sure it was the refs daily you guys missed the front end of two consecutive one and ones, and also their fault that Mitchell couldn't hit the ocean from a cruise ship. Also their fault SDSU couldn't convert Aggie turnovers into points. Definitely on the refs.
for a low scoring game, shooting 24 FTs is a lot. We shot half as many and we only lost by 7

Refs played a big role on why utah st won. Don't deny it

SDSU played a more aggressive defense, thus more calls. Get used to USU being at or near the top for the immediate future. Good luck in NIT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » March 16th, 2019, 9:42 pm

SDSU wrote:
SDSU will get pac 12 leading scorer Malachi Flynn
I'm not sure where you are getting your stats from, but this is an utter lie. He was the 11th leading scorer (http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... 2018/id/21) and 44th in FG%.

Like I said, I watched him play at WSU and it is laughable for you to compare him to Curry. Curry was better at creating, better at shooting, shot more times per game, had 10 more PPG. Flynn is good, but Curry he is not and he was not even close to the best player or guard in the PAC12 in 2017-2018.

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 16th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Why are you here? Don't you have sex toys to wave at sexual assault victims?

You, Fresno, unm and unlv are truly disappointing. You lost to f'n brown at home- but all of you had the talent to be very good teams.

Sr. Tubastank
Has thanked: 0

Post by Sr. Tubastank » March 16th, 2019, 9:45 pm

SDSU wrote:
OKAggie wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 9:09 pm
SDSU wrote:
SectionBAggie wrote:
just being realistic. SDSU also lost to Wyoming and Fresno St in the MWC tourney title game and they fell back on obscurity while SDSU remains consistent.

Congrats. at this rate you'll have lost a tourney title game to the whole conference by about 2026. Consistent, as in consistently not good enough to parlay all that talent into a title.

Curious: Are you guys going to buy a game in the CIT? I'm guessing you might get past USD in a first round game.

Also: do you owe Brown a return game next year? Or did you really have to pay $90,000 to an Ivy League also-ran to beat you by 20 on your home court?

Enjoy the offseason. The long, unfulfilling offseason, replaying in your mind how the refs stole the title from you.

Don't be a stranger. On second thought, do be a stranger.
you sound salty. We've been beating you guys for the last decade. Have fun with your 15 mins of fame and back to obscurity while we reload with Flynn(curry 2.0) and Jaden (durant 2.0)

u do realize SDSU is projected to finish first in 2020 right?

have fun in the dance. Hope Utah St doesn't go one and done
Hey guy! You do realize USU was projected to finish 9th right? Would you like some salt on your L?

@Call_It_Ustate

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » March 16th, 2019, 9:50 pm

SDSU wrote:
Flynn(curry 2.0) and Jaden (durant 2.0)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic, SDSU. Really, really good material. Nice that the junior GSWs will be competing in the MWC next season.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

aggieguy13

Post by aggieguy13 » March 16th, 2019, 9:56 pm

Is that Mitchell guy coming back? That guy's a stud. You should definitely feature him on offense more often next year.

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » March 16th, 2019, 9:59 pm

I think he was right in his assertion the McDaniels is coming back. He played his way out of the 1st round of the draft this year, and I had a chance to ask a GSW scout what he thought of him. His reply was "soft as melted butter".

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » March 16th, 2019, 10:02 pm

Yeah, but these guys average 13.26 rebounds and 14.4 points between them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » March 16th, 2019, 10:06 pm

jpswensen wrote:
SDSU wrote:
I'm not sure where you are getting your stats from, but this is an utter lie. He was the 11th leading scorer (http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... 2018/id/21) and 44th in FG%.

Like I said, I watched him play at WSU and it is laughable for you to compare him to Curry. Curry was better at creating, better at shooting, shot more times per game, had 10 more PPG. Flynn is good, but Curry he is not and he was not even close to the best player or guard in the PAC12 in 2017-2018.
He has the same 3pt percentage as Mitchell lol

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » March 16th, 2019, 10:11 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
jpswensen wrote:
SDSU wrote:

He has the same 3pt percentage as Mitchell lol

So do I

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » March 16th, 2019, 10:36 pm

SDSU did look good during the tournament, I’m not sure what happened to them all season, I didn’t pay much attention to them this year. It seems like they usually struggle early and get better around conference time, maybe they just took longer to gel this year. I don’t doubt they will be good next year, good talent, good coach, great program and support. I hope they do better out of conference, it would certainly help to get more MWC teams into the big dance. My only issue is if you are the king of the conference (even if it is self proclaimed). Then the classy move is to congratulate the team that beat you 2 of 3 and say you look forward to the competition next year. Backhanded insults is prepubescent and makes you look scared. Add in the blame on the refs and not giving the other team credit for obviously beating you and credibility is gone. I suspect this is why you don’t have a bunch of your buddies over here backing you up, they realize everything gained this year by USU and SDSU was earned.

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 16th, 2019, 11:04 pm

SDSU wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 8:54 pm
dirtnsnow wrote:
SDSU wrote:
Obviously it wasn't the ref's fault for the 10-0 2nd half run, but it was pretty much one sided after that. They got bailed out enough times to hold on to the win. What can I say? sometimes refs call bad games.

SDSU will be relevant for a while because SDSU will get pac 12 leading scorer Malachi Flynn, Jaden McDaniels(top 3 draft pick), and Jalen is coming back for his senior year(confirmed in locker room). SDSU is projected to finish #1 in the conference in 2020 since Nevada will fall back into obscurity.

I'll bite. I'm sure it was the refs daily you guys missed the front end of two consecutive one and ones, and also their fault that Mitchell couldn't hit the ocean from a cruise ship. Also their fault SDSU couldn't convert Aggie turnovers into points. Definitely on the refs.
for a low scoring game, shooting 24 FTs is a lot. We shot half as many and we only lost by 7

Refs played a big role on why utah st won. Don't deny it
Yeah we could have won by more if they wouldn’t have tried to throw the game right at the end.

Where only sage brush grows

ncs53

Post by ncs53 » March 16th, 2019, 11:10 pm

You must have been watching a different game. Every call against us happened when we were killing you and the refs wanted to make it closer with horrible calls...
These users thanked the author ncs53 for the post:
diddy

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 16th, 2019, 11:22 pm

dirtnsnow wrote:
SDSU wrote:

It's also the refs fault that Mitchell ate all them donuts the past 20 years.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 16th, 2019, 11:25 pm

jpswensen wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 9:42 pm
SDSU wrote:

Is he talking about the PAC-12 this year? geez. Why don't you go grab the 11th leading scorer from the Big Sky instead?

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » March 16th, 2019, 11:29 pm

Congrats to all those cat fished by SDSU. He or she came on here and got 100% of what they were looking for. Let’s be better and start acting like we belong and laugh at clowns that get their jollies with these kind of games.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » March 16th, 2019, 11:30 pm

Next year try to beat USD for a change and help the conference, if SDSU, UNLV, UNM and Boise won a few OOC games, maybe you might have made the tourney as an at large.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » March 16th, 2019, 11:34 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 11:25 pm
jpswensen wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 9:42 pm
SDSU wrote:

Is he talking about the PAC-12 this year? geez. Why don't you go grab the 11th leading scorer from the Big Sky instead?
Malachi Flynn had to sit out a year because of his transfer. He did not play this year, and that is why I linked to his 2017-2018 number (which don't measure up to SDSU delusions of grandeur).
These users thanked the author jpswensen for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

My side projects:

LKGates

Post by LKGates » March 17th, 2019, 1:43 am

AndroidAggie wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 8:48 pm
SDSU has a frank

SDSU is frank?

:mindblown:
Nah, I don't think this guy is Frank. I think he's that BYU-P troll from the MWCBoard.com, #1Stunner, with a SDSU sock puppet. Nice try, Stunner. Go have some ice cream.

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » March 17th, 2019, 5:23 am

LKGates wrote:
March 17th, 2019, 1:43 am

Nah, I don't think this guy is Frank. I think he's that BYU-P troll from the MWCBoard.com, #1Stunner, with a SDSU sock puppet. Nice try, Stunner. Go have some ice cream.
I would be sorely disappointed if it was a byu fan. Having haters means you've arrived. If it's really a San Diego state fan then it's a good sign

If it's a byu fan then it's annoying because they can't figure out of we're a risk or irrelevant. If we are getting this kind of sustained troll attention, then that's an indicator that they care enough to make a stink about us losing to someone else when they don't even play us. Caring that much when the other team loses and you aren't involved is by definition rivalry. But few of their other fans would ever consider lowly USU as rival

So we'd get all the annoyance an trappings of a rivalry without any of the benefits

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » March 17th, 2019, 6:09 am

SDSU wrote:

Yeah, well, you predicted this too: “SDSU will cut the nets again at 6 pm.”

How did that work out?

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 17th, 2019, 7:29 am

#refs

These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 5):
ProvoAggieZaggie07sneedTrueBlueFankofdog

tinplater

Post by tinplater » March 17th, 2019, 8:51 am

Actually I am kind of hoping we get picked to finish 9th in the conference again next year...

GUS

Post by GUS » March 17th, 2019, 9:49 am

Losers blame the refs for a loss.

BioAggie

Post by BioAggie » March 17th, 2019, 9:59 am

Man, I’ve missed having Frank on here!

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » March 17th, 2019, 10:01 am

BioAggie wrote:
March 17th, 2019, 9:59 am
Man, I’ve missed having Frank on here!
It is actually immensely surprising he hasn't been around, given that NMSU has been playing so well in the WAC this year. I guess he only feel comfortable coming around when NMSU is doing well and USU not so well?

My side projects:

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » March 17th, 2019, 11:09 am

SDSU wrote:

I will say my impression of SDSU at the tournament was that the team was impressive. Also the team displayed a level of maturity that a certain of other MW team totally lacks. I wish SDSU well wherever they play next.

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

TheSauerkrautKid
Has thanked: 0

Post by TheSauerkrautKid » March 17th, 2019, 12:14 pm

SDSU wrote:
SectionBAggie wrote:

Youre right, SDSU has consistently made it to the tournament and has a lot of conference wins... at least until they are vacated. #FraudFisher

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » March 17th, 2019, 1:37 pm

SDSU wrote:

You think we are afraid of your new recruits? We will still have 2 of the 3 former walkons that beat you this year, plus some other guys.

Locked Previous topicNext topic