ESPN Bracketology Show

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AgMac
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 105 times

ESPN Bracketology Show

Post by AgMac » March 17th, 2019, 9:30 pm

Had very good things to say about the Aggies. Especially Seth Greenberg. Consensus seemed to be that we would beat Washington, and Greenberg thinks NC needs to look out for us.

Nice to get some hype!

:utah: :state:

hipsterdoofus21
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 375 times

Re: ESPN Bracketology Show

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 18th, 2019, 2:20 am

AgMac wrote:
March 17th, 2019, 9:30 pm
Had very good things to say about the Aggies. Especially Seth Greenberg. Consensus seemed to be that we would beat Washington, and Greenberg thinks NC needs to look out for us.

Nice to get some hype!

:utah: :state:
Yeah I was surprised to hear so much praise from Seth who really bashed us about our lack of institutional extinguisher control. The CBS breakdown was also favorable towards the Aggies.

NVAggie
Has liked: 490 times
Been liked: 380 times

Post by NVAggie » March 18th, 2019, 7:50 am

As always, I get very nervous when these "experts" start predicting that we are going to win. It never seems to go well for us. I'm just going to continue to enjoy the ride.

P.S. Seth Greenberg is an idiot most of the time. I guess I have to like him for a second.

usufan1
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by usufan1 » March 18th, 2019, 8:32 am

NVAggie wrote:As always, I get very nervous when these "experts" start predicting that we are going to win. It never seems to go well for us. I'm just going to continue to enjoy the ride.

P.S. Seth Greenberg is an idiot most of the time. I guess I have to like him for a second.
That's my natural reaction when I hear them begin to talk about the Aggies.

So many years of being dubbed a "Cinderella team" made me leary.

I almost feel like I'd rather not have the attention on the Aggies and have them go in as underdogs.

But this team deserves every bit of attention and praise they get!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Usu0505
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Usu0505 » March 18th, 2019, 9:19 am

As coach said, they have been playing playoff games all year. I don’t see this one getting in their heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dyedblue
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 229 times

Post by dyedblue » March 18th, 2019, 10:43 am

I think the 9 day break was perfect for this team. We were physically and mentally exhausted and that break let us reset. It almost cost us the UNM game, but we are much better off because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users liked this post from dyedblue:
Usu0505

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

hipsterdoofus21
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 18th, 2019, 11:24 am

usufan1 wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 8:32 am
NVAggie wrote:As always, I get very nervous when these "experts" start predicting that we are going to win. It never seems to go well for us. I'm just going to continue to enjoy the ride.

That's my natural reaction when I hear them begin to talk about the Aggies.

So many years of being dubbed a "Cinderella team" made me leary.

I almost feel like I'd rather not have the attention on the Aggies and have them go in as underdogs.

But this team deserves every bit of attention and praise they get!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I've always felt the same too, but I had to remind myself that normally coming in as the underdog you want to sneak up and surprise the favorite. This time we are the favorite and it's kind of fun to have all these experts talking about us as such, so I'm just going to enjoy our new national perception.
These users liked this post from hipsterdoofus21:
NVAggie

NVAggie
Has liked: 490 times
Been liked: 380 times

Post by NVAggie » March 18th, 2019, 12:18 pm

I hope to have a long enough stretch of success to completely change my Aggie DNA. Until then, I will always fret about this.

Locked Previous topicNext topic