Homecoming Parade in Jeopardy

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
hipsterdoofus21
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 215 times

Re: Homecoming Parade in Jeopardy

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 20th, 2019, 8:11 pm

Aggie-Man wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 1:47 pm
I liked parades as a kid. My kids liked parades when they were young and my grandkids now like parades. I still like going to them but the commercial stuff they are full of now days pisses me off. Marching bands, floats (the old fashoned kind), horses, old cars all good stuff.
Kids like candy thrown at them. Doesn’t matter if it’s by strangers throwing it out of their car window and that they pick it up off the road.

dyedblue
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by dyedblue » March 20th, 2019, 8:30 pm

aggies22 wrote:
Empire of Dirt wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 6:59 pm
aggies22 wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 10:01 am
I don’t see how 12 police officers working for 2 hours, plus 4 utility employees working 3 hours equals 10k.

12x2x$56+4x3x$48=$1920

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's because they flood the streets with 50 officers, not 12.
You're missing the opportunity cost. While they are watching the parade, they aren't out there writing chicken s*** tickets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I'm sure the chicken $hit ticket writing continues during the parade.
Speaking of those...I got a ticket for parking in front of an old friends house while we went to lunch before a game . There was not a no parking sign anywhere and when I can Beck there was a ticket.

I asked my friend and he saud there used to be one down the street. I walked down to see it and it was laying in the ground so I took a picture of it. I appealed the ticket on the grounds that a curb should be red, the no parking sign should be placed at the beginning of the block instead of the far end so you could see it before posting without walking 100 feet, or the actual sign should be standing. They denied my appeal with no explanation. When I called they told me I should have known it was a no parking zone.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

hipsterdoofus21
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 215 times

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 20th, 2019, 8:36 pm

dyedblue wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 8:30 pm
aggies22 wrote:
Empire of Dirt wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 6:59 pm
aggies22 wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
I don’t see how 12 police officers working for 2 hours, plus 4 utility employees working 3 hours equals 10k.

12x2x$56+4x3x$48=$1920

You're missing the opportunity cost. While they are watching the parade, they aren't out there writing chicken s*** tickets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I'm sure the chicken $hit ticket writing continues during the parade.
Speaking of those...I got a ticket for parking in front of an old friends house while we went to lunch before a game . There was not a no parking sign anywhere and when I can Beck there was a ticket.

I asked my friend and he saud there used to be one down the street. I walked down to see it and it was laying in the ground so I took a picture of it. I appealed the ticket on the grounds that a curb should be red, the no parking sign should be placed at the beginning of the block instead of the far end so you could see it before posting without walking 100 feet, or the actual sign should be standing. They denied my appeal with no explanation. When I called they told me I should have known it was a no parking zone.

I got one for parking less than 30 feet from the stop sign. The cop was anal enough to measure it apparently cause it said I was 29’8” from the stop sign. So 4” too close. I guess I was supposed to have been able to eyeball that.

NavyBlueAggie
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by NavyBlueAggie » March 20th, 2019, 8:51 pm

I once got a parking ticket in Price Utah for not putting money in the meter. Problem was I hadn't yet reached the meter located on the curb and the matron just dropped said ticket on my windshield and whisked away... My friend witnessed this from his vantage at the curb, and I promptly went to the local P D to appeal the citation. The Chief called in the meter maid and asked if had used foul language toward her, and she honestly replied... "NO". He looked back at me and said "just pay the parking ticket" and move on.

Things happen in any size town,,,they just want your money to keep their system working.

TheAKAggie
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by TheAKAggie » March 21st, 2019, 9:44 am

aggies22 wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

12x2x$56+4x3x$48=$1920

It seems like 12, if that’s the case the no idea.

Hail Aggies!

Imakeitrain
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Imakeitrain » March 21st, 2019, 4:02 pm

My experience in Logan just a few years ago is that there was an old ratty city owned Jeep Cherokee, like the older generation before they disappeared and reappeared that would give parking tickets. I don't really remember seeing officers giving out parking tickets.

Traffic tickets on the other hand they stink- but they are pretty necessary. Yes it sucks that I once got a ticket for beating the light to the line but not the "Apex of my turn"- but at the same time that means my vehicle was where I had a red light in position to cause danger to someone with a green light. Sucks, but Budge is an amazing person and officer and I trust him to run a great department.

"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic