We need to beat WA just to shove

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
dyedblue

Re: We need to beat WA just to shove

Post by dyedblue » March 20th, 2019, 1:25 pm

Steve Klauke for the Bees is the best in the state hands down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 21st, 2019, 1:49 pm

I don't follow the Jazz that closely so I don't know this guy. And my goal isn't to say this about any specific reporter either.

But, most sports reporters I am aware of come across that way. They are jock sniffers to the Nth. Unless they are on major networks (or a stalwart for a dynasty type team), they typically have 0 athletic ability- they tend to consider themselves experts in all of the sports but typically know very little about the actual sport. For example, a reporter in the morning show of a major metro area in a conversation about hockey likely couldn't point to an outside edge. (Really basic day 1 things someone who actually plays would know).

Then you get into the locker room after a loss and they ask stupid questions like "How does it feel to lose?". "Why did you lose?" etc.

They are typically about as close to shock jock that still remains on radio.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » March 22nd, 2019, 10:42 am

And Locke isn’t even his real name. Years ago in the beginnings of sports talk radio in Utah there was a guy named Barry King. The “King” as he called himself, brought on a young sidekick to broadcast with him. The guys name was David Lockhiem. Lockhiem was here briefly then went to the Northwest, I think Portland, for a few years and then again surfaced here in SLC. He had dropped “hiem” from the last of his name and added the “e” to it. Then, in a very weak moment, or maybe a lazy moment...the Jazz hired Lockhiem AKA Locke as their play by play guy. A colossal horrible decision. The guy is pathetic, letting stats get in the way of what the heck is going on.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » March 22nd, 2019, 12:19 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 10:42 am
And Locke isn’t even his real name. Years ago in the beginnings of sports talk radio in Utah there was a guy named Barry King. The “King” as he called himself, brought on a young sidekick to broadcast with him. The guys name was David Lockhiem. Lockhiem was here briefly then went to the Northwest, I think Portland, for a few years and then again surfaced here in SLC. He had dropped “hiem” from the last of his name and added the “e” to it. Then, in a very weak moment, or maybe a lazy moment...the Jazz hired Lockhiem AKA Locke as their play by play guy. A colossal horrible decision. The guy is pathetic, letting stats get in the way of what the heck is going on.
I suspect Herr Lochheim is an Ender's Game fan. "Locke" is the nom de plume of Ender's megalomaniac older brother, who ends up being Dictator of Earth. Such a shame they cancelled the rest of those movies.

Locke plainly thinks he's Emperor of Utah Sports.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Locked Previous topicNext topic