Remember, we aren't the "favorite"

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
FloridaAggie13
Posts: 6058
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 24 times

Remember, we aren't the "favorite"

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 20th, 2019, 10:04 pm

Let's remember this is almost essentially a road game. Everyone in the building who isn't a USU fan will be rooting for Washington as they are the underdogs. We all want to see the upset, that's the beauty of the tournament; it only takes one loss and you're done. Conversely, if we win, everyone will be rooting for us to beat UNC on Sunday.



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 868
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Remember, we aren't the "favorite"

Post by scotlandog » March 20th, 2019, 10:11 pm

I still don’t think people see Washington as the underdog. I think people will still be rooting for us as the perceived underdog.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users liked this post from scotlandog:
IdaAg93



bigwilly087
Posts: 930
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 5:43 pm
Location: Fruit Heights
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Remember, we aren't the "favorite"

Post by bigwilly087 » March 20th, 2019, 10:12 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:Let's remember this is almost essentially a road game. Everyone in the building who isn't a USU fan will be rooting for Washington as they are the underdogs. We all want to see the upset, that's the beauty of the tournament; it only takes one loss and you're done. Conversely, if we win, everyone will be rooting for us to beat UNC on Sunday.
I don’t necessarily think that’s true in an 8-9 matchup especially when we’re the mid major. Even with Buffalo a 6 seed I’m still rooting for them over ASU when normally I’d root for the 11.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



dogie
Posts: 2829
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Remember, we aren't the

Post by dogie » March 20th, 2019, 10:17 pm

bigwilly087 wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 10:12 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:Let's remember this is almost essentially a road game. Everyone in the building who isn't a USU fan will be rooting for Washington as they are the underdogs. We all want to see the upset, that's the beauty of the tournament; it only takes one loss and you're done. Conversely, if we win, everyone will be rooting for us to beat UNC on Sunday.
I don’t necessarily think that’s true in an 8-9 matchup especially when we’re the mid major. Even with Buffalo a 6 seed I’m still rooting for them over ASU when normally I’d root for the 11.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People with no dog in the fight often watch the games hoping that someone can stick it to the man. In this case, USU is the sticker and Washington is the man.
These users liked this post from dogie:
IdaAg93



GaryTakeTheWheel
Posts: 12
Joined: January 8th, 2019, 9:16 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 0

Re: Remember, we aren't the "favorite"

Post by GaryTakeTheWheel » March 20th, 2019, 10:28 pm

Amen. I cheer for the mid major on principle.

Pee 5.



918AGG
Posts: 505
Joined: December 20th, 2012, 6:49 pm
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Remember, we aren't the "favorite"

Post by 918AGG » March 21st, 2019, 8:30 am

I honestly don't believe that there's an underdog element here. The 8/9 match-up is essentially a coin toss.

One fascinating thing that we sort of overlook here is that we have earned a very, very good opportunity to get our first NCAAT win since 2001. Win, lose, or draw - this team has been magical this year... and I think that the unwashed masses will grow to love this team if we give them a solid court product.


"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

Aggie84025
Posts: 421
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Remember, we aren't the "favorite"

Post by Aggie84025 » March 21st, 2019, 8:52 am

918AGG wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 8:30 am
I honestly don't believe that there's an underdog element here. The 8/9 match-up is essentially a coin toss.

One fascinating thing that we sort of overlook here is that we have earned a very, very good opportunity to get our first NCAAT win since 2001. Win, lose, or draw - this team has been magical this year... and I think that the unwashed masses will grow to love this team if we give them a solid court product.


[People want a feel good story and USU is that story this year. First year coach with seemingly low expectations from fans, media and conference foes. The only people that believed at the start of the year was the team. Another thing is, this team is fun to watch and play team basketball. When USU walks on the floor the only player from an eye test that would put the fear in any team is Queta. If we play well the fans of other teams or the common folk will want to cheer for this Aggie team.]



NVAggie
Posts: 15174
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 257 times

Re: Remember, we aren't the "favorite"

Post by NVAggie » March 21st, 2019, 9:34 am

I just want to see these guys win. They have really come together as a team and competed so well. They should be proud of their efforts, and I think they deserve to make history.
These users liked this post from NVAggie:
crazywookie



TheSauerkrautKid
Posts: 351
Joined: August 2nd, 2015, 10:50 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Remember, we aren't the "favorite"

Post by TheSauerkrautKid » March 21st, 2019, 9:38 am

I expect a large UNC contingency, and would assume theyll root against who they perceive is the biggest threat in the round of 32. A lot of media say USU, major conf logic says Washington.

Perhaps they will just want to watch a fun game?



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic