Remember, we aren't the "favorite"

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
FloridaAggie13

Remember, we aren't the "favorite"

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 20th, 2019, 10:04 pm

Let's remember this is almost essentially a road game. Everyone in the building who isn't a USU fan will be rooting for Washington as they are the underdogs. We all want to see the upset, that's the beauty of the tournament; it only takes one loss and you're done. Conversely, if we win, everyone will be rooting for us to beat UNC on Sunday.

scotlandog

Re: Remember, we aren't the "favorite"

Post by scotlandog » March 20th, 2019, 10:11 pm

I still don’t think people see Washington as the underdog. I think people will still be rooting for us as the perceived underdog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post:
IdaAg93

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » March 20th, 2019, 10:12 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:Let's remember this is almost essentially a road game. Everyone in the building who isn't a USU fan will be rooting for Washington as they are the underdogs. We all want to see the upset, that's the beauty of the tournament; it only takes one loss and you're done. Conversely, if we win, everyone will be rooting for us to beat UNC on Sunday.
I don’t necessarily think that’s true in an 8-9 matchup especially when we’re the mid major. Even with Buffalo a 6 seed I’m still rooting for them over ASU when normally I’d root for the 11.

dogie

Re: Remember, we aren't the

Post by dogie » March 20th, 2019, 10:17 pm

bigwilly087 wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 10:12 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:Let's remember this is almost essentially a road game. Everyone in the building who isn't a USU fan will be rooting for Washington as they are the underdogs. We all want to see the upset, that's the beauty of the tournament; it only takes one loss and you're done. Conversely, if we win, everyone will be rooting for us to beat UNC on Sunday.
I don’t necessarily think that’s true in an 8-9 matchup especially when we’re the mid major. Even with Buffalo a 6 seed I’m still rooting for them over ASU when normally I’d root for the 11.

People with no dog in the fight often watch the games hoping that someone can stick it to the man. In this case, USU is the sticker and Washington is the man.
These users thanked the author dogie for the post:
IdaAg93

GaryTakeTheWheel

Post by GaryTakeTheWheel » March 20th, 2019, 10:28 pm

Amen. I cheer for the mid major on principle.

Pee 5.

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » March 21st, 2019, 8:30 am

I honestly don't believe that there's an underdog element here. The 8/9 match-up is essentially a coin toss.

One fascinating thing that we sort of overlook here is that we have earned a very, very good opportunity to get our first NCAAT win since 2001. Win, lose, or draw - this team has been magical this year... and I think that the unwashed masses will grow to love this team if we give them a solid court product.

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 21st, 2019, 8:52 am

918AGG wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 8:30 am
I honestly don't believe that there's an underdog element here. The 8/9 match-up is essentially a coin toss.

One fascinating thing that we sort of overlook here is that we have earned a very, very good opportunity to get our first NCAAT win since 2001. Win, lose, or draw - this team has been magical this year... and I think that the unwashed masses will grow to love this team if we give them a solid court product.

[People want a feel good story and USU is that story this year. First year coach with seemingly low expectations from fans, media and conference foes. The only people that believed at the start of the year was the team. Another thing is, this team is fun to watch and play team basketball. When USU walks on the floor the only player from an eye test that would put the fear in any team is Queta. If we play well the fans of other teams or the common folk will want to cheer for this Aggie team.]

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 21st, 2019, 9:34 am

I just want to see these guys win. They have really come together as a team and competed so well. They should be proud of their efforts, and I think they deserve to make history.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
crazywookie

TheSauerkrautKid
Has thanked: 0

Post by TheSauerkrautKid » March 21st, 2019, 9:38 am

I expect a large UNC contingency, and would assume theyll root against who they perceive is the biggest threat in the round of 32. A lot of media say USU, major conf logic says Washington.

Perhaps they will just want to watch a fun game?

Locked Previous topicNext topic