Do I want Nevada to do well?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Davpmars
Posts: 209
Joined: October 10th, 2011, 4:59 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by Davpmars » March 21st, 2019, 5:01 pm

I am watching the Nevada game and I find myself confused about who I root for. I hope Nevada wins because it looks good for the Mountain West and for us. I hope Nevada loses because they’re a bunch of dicks, especially their coach.

How do you all feel?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



slcagg
Posts: 3339
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 204 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by slcagg » March 21st, 2019, 5:03 pm

Similar as you. But I’m all for that self entitled group to lose. Even against a school like Florida.



Davpmars
Posts: 209
Joined: October 10th, 2011, 4:59 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by Davpmars » March 21st, 2019, 5:06 pm

slcagg wrote:Similar as you. But I’m all for that self entitled group to lose. Even against a school like Florida.
Oh yeah! I hate SEC schools!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Bank Shot
Posts: 200
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by Bank Shot » March 21st, 2019, 5:08 pm

Let the Aggies carry the MWC banner. I just can't root for Mussturd.



MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 6080
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 74 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by MetsJetsAggies » March 21st, 2019, 5:10 pm

Yes. It's good for the conference and for us long term, perception etc. I'm putting the other stuff aside and rooting for them to do well with us

Plus I'm sure Florida has some jackasses of their own, especially the fanbase



USUfreak11
Posts: 107
Joined: May 6th, 2011, 7:47 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by USUfreak11 » March 21st, 2019, 5:20 pm

Lets hope they lose so Aggies get credit for going further than this overrated Nevada team.



mwburn
Posts: 114
Joined: December 17th, 2013, 11:27 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by mwburn » March 21st, 2019, 5:20 pm

Absolutely yes. Makes us look better. Any other answer is emotional.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Twitter: mwburn

bluegrouse
Posts: 2960
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 291 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by bluegrouse » March 21st, 2019, 5:21 pm

Nevada being Nevada. Down 8. They perpetually play from behind......



User avatar
918AGG
Posts: 584
Joined: December 20th, 2012, 6:49 pm
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 104 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by 918AGG » March 21st, 2019, 5:24 pm

I just had the exact same set of thoughts run through my head.

Pros: Good for the conference. I actually like Tre'Shawn Thurman and Jazz Johnson.

Cons: I despise that coaching staff and most of the players. The way that they handled the Spectrum Magic was just deplorable and spoke to a serious lack of integrity.

Conclusion: I hate them and want them to lose.


"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

blueaggie
Posts: 857
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 40 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by blueaggie » March 21st, 2019, 5:29 pm

Even though I can't stand Nevada I want them to do well in the tournament. It will definitely help the conference and help us for seeding next year. Can you agine what that will do for the conference if both teams do well in the tournament. The Nevada coach and most of their players will be gone after this year!
But most importantly go Aggies!



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 8068
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has liked: 293 times
Been liked: 155 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by ViAggie » March 21st, 2019, 5:31 pm

YES

Good for the conference, makes us look good!


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

bpd
Posts: 945
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 50 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by bpd » March 21st, 2019, 5:32 pm

Each MW win equals about $55,000 for us. We are going to need some money to Pay Craig, which Hartwell is working on.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 611
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 152 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by ThunderAggie » March 21st, 2019, 5:33 pm

More MW wins = More NCAA tourney bids in future



Aggie19
Posts: 273
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by Aggie19 » March 21st, 2019, 5:37 pm

Not a question at all for me, I hope they get their collective asses kicked. I doesn't do anything for us at this point. Next year seeding and all that will be taken care of by us and how we do. After the lies from that coach and his wife and the garbage from the"great kid", they can go to hell. But I'm not bitter or anything. 😁😉


Go Aggies!

User avatar
918AGG
Posts: 584
Joined: December 20th, 2012, 6:49 pm
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 104 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by 918AGG » March 21st, 2019, 5:40 pm

bpd wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:32 pm
Each MW win equals about $55,000 for us. We are going to need some money to Pay Craig, which Hartwell is working on.
Here's a nice little (although somewhat dated) Washington Post piece on the payouts: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... edirect=on

Though by this logic, I'm guessing that we were all cheering for SDSU in the MW championship? :)


"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

mwburn
Posts: 114
Joined: December 17th, 2013, 11:27 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by mwburn » March 21st, 2019, 5:40 pm

918AGG wrote:I just had the exact same set of thoughts run through my head.

Pros: Good for the conference. I actually like Tre'Shawn Thurman and Jazz Johnson.

Cons: I despise that coaching staff and most of the players. The way that they handled the Spectrum Magic was just deplorable and spoke to a serious lack of integrity.

Conclusion: I hate them and want them to lose.
All the bad (or most) is gone next year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Twitter: mwburn

USUfreak11
Posts: 107
Joined: May 6th, 2011, 7:47 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by USUfreak11 » March 21st, 2019, 5:42 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:33 pm
More MW wins = More NCAA tourney bids in future
Won't be needed if we can win the conference every year.



MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 6080
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 74 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by MetsJetsAggies » March 21st, 2019, 5:42 pm

Also if you root for them to win, you will be happy either outcome since you get to see Muss and Caroline cry if they lose



Aggie19
Posts: 273
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by Aggie19 » March 21st, 2019, 5:43 pm

mwburn wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:40 pm
918AGG wrote:I just had the exact same set of thoughts run through my head.

Pros: Good for the conference. I actually like Tre'Shawn Thurman and Jazz Johnson.

Cons: I despise that coaching staff and most of the players. The way that they handled the Spectrum Magic was just deplorable and spoke to a serious lack of integrity.

Conclusion: I hate them and want them to lose.
All the bad (or most) is gone next year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe next year I'll feel differently. As for this year, the reputation of my school, me as a fan and the state of Utah, is more important to me than $55k.


Go Aggies!

User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 611
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 152 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by ThunderAggie » March 21st, 2019, 5:43 pm

Image



User avatar
NAggsty Butler
Posts: 1855
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:39 pm
Location: Bremerton, WA
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by NAggsty Butler » March 21st, 2019, 5:46 pm

USUfreak11 wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:42 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:33 pm
More MW wins = More NCAA tourney bids in future
Won't be needed if we can win the conference every year.
Winning the WAC every year never got us better than an 11 seed. We need the MW to be strong so we have better opportunities. Otherwise, we are right back in the WAC.


"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg
Image

jpswensen
Posts: 1439
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 162 times
Contact:

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by jpswensen » March 21st, 2019, 5:47 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:43 pm
Image
Best response ever!

These users liked this post from jpswensen:
aggies22


Jordan Nathan's #2 Fan (seriously, YBA thinks he wins out against mom?!?!?!)

User avatar
BigBlueDart
2017 FB Predict The Score Champion
Posts: 7988
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 223 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by BigBlueDart » March 21st, 2019, 5:47 pm

I've just never gotten as worked up over the incident by the locker rooms as a lot of folks here have. If some individuals on their team (even several individuals) have issues I'm not ready to paint the whole program and fanbase based on that. Even any negative talk coming from Nevada fans was coming from a place of high emotion on their part. I'd prefer to consider Nevada a peer institution and support them as a conference-mate.
These users liked this post from BigBlueDart. Total Likes: 3
NAggsty ButlerFullsam tingey



USUfreak11
Posts: 107
Joined: May 6th, 2011, 7:47 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by USUfreak11 » March 21st, 2019, 5:49 pm

NAggsty Butler wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:46 pm
USUfreak11 wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:42 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:33 pm
More MW wins = More NCAA tourney bids in future
Won't be needed if we can win the conference every year.
Winning the WAC every year never got us better than an 11 seed. We need the MW to be strong so we have better opportunities. Otherwise, we are right back in the WAC.
I'd rather us win the conference and look the best in it so we can be the first to move out to a better conference.



Bank Shot
Posts: 200
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by Bank Shot » March 21st, 2019, 5:56 pm

Obviously the "conference rep narrative" doesn't dwell in the brain of Chris Murray when he's voting in the AP poll.



Aggie19
Posts: 273
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by Aggie19 » March 21st, 2019, 5:56 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:47 pm
I've just never gotten as worked up over the incident by the locker rooms as a lot of folks here have. If some individuals on their team (even several individuals) have issues I'm not ready to paint the whole program and fanbase based on that. Even any negative talk coming from Nevada fans was coming from a place of high emotion on their part. I'd prefer to consider Nevada a peer institution and support them as a conference-mate.
I'm glad you're in that place BBD, I'm obviously not. But I will say, it's not about their fans or their program for me, it's this team and this coach. Honestly, after all the 12th year seniors 😉 are gone this year and no shirt guy leaves, I'll cheer for them in the tourney again. Not this year.


Go Aggies!

User avatar
NAggsty Butler
Posts: 1855
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:39 pm
Location: Bremerton, WA
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by NAggsty Butler » March 21st, 2019, 5:57 pm

USUfreak11 wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:49 pm
NAggsty Butler wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:46 pm
USUfreak11 wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:42 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:33 pm
More MW wins = More NCAA tourney bids in future
Won't be needed if we can win the conference every year.
Winning the WAC every year never got us better than an 11 seed. We need the MW to be strong so we have better opportunities. Otherwise, we are right back in the WAC.
I'd rather us win the conference and look the best in it so we can be the first to move out to a better conference.
And what conference would that be? It won't be the PAC12, the U would never allow it. We don't fit in geographically with the Big 12, or any of the other conferences. SDSU and UNM didn't have the any other power conferences banging on their door when they were dominating in basketball. The MW is our best shot at success, and unfortunately that requires our conference mates to do well. Hoping for a spot in a Power Conference is a pipe dream.
These users liked this post from NAggsty Butler:
USUfreak11


"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg
Image

mwburn
Posts: 114
Joined: December 17th, 2013, 11:27 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by mwburn » March 21st, 2019, 6:00 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
mwburn wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:40 pm
918AGG wrote:I just had the exact same set of thoughts run through my head.

Pros: Good for the conference. I actually like Tre'Shawn Thurman and Jazz Johnson.

Cons: I despise that coaching staff and most of the players. The way that they handled the Spectrum Magic was just deplorable and spoke to a serious lack of integrity.

Conclusion: I hate them and want them to lose.
All the bad (or most) is gone next year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe next year I'll feel differently. As for this year, the reputation of my school, me as a fan and the state of Utah, is more important to me than $55k.
You’re wrong. Sorry, but emotion shouldn’t be a factor when looking at the end game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Twitter: mwburn

USUfreak11
Posts: 107
Joined: May 6th, 2011, 7:47 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by USUfreak11 » March 21st, 2019, 6:02 pm

We can only hope that Utah gets kicked out then. :joking: MW will always be the underdogs no matter how well everybody does.
Last edited by USUfreak11 on March 21st, 2019, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.



bluegrouse
Posts: 2960
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 291 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by bluegrouse » March 21st, 2019, 6:03 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:47 pm
I've just never gotten as worked up over the incident by the locker rooms as a lot of folks here have. If some individuals on their team (even several individuals) have issues I'm not ready to paint the whole program and fanbase based on that. Even any negative talk coming from Nevada fans was coming from a place of high emotion on their part. I'd prefer to consider Nevada a peer institution and support them as a conference-mate.
I don’t think Caroline is necessarily a bad guy and if that’s all that happened, I would have felt the same as you. But they took really no responsibility and Musselmann’s wife tweeting that our students were chanting the N-word at their players pushed the whole thing over the edge for me. That’s just reprehensible. They handled it horribly. I won’t shed any tears if they lose every game while Musselman is still there...
These users liked this post from bluegrouse. Total Likes: 2
hipsterdoofus21aggies22



mwburn
Posts: 114
Joined: December 17th, 2013, 11:27 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by mwburn » March 21st, 2019, 6:06 pm

People thinking PAC-12 vs MWC need to shift their mentality. You need to be thinking MWC > PAC-12, and replacing them as the goal.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users liked this post from mwburn. Total Likes: 2
NAggsty ButlerFull


Twitter: mwburn

Aggie19
Posts: 273
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by Aggie19 » March 21st, 2019, 6:14 pm

mwburn wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 6:00 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
mwburn wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:40 pm
918AGG wrote:I just had the exact same set of thoughts run through my head.

Pros: Good for the conference. I actually like Tre'Shawn Thurman and Jazz Johnson.

Cons: I despise that coaching staff and most of the players. The way that they handled the Spectrum Magic was just deplorable and spoke to a serious lack of integrity.

Conclusion: I hate them and want them to lose.
All the bad (or most) is gone next year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe next year I'll feel differently. As for this year, the reputation of my school, me as a fan and the state of Utah, is more important to me than $55k.
You’re wrong. Sorry, but emotion shouldn’t be a factor when looking at the end game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is sports, there is always emotion. That's why we like it. I don't want to get into a long drawn out discussion about this, I'm tired of talking about them. I understand your point and the end game, we just look at it differently.


Go Aggies!

User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 611
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 152 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by ThunderAggie » March 21st, 2019, 6:15 pm

Nevada is falling apart. They are exposing their biggest problem the entire season. They rely on one on one match ups and have given up on team ball. I think they are a good team with more talent than most teams in the tournament, they have just gone down hill at the end of the season and have gotten selfish.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2431
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 311 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by ineptimusprime » March 21st, 2019, 6:16 pm

Well, irrespective of how we feel about Nevada, they sure are getting their @sses kicked right now.



bluegrouse
Posts: 2960
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 291 times

Re: Do I want Nevada to do well?

Post by bluegrouse » March 21st, 2019, 6:17 pm

Nevada looks terrible. We broke their confidence and spirit in Logan. They thought they were just entitled to everything. Getting run now. Way to show up, Musselman.



Locked Previous topicNext topic