Crew Ainge is transferring

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GUS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Crew Ainge is transferring

Post by GUS » March 24th, 2019, 5:05 pm

Fakira is just too slow. I liked what I saw from Stall more than what I saw from Fakira.

Donman
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Donman » March 24th, 2019, 6:15 pm

Stall (when healthy) had some pretty good moments

JFWAggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by JFWAggie » March 24th, 2019, 7:17 pm

I really like Knight, I think he has a ton of potential on both sides of the floor. Fakira seems like a real nice dude, but with his limited mobility and verticality I just don’t see him earning meaningful minutes.

If stall and grootfrram stay I hope we go after a high school guard and a juco/grad transfer guard

If stall leaves as well we really need a juco big that can backup queta’s length inside

ineptimusprime
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 133 times

Post by ineptimusprime » March 24th, 2019, 7:22 pm

JFWAggie wrote:
March 24th, 2019, 7:17 pm
I really like Knight, I think he has a ton of potential on both sides of the floor. Fakira seems like a real nice dude, but with his limited mobility and verticality I just don’t see him earning meaningful minutes.

If stall and grootfrram stay I hope we go after a high school guard and a juco/grad transfer guard

If stall leaves as well we really need a juco big that can backup queta’s length inside
I agree with all of this. but I think we’re at zero scholarships right now with Ainge leaving and would need two to leave to add two.

It’d be a good idea to take a hard look at the grad transfer market too.

JFWAggie
Been liked: 26 times

Post by JFWAggie » March 24th, 2019, 7:24 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 24th, 2019, 7:22 pm
JFWAggie wrote:
March 24th, 2019, 7:17 pm

I agree with all of this. but I think we’re at zero scholarships right now with Ainge leaving and would need two to leave to add two.

It’d be a good idea to take a hard look at the grad transfer market too.
True, But i’m pretty confident there will be at least two more scholarships open up

ineptimusprime
Been liked: 133 times

Post by ineptimusprime » March 24th, 2019, 7:30 pm

I think Fakira will be gone, but unless one of Stall or Grootfaam is medically unable to go I’m not sure we move on from them.

I could see TK leaving too for more playing time, but saw enough from him that I hope he sticks around and develops here.

TheAKAggie
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by TheAKAggie » March 24th, 2019, 7:56 pm

Aglicious wrote:At this point Stall, Grootfaam, and dare I say it...........the two Summit League recruits, Fakira and Knight, are all possibilities of moving on.

From what the coaching staff has said, it sounds like Grootfaam is going to get a chance to show what he can do so he may be safe. I personally think Fakira is in over his head at this level and could easily be directed to a program more suitable for him. Stall has shown a few flashes but has proven for multiple years now that he is just not healthy so I could see the staff moving on from him as well. The fact he was selected to not even sit on the bench at the tourney is sort of telling of where he is in the pecking order.
Roche is an all world s*** talker, where as Klay was third best dap giver on the bench. Obvious decision by coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

SLB
Been liked: 27 times

Post by SLB » March 24th, 2019, 8:09 pm

Donman wrote:
March 24th, 2019, 6:15 pm
Stall (when healthy) had some pretty good moments
Stall was a highly rated recruit in the making. He had a number of mid-major offers in his junior year if memory serves me right, and Stall was on the road to have P5 offers then injuries. Stall had great stats in his junior year in high school, and he has played in only 10 games since his junior year of high school.

nswaggie
Been liked: 7 times

Post by nswaggie » March 24th, 2019, 8:44 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 24th, 2019, 7:30 pm
I think Fakira will be gone, but unless one of Stall or Grootfaam is medically unable to go I’m not sure we move on from them.

I could see TK leaving too for more playing time, but saw enough from him that I hope he sticks around and develops here.
I would love to get a Juco guard and have TK redshirt. He could work on his handle (off hand) and re-work his shot. If I’m not mistaken his shooting form needs some work, I could be wrong but I remember watching his shot thinking he was pushing the ball rather than shooting. If he doesn’t have the work ethic to put in the time over a redshirt year let him go, the coaches should know by now.

slcagg
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by slcagg » March 26th, 2019, 2:35 pm

Interesting. Guy averaged just under 20 this year

https://highpointpanthers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7013

ThunderAggie
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 48 times

Post by ThunderAggie » March 26th, 2019, 2:38 pm

slcagg wrote:
March 26th, 2019, 2:35 pm
Interesting. Guy averaged just under 20 this year

https://highpointpanthers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7013
That would be a good get. We need to go after some transfers who have proven they can play well at a D1 level.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 197 times

Post by ProvoAggie » May 13th, 2019, 2:24 pm

Crew is going to Babson College.

bluegrouse
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 189 times

Post by bluegrouse » May 13th, 2019, 3:20 pm

Wow.

EDIT: His dad did just have his second heart attack so maybe that played a role in wanting to be so close to home. Can’t blame a guy for that.
Last edited by bluegrouse on May 13th, 2019, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Timer
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Old Timer » May 13th, 2019, 3:30 pm

I guess his wife does not do laundry

BeHURD

Post by BeHURD » May 13th, 2019, 4:16 pm

Aglicious wrote:
March 24th, 2019, 4:35 pm
At this point Stall, Grootfaam, and dare I say it...........the two Summit League recruits, Fakira and Knight, are all possibilities of moving on.

From what the coaching staff has said, it sounds like Grootfaam is going to get a chance to show what he can do so he may be safe. I personally think Fakira is in over his head at this level and could easily be directed to a program more suitable for him. Stall has shown a few flashes but has proven for multiple years now that he is just not healthy so I could see the staff moving on from him as well. The fact he was selected to not even sit on the bench at the tourney is sort of telling of where he is in the pecking order.
I think Knight stays. He probably won't get a ton of playing time next year, but I could see him starting the following year (when Merrill and Brito are gone.) He is a great athlete and could really help space the floor. He will be good.

Donman

Post by Donman » May 13th, 2019, 4:37 pm

BeHURD wrote:
Aglicious wrote:
At this point Stall, Grootfaam, and dare I say it...........the two Summit League recruits, Fakira and Knight, are all possibilities of moving on.

I think Knight stays. He probably won't get a ton of playing time next year, but I could see him starting the following year (when Merrill and Brito are gone.) He is a great athlete and could really help space the floor. He will be good.
He already signed with a JC

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aglicious
Site Admin
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Aglicious » May 13th, 2019, 5:49 pm

BeHURD wrote:
May 13th, 2019, 4:16 pm
Aglicious wrote:

Yep, both Fakira and Knight are now gone as predicted. Stall is hanging on for now - we'll see how his health holds up.

ChicAggie
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 224 times

Post by ChicAggie » May 13th, 2019, 6:36 pm

BeHURD wrote:
May 13th, 2019, 4:16 pm
Come on, BeHURD. Keep up. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49395&p=574278&hilit=knight#p574278

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

Stucki
Been liked: 0

Post by Stucki » May 13th, 2019, 7:40 pm

I missed the Fakira announcement. Where is he going?

Hail the Utah Aggies!

ChicAggie
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 224 times

Post by ChicAggie » May 13th, 2019, 8:03 pm

Don't remember seeing an official announcement re Fakira. Just insider intel from 22 and others that he is no longer enrolled and has left campus.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic