Playing The Aggies in Logan

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
troutputz
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 49 times

Playing The Aggies in Logan

Post by troutputz » March 26th, 2019, 7:14 pm

One thing that will stand out in my memory about Dave Rose and his 14 years as head coach is that out of those 14 years, he only played us 5 times in LOGAN! 9 times not in Logan! We all know that in a fair World it would have been 7 times in Logan, 7 times in Provo. Dave Rose was a real turd about playing in Logan. Remember Stew and Rose went at each other verbally, especially Stew calling Rose out for not playing in Logan. Why did our athletic directors allow that to happen? I hope it doesn’t happen again after next year, for I see that we are playing the Zoromites in Provo again! Why? This just plain sucks! I shouldn’t have been surprised about Rose and his scheduling. He did the same thing when he was coach of Dixie college. One of Dixie,s rival was Hutchinson Jr. College in Kansas. He did to them what he did to USU. he would play them In St. Greed, or at a neutral site, but always tried his hardest not to play them in Kansas, and he got away with it!
So because of Dave Rose lack of fair play and him just plain being a poor sport I will never have any respect for him, and I never have. It’s okay for Arujuo to kick Spencer Nelson in the nuts, but not okay for an Aggie fan holding up a sign saying Davis has used his nuts too much? So an apology was demanded by BYU admin. Those of you that keep saying it would be good for the MWC if BYU were to come back? Not on your life, they just don’t play with others, we should know that by now about BYU. It is their way or they won’t play. Man, did I tell you how much I loathe them? Oh yeah, I have! Gotta get calmer I might blow out a vein, then my wife would be really ticked off at me! Seriously folks, she tells me that all the time. Don’t you die before me or I will really be mad at you. I tell her, even with the amount of insurance money you will get? Oh yeah, I forgot honey! Have I told you how much I love you lately! Sure, sure!
Our athletic director better get a home and home again withBYU or else don’t play them period. Plus, get rid of this Vivint Center crap in Salt Lake. I pay to see my Aggies play in Logan when it’s their turn to do so!
These users liked this post from troutputz:
USU78

Jjoey53
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Playing The Aggies in Logan

Post by Jjoey53 » March 26th, 2019, 10:41 pm

Get over the apology, it was 8 years ago and anyone who had anything to do with it is gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
These users liked this post from Jjoey53:
IdaAg93

JSHarvey
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by JSHarvey » March 27th, 2019, 9:15 am

The scheduling though is an issue. For any BYU sport we should tell them home and home or nothing.
These users liked this post from JSHarvey. Total Likes: 3
ViAggieUSU78donlarson8

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

ViAggie
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by ViAggie » March 27th, 2019, 9:48 am

JSHarvey wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 9:15 am
The scheduling though is an issue. For any BYU sport we should tell them home and home or nothing.
Agreed, we don't need play ybu. We should insist on home/away from here on out or nothing. No SLC nonsense, never.
These users liked this post from ViAggie. Total Likes: 3
USU78Aggie_in_IdahoIdaAg93

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggie in Boise
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Aggie in Boise » March 27th, 2019, 10:36 am

ViAggie wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 9:48 am
JSHarvey wrote:
Agreed, we don't need play ybu. We should insist on home/away from here on out or nothing. No SLC nonsense, never.
I think that we should go with a home/home/away arrangement (2 consecutive years in Logan followed by 1 year in Provo) in both basketball and football. The only time we should play them at Vivint is if they choose to forgo the game in Provo every 3rd year. If they don't agree to this arrangement we kick them to the curb, like they did Bat Boy, and move on.

dyedblue
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by dyedblue » March 27th, 2019, 10:39 am

ViAggie wrote:
JSHarvey wrote:
This.

Would we ever play San Francisco, Loyola Maramount or any other high school gym team in Salt Lake? Then why play BYU there?

We need a double header with BYU vs Arizona State followed by Utah State vs. Arizona or an Oklahoma type matchup.

We truly don't need BYU like we used to need them. Even or no deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Jjoey53
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Jjoey53 » March 27th, 2019, 12:38 pm

Agree on BYU, Does anyone know if Houston is returning the favor next season?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GUS
Been liked: 20 times

Post by GUS » March 27th, 2019, 2:20 pm

Houston was a one time arrangement.

utaggies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by utaggies » March 27th, 2019, 3:41 pm

Since Rose’s tenure at BYU the Aggies have gone 3-10 against BYU including 3-2 in the Spectrum, 0-4 in the MC and 0-4 at a nuetral site. In 2007-08 no game was played. Trout is correct in saying we only played 5 games during Rose’s career in Logan — but that is one more game over that span than we played in Provo.

The fact of the matter is that we have either not been as good as BYU over those 13 games or we’ve simply played badly — maybe a little of both. I’d rather not play BYU in SLC because it is essentially a home game for the Cougars. But our record is only 3-6 playing them home and home.

Stew never won in Provo while at USU and was only 6-9 overall against BYU with 8 of those games being in Logan, 5 in Provo and 2 in SLC. Stew benefitted from us playing more games in Provo due to BYU owing us for backing out of a football game. Eustacy was our coach when we last won in Provo in 1997.

NVAggie
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 190 times

Post by NVAggie » March 27th, 2019, 4:08 pm

That is not true. Look at 12/18/2004

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 27th, 2019, 4:31 pm

utaggies wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 3:41 pm
Since Rose’s tenure at BYU the Aggies have gone 3-10 against BYU including 3-2 in the Spectrum, 0-4 in the MC and 0-4 at a nuetral site. In 2007-08 no game was played. Trout is correct in saying we only played 5 games during Rose’s career in Logan — but that is one more game over that span than we played in Provo.

The fact of the matter is that we have either not been as good as BYU over those 13 games or we’ve simply played badly — maybe a little of both. I’d rather not play BYU in SLC because it is essentially a home game for the Cougars. But our record is only 3-6 playing them home and home.

Stew never won in Provo while at USU and was only 6-9 overall against BYU with 8 of those games being in Logan, 5 in Provo and 2 in SLC. Stew benefitted from us playing more games in Provo due to BYU owing us for backing out of a football game. Eustacy was our coach when we last won in Provo in 1997.
Eustacy actually never won in provo. Stew won the one time during Clevelands last year. Im not a fan of the slc games and it is weird they have existed since we have played more games in logan than provo. True scorn for scheduling should be directed at utah. Chris Hill was horrible for the basketball series. Hopefully that will change now that he is gone.

NVAggie
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 190 times

Post by NVAggie » March 27th, 2019, 4:41 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 4:31 pm
utaggies wrote:

Eustacy actually never won in provo. Stew won the one time during Clevelands last year. Im not a fan of the slc games and it is weird they have existed since we have played more games in logan than provo. True scorn for scheduling should be directed at utah. Chris Hill was horrible for the basketball series. Hopefully that will change now that he is gone.
Oops, I hadn't connected that the 2004 win was the last year of Cleveland.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » March 27th, 2019, 4:58 pm

NVAggie wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 4:08 pm
That is not true. Look at 12/18/2004
You are correct. I assumed we were only playing BYU once per year and I stopped after the Dec. 1 game and overlooked the Dec. 18 game in Provo. Thanks.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » March 27th, 2019, 5:02 pm

utaggies wrote:

Eustacy’s last year at USU was 1997-98. USU beat BYU in Provo 72-69 on Nov. 29, 1997.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 27th, 2019, 7:15 pm

utaggies wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 5:02 pm
utaggies wrote:

Eustacy’s last year at USU was 1997-98. USU beat BYU in Provo 72-69 on Nov. 29, 1997.
That game was in logan.

oleblu111
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by oleblu111 » March 27th, 2019, 7:35 pm

We all think we do not need them, and they are hard to deal with, but they sell out the stadium, and arena when they come to town, plus there is more talk about them than any other team we play.
These users liked this post from oleblu111:
IdaAg93

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » March 27th, 2019, 9:45 pm

oleblu111 wrote:We all think we do not need them, and they are hard to deal with, but they sell out the stadium, and arena when they come to town, plus there is more talk about them than any other team we play.
And what about that makes us need them on uneven terms? That's the point.

Will it hurt is to have attendance of 8,200 versus 9,500 for one game?

That's not worth having one every three years. That's like $10,000 per year.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

slcagg
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by slcagg » March 27th, 2019, 10:03 pm

dyedblue wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 10:39 am
ViAggie wrote:
JSHarvey wrote:
This.

Would we ever play San Francisco, Loyola Maramount or any other high school gym team in Salt Lake? Then why play BYU there?

We need a double header with BYU vs Arizona State followed by Utah State vs. Arizona or an Oklahoma type matchup.

We truly don't need BYU like we used to need them. Even or no deal.

BYU and usu aren’t getting a neutral court game with the Arizona schools in Salt lake or even in a Phoenix location. Same with Oklahoma. Those are reserved for p5 vs p5.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » March 27th, 2019, 10:08 pm

Then we don't play in SLC. Simple as that.

BYU has landed several of those games in recent years. If we can't get them, then let's do Gonzaga and Nevada or SDSU.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic