Women's basketball

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
QuackAttackAggie
2015 & 2017 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 242 times

Women's basketball

Post by QuackAttackAggie » March 27th, 2019, 6:04 am

They were up one going into the fourth quarter. They got outscored 6 to 9. Yes. 6 points in a quarter.

4/9 from ft. Out rebounded 38-26. All in front of 506 rabid mean green fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oleblu111
Has liked: 269 times
Been liked: 107 times

Re: Women's basketball

Post by oleblu111 » March 27th, 2019, 9:25 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 6:04 am
They were up one going into the fourth quarter. They got outscored 6 to 9. Yes. 6 points in a quarter.

Women's basketball can do much better if they hire a good coach that does not pick his son as a top assistant. Win some games they could draw like Women's basketball at Wyoming does

NVAggie
Has liked: 386 times
Been liked: 311 times

Post by NVAggie » March 27th, 2019, 9:31 am

They did have some tournament wins though...

ShowMeAggie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by ShowMeAggie » March 27th, 2019, 10:04 am

oleblu111 wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 9:25 am
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

Women's basketball can do much better if they hire a good coach that does not pick his son as a top assistant. Win some games they could draw like Women's basketball at Wyoming does
:crazy: such a tired and lazy argument. By your logic, Gary Andersen shouldn't have hired Keegan? I guess Homer Drew didn't know anything about winning basketball when he hired his son as a top assistant and heir to his head coaching position at Valpo? Charlie/Jay Spoonhour together at UNLV. Rick/Richard Pitino didn't have trouble winning games while together at Louisville (though they were cheating to do so?). If he's the right person for the job, why not hire them? It's not as uncommon as you'd think. And I see absolutely nothing wrong with it, unless he's "wasting" the position on someone who is not qualified. That's simply not the case here.

oleblu111
Has liked: 269 times
Been liked: 107 times

Post by oleblu111 » March 27th, 2019, 10:11 am

ShowMeAggie wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 10:04 am
oleblu111 wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

:crazy: such a tired and lazy argument. By your logic, Gary Andersen shouldn't have hired Keegan? I guess Homer Drew didn't know anything about winning basketball when he hired his son as a top assistant and heir to his head coaching position at Valpo? Charlie/Jay Spoonhour together at UNLV. Rick/Richard Pitino didn't have trouble winning games while together at Louisville (though they were cheating to do so?). If he's the right person for the job, why not hire them? It's not as uncommon as you'd think. And I see absolutely nothing wrong with it, unless he's "wasting" the position on someone who is not qualified. That's simply not the case here.
What if the head coach is not the right person ? You have given examples of coach's that where successful and hire sons to help, of course USU basketball is hardly doing all that well. This program has gone backward since he took over.

Pacobag
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Pacobag » March 27th, 2019, 10:51 am

oleblu111 wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 10:11 am
ShowMeAggie wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 10:04 am
oleblu111 wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

What if the head coach is not the right person ? You have given examples of coach's that where successful and hire sons to help, of course USU basketball is hardly doing all that well. This program has gone backward since he took over.
So what is the real issue?
A) Mediocre head coach
B) Hiring his son as an assistant
C) Both A & B
Last edited by Pacobag on March 27th, 2019, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShowMeAggie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by ShowMeAggie » March 27th, 2019, 11:17 am

Maybe not as different as you think?
rp usu.png
jf usu.png
More total losses recently, yes. But JF has averaged more total wins than RP also. JF has higher average win percentages across the board, and he has done it in a tougher conference. JF has a slightly lower average post-season conference finish. Last year was a horrible year, but Fink stopped the ship from sinking and had a nice turnaround this year, including a 5th place finish in the MWC and a post-season invite. RP had the program in great shape when she left, and we haven't returned to that form since. But the sky isn't falling on the WBB program like some of you would like to make it seem...

I.M.Noone
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Post by I.M.Noone » March 27th, 2019, 11:43 am

If Utah State wants to get serious about women's basketball then they'll make a head coaching change, and hire a female head coach.

Warning! Don't read this post. It's garbage.

LarryTheAggie
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by LarryTheAggie » March 27th, 2019, 12:07 pm

I.M.Noone wrote:
March 27th, 2019, 11:43 am
If Utah State wants to get serious about women's basketball then they'll make a head coaching change, and hire a female head coach.
Yes because all good Womens basketball teams have female head coaches. :crazy: Just ask Uconn and half of the other teams in the top 10.
These users liked this post from LarryTheAggie:
ShowMeAggie

Agalicious
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Agalicious » March 27th, 2019, 7:14 pm

He is not qualified. Have you ever seen him shoot the ball? Lol..... I bet the girls are asking themselves “how is this guy the coach”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic