Wild Bill Podcast

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AgMan21
Posts: 1168
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:01 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by AgMan21 » June 6th, 2019, 3:07 pm

elcheque2 wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 1:11 pm
AgMan21 wrote:Is the Berger one worth listening too? Do they get into any of the drama or is it just him talking about the medical stuff.
The Berger one is not worth listening to. It was only about the medical stuff. Plus Danny's dad sat in on the interview. If you listened to this as a non-Aggie fan you would have no idea that Danny even left the team.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
I don't see the point in interviewing Berger or Collette if they aren't going to get to questions that people actually want answers to.
These users liked this post from AgMan21. Total Likes: 2
jpswensenNVAggie



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4142
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by aceofspadeskb » June 6th, 2019, 3:19 pm

bpd wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 3:07 pm
I will not listen to the DC interview and am not interested in the Berger interview. If you want to get my attention interview Desmond Penigar, Bernard Rock, Shawn Daniels, Toraino Johnson, Cardell Butler, Pooh WIlliams, Gary Wilkonson, Tai Wesley, Pooh Williams etc....
Stan Albrecht would be a good one as well.
These users liked this post from aceofspadeskb:
donlarson8



bluegrouse
Posts: 2720
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 189 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by bluegrouse » June 6th, 2019, 3:37 pm

AgMan21 wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 3:07 pm
elcheque2 wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 1:11 pm
AgMan21 wrote:Is the Berger one worth listening too? Do they get into any of the drama or is it just him talking about the medical stuff.
The Berger one is not worth listening to. It was only about the medical stuff. Plus Danny's dad sat in on the interview. If you listened to this as a non-Aggie fan you would have no idea that Danny even left the team.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
I don't see the point in interviewing Berger or Collette if they aren't going to get to questions that people actually want answers to.
^^^this



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 762
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » June 6th, 2019, 4:03 pm

I hope they ask Collette why he is such a little b****.
These users liked this post from flying_scotsman2.0. Total Likes: 2
aggies22AggieArmy



trombone_ninja
Posts: 1066
Joined: November 24th, 2013, 1:59 pm
Location: Greeley, CO
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 71 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by trombone_ninja » June 6th, 2019, 6:03 pm

bigblue wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 7:29 am
jpswensen wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 9:31 pm



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If AggieLegends is already scraping this far into the bottom of the barrel, that doesn't bode well for maintaining captivating content/guests going forward.

Hopefully they put the screws to him and ask him why he was such a scumsucking bottomfeeder in the way in which he left.

Then they need to thank him for leaving because it probably accelerated the demise of Duryea and allowed us to get Smith.
I don't view it as "scraping the bottom of the barrel." Hell I'd listen to these guys even if they had a random fan on.


Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I got on twitter and offered them my services in case they ever wanted to hear from a fan who spent his time in the band instead of the front row.

THAT would be scraping the bottom of the barrel


USUFans’ resident band nerd
Providing useless “insider” info since 2013
Go Aggies!!!

User avatar
WAAggie
Posts: 2148
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Kent WA
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Wild Bill Podcast

Post by WAAggie » June 6th, 2019, 8:18 pm

I thought the comment on the Quin Taylor podcast was a little interesting that he said DC “initially” was more of a TD fan than the others. His leaving ranks him as notoriously a quitter, His bill friendship not withstanding. Surely they can get back to winners, not quitters? Who’s next Kyle Davis?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users liked this post from WAAggie:
aggies22



NVAggie
Posts: 15142
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 259 times
Been liked: 249 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by NVAggie » June 7th, 2019, 7:27 am

I concur, if we aren't going to discuss the tough stuff then there isn't much use for the episode. Maybe change the name to "My Buddy"...The Wild Bill Buddy Podcast.

These users liked this post from NVAggie:
aggies22



User avatar
bigblue
2012 Gridiron KickOff Pick'em Champion & 2016 Bowl Pick'em Champion
Posts: 1989
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by bigblue » June 7th, 2019, 7:29 am



They gave us a sneek peak

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

AggieHead
Posts: 253
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 9:07 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by AggieHead » June 7th, 2019, 1:31 pm

I've listened to two. The Brady Jardine episode is AWESOME. Absolutely loved that one. I started with the Danny Berger episode and hated it. I was hoping to find out why he really left but it never even came up. Danny couldn't remember specific games that he liked, or really specific things about anything. It was mostly about his cardiac arrest. I was thinking it would have at least one question about why he left, but they didn't go there at all which was SUPER WIERD. Even though they are friends asking "Why did you decide to leave USU?" isn't an awkward question, it should be a no brainer. Get more like Jared, and no more like Danny unless you are willing to ask relevant questions.



NVAggie
Posts: 15142
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 259 times
Been liked: 249 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by NVAggie » June 7th, 2019, 1:34 pm

If Danny Berger would have "done his job", we probably would have had more success during his time here.
These users liked this post from NVAggie:
aggies22



bucky
Posts: 47
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 8:13 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by bucky » June 11th, 2019, 9:15 pm

Sorry to ask but what did happen with berger?



User avatar
TheAKAggie
Posts: 5343
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 96 times
Contact:

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by TheAKAggie » June 11th, 2019, 11:47 pm

bucky wrote:Sorry to ask but what did happen with berger?
He didn’t die.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
WAAggie
Posts: 2148
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Kent WA
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by WAAggie » June 12th, 2019, 8:49 am

He tried, but trainer revived him on the court with an AED.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
justinmorrey
Posts: 612
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:29 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by justinmorrey » June 12th, 2019, 9:45 am

aceofspadeskb wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 3:19 pm
bpd wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 3:07 pm
I will not listen to the DC interview and am not interested in the Berger interview. If you want to get my attention interview Desmond Penigar, Bernard Rock, Shawn Daniels, Toraino Johnson, Cardell Butler, Pooh WIlliams, Gary Wilkonson, Tai Wesley, Pooh Williams etc....
Stan Albrecht would be a good one as well.
Also Pooh Williams.
These users liked this post from justinmorrey:
donlarson8



AggieFBObsession
Posts: 603
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by AggieFBObsession » June 12th, 2019, 9:54 am

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 4:03 pm
I hope they ask Collette why he is such a little b****.
You guys are brutal. Good grief. Show a little class at least.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6681
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1106 times
Been liked: 550 times
Contact:

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by aggies22 » June 12th, 2019, 10:24 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 9:54 am
flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 4:03 pm
I hope they ask Collette why he is such a little b****.
You guys are brutal. Good grief. Show a little class at least.
Oh c'mon! I know you have a sense of humor! Would it have been classier if he would have left out calling him "little"? :)



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 14869
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 221 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » June 12th, 2019, 10:57 am

I second the call for Pooh Williams, would also like to hear from Emmet White, Kevin Curtis, Gary Anderson, Michael Smith, Jake Doughty, Spencer Nelson, Nate Harris, Jaycee, Gary Wilkinson, Brian Green, Troy Rolle, and Tai Wesley.
These users liked this post from hipsterdoofus21:
donlarson8



User avatar
crazywookie
Posts: 1388
Joined: August 3rd, 2011, 10:14 pm
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by crazywookie » June 12th, 2019, 11:30 am

I listened to the Collette episode. I was curious and it was interesting to hear his perspective. I can respect why he did what he did. It was too bad it took him that long to decide, but after hearing his side I can see why it happened the way it eventually did.


"Cover me porkins I'm going in..."

"I'm right with you Red 3..."

User avatar
tetonaggie
Posts: 698
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:46 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by tetonaggie » June 12th, 2019, 1:10 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:I second the call for Pooh Williams, would also like to hear from Emmet White, Kevin Curtis, Gary Anderson, Michael Smith, Jake Doughty, Spencer Nelson, Nate Harris, Jaycee, Gary Wilkinson, Brian Green, Troy Rolle, and Tai Wesley.
This is a great list! We must be from a similar time period. My top of this list would be Emmet White, Kevin Curtis, Jaycee Carroll, Tai Wesley. And I would add Chris Cooley.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


"I never Lose. I either Win or Learn." - Nelson Mandela

User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2393
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by GUS » June 12th, 2019, 1:12 pm

I didn't buy his excuse for the timing. He stiffed his team mates and he couldn't understand the University not giving him a full release after he just used a scholly for the season. He seemed dense on that issue.



User avatar
tetonaggie
Posts: 698
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:46 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by tetonaggie » June 12th, 2019, 1:40 pm

GUS wrote:I didn't buy his excuse for the timing. He stiffed his team mates and he couldn't understand the University not giving him a full release after he just used a scholly for the season. He seemed dense on that issue.
I’m not defending Collette, but I’m the interest of fairness, what I heard is that he didn’t expect a full release at all but was taking a “shot in the dark” hoping he’d get lucky and that’s why he kept the pressure on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


"I never Lose. I either Win or Learn." - Nelson Mandela

NVAggie
Posts: 15142
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 259 times
Been liked: 249 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by NVAggie » June 12th, 2019, 2:15 pm

GUS wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 1:12 pm
I didn't buy his excuse for the timing. He stiffed his team mates and he couldn't understand the University not giving him a full release after he just used a scholly for the season. He seemed dense on that issue.
You did see Collette play, right? Dude wasn't very smart at times.

After listening to this episode, I'm upset that I can't continue hating this guy at the same magnitude that I have.
These users liked this post from NVAggie:
Madmartigan



Madmartigan
Posts: 2556
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by Madmartigan » June 12th, 2019, 2:46 pm

NVAggie wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 2:15 pm
GUS wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 1:12 pm
I didn't buy his excuse for the timing. He stiffed his team mates and he couldn't understand the University not giving him a full release after he just used a scholly for the season. He seemed dense on that issue.
You did see Collette play, right? Dude wasn't very smart at times.

After listening to this episode, I'm upset that I can't continue hating this guy at the same magnitude that I have.
I found myself understanding his reasoning and plight completely. I think a lot of this new found "understanding" is owed to the fact that we got Craig Smith and just won a MW title. If we would've sucked this last year, I think many of us would be more angry still. I also respect how honest he was about the whole process in the interview.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7086
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by dyedblue » June 12th, 2019, 2:49 pm

Yeah, he's had a few years to mature. I didn't like how he left and he lied about just everything when he left. I don't really care what he has to say now. Maybe he can write a book or something.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

bucky
Posts: 47
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 8:13 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by bucky » June 13th, 2019, 6:30 am

What happened with berger and why he left



NVAggie
Posts: 15142
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 259 times
Been liked: 249 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by NVAggie » June 13th, 2019, 7:45 am

The world may never know.



Madmartigan
Posts: 2556
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by Madmartigan » June 13th, 2019, 10:55 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 9:54 am
flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 4:03 pm
I hope they ask Collette why he is such a little b****.
You guys are brutal. Good grief. Show a little class at least.
We are Aggies. We have a classless title granted by the regulators of class and reputation to maintain.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic