Who are you playing OOC this season?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
nvspuds
Posts: 612
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 111 times

Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by nvspuds » May 21st, 2019, 3:10 pm

I know you have a good tournament but do you have other good resume builders scheduled ?

Since you will have a really good team you can play up a bit to get a good seed.

So far the Pack has..

Home: USC, Utah, Santa Clara

Road: Davidson, BYU

Neutral: St. Mary's (Chase Center), Fordham (Paradise Jam), Valparaiso or Grand Canyon (Paradise Jam), one more TBD (Paradise Jam)

Nevada has almost an entirely new roster, which isn't complete yet, so I have no idea how strong the team will be, but this is a pretty solid schedule to work with..



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1010
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 285 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by ThunderAggie » May 21st, 2019, 3:12 pm

nvspuds wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 3:10 pm
I know you have a good tournament but do you have other good resume builders scheduled ?

Since you will have a really good team you can play up a bit to get a good seed.

So far the Pack has..

Home: USC, Utah, Santa Clara

Road: Davidson, BYU

Neutral: St. Mary's (Chase Center), Fordham (Paradise Jam), Valparaiso or Grand Canyon (Paradise Jam), one more TBD (Paradise Jam)

Nevada has almost an entirely new roster, which isn't complete yet, so I have no idea how strong the team will be, but this is a pretty solid schedule to work with..
I wish Utah or USC would want to play in Logan... :cry:



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14866
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 243 times
Been thanked: 473 times
Contact:

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by treesap32 » May 21st, 2019, 3:20 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 3:12 pm
nvspuds wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 3:10 pm
I know you have a good tournament but do you have other good resume builders scheduled ?

Since you will have a really good team you can play up a bit to get a good seed.

So far the Pack has..

Home: USC, Utah, Santa Clara

Road: Davidson, BYU

Neutral: St. Mary's (Chase Center), Fordham (Paradise Jam), Valparaiso or Grand Canyon (Paradise Jam), one more TBD (Paradise Jam)

Nevada has almost an entirely new roster, which isn't complete yet, so I have no idea how strong the team will be, but this is a pretty solid schedule to work with..
I wish Utah or USC would want to play in Logan... :cry:
Ironically, USC has played us in Logan more recently than Utah. The Runnin' Utes are still Runnin' Scared.
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post:
USU78



nvspuds
Posts: 612
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by nvspuds » May 21st, 2019, 3:26 pm

Nevada played at USC and Utah last year to get these home games..



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14866
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 243 times
Been thanked: 473 times
Contact:

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by treesap32 » May 21st, 2019, 3:31 pm

Yes, the Utes will play Nevada, Cal State Fullerton, Idaho State, etc... but they won't schedule the Aggies. Utah refuses to play Utah State in a home and home arrangement anymore. They haven't played us since they joined the Pac-12. Immediately preceding that Utah State was 21-0 at home against in-state foes over a decade of play (dominance).

https://www.usustats.com/blog/2011/06/2 ... in-scared/
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post:
oleblu111



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14866
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 243 times
Been thanked: 473 times
Contact:

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by treesap32 » May 21st, 2019, 3:36 pm

Out of Conference Play this coming year:

vs. BYU in the Beehive Classic (SLC)
vs. Weber State

Jamaica Classic Headliners (will play 2 of the following in Jamaica):
LSU
Rhode Island
North Texas

Jamaica Classic Sacrificial Lambs (will play 2 of the following at home):
North Carolina A&T
TBA
TBA
TBA

So we have 6 games that we know... We'll have about 7 games still TBA. Normally we know more about our opponents by now, but our recent home and homes all ended last year besides the in-state teams that still play us.



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 907
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 385 times
Been thanked: 167 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » May 21st, 2019, 3:41 pm

nvspuds wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 3:26 pm
Nevada played at USC and Utah last year to get these home games..
I'm certain USU would be willing to play an H/H with either of them. I get why USC wouldn't want an H/H with USU, but Utah is **** and just wants to solidify its claim as the top athletic department in the state by avoiding other in-state schools and claim superiority via conference affiliation.



Aggie in Boise
Posts: 298
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 140 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by Aggie in Boise » May 21st, 2019, 3:43 pm

Utah has not won in the Spectrum since 1996.



FormerlyVegasAggie71
Posts: 213
Joined: April 16th, 2018, 10:05 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by FormerlyVegasAggie71 » May 21st, 2019, 3:44 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 3:41 pm
nvspuds wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 3:26 pm
Nevada played at USC and Utah last year to get these home games..
I'm certain USU would be willing to play an H/H with either of them. I get why USC wouldn't want an H/H with USU, but Utah is **** and just wants to solidify its claim as the top athletic department in the state by avoiding other in-state schools and claim superiority via conference affiliation.
The home USC basketball was negotiated as part of a football deal. We agreed to a game at USC in football and basketball and received a home game against USC in basketball. Wish we would try and do this with more of our money football games (guessing this is easier said than done, but hopefully we are at least trying).
These users thanked the author FormerlyVegasAggie71 for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1010
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 285 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by ThunderAggie » May 21st, 2019, 3:47 pm

FormerlyVegasAggie71 wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 3:44 pm
flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 3:41 pm
nvspuds wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 3:26 pm
Nevada played at USC and Utah last year to get these home games..
I'm certain USU would be willing to play an H/H with either of them. I get why USC wouldn't want an H/H with USU, but Utah is **** and just wants to solidify its claim as the top athletic department in the state by avoiding other in-state schools and claim superiority via conference affiliation.
The home USC basketball was negotiated as part of a football deal. We agreed to a game at USC in football and basketball and received a home game against USC in basketball. Wish we would try and do this with more of our money football games (guessing this is easier said than done, but hopefully we are at least trying).
We should have done this for Wake Forest this year if it would have been possible.



nvspuds
Posts: 612
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by nvspuds » May 21st, 2019, 3:50 pm

I think there are gettable home and home games USU could schedule.

This season you will likely enter the year in the top 25. That makes you an attractive opponent.

Colorado, Oregon State, Wazzu..They may be willing to come to Logan if you got their place first.

Grand Canyon will play anybody anywhere.

Look to the MVC, the AAC



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 907
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 385 times
Been thanked: 167 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » May 21st, 2019, 3:56 pm

nvspuds wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 3:50 pm
I think there are gettable home and home games USU could schedule.

This season you will likely enter the year in the top 25. That makes you an attractive opponent.

Colorado, Oregon State, Wazzu..They may be willing to come to Logan if you got their place first.

Grand Canyon will play anybody anywhere.

Look to the MVC, the AAC
Last year we played in Houston. I think it was just the one game tho. We should be able to get a home and home with most the AAC, and I think that would be a good option. We are all hoping for some H/H games with bottom tier PAC12/other P5 teams.



Aggiesbleedblue
Posts: 202
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 10:32 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by Aggiesbleedblue » May 21st, 2019, 4:06 pm

Montana State in Logan for the season opener I’ve heard



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14866
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 243 times
Been thanked: 473 times
Contact:

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by treesap32 » May 21st, 2019, 4:23 pm

Aggiesbleedblue wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 4:06 pm
Montana State in Logan for the season opener I’ve heard
Interesting. Must have either been a 2-for-1 in our favor, or a 2-for-2 home and home arrangement. They played in the Spectrum in 2017-18 and we played at their place last season.



Imakeitrain
Posts: 5558
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Location: Vienna, VA
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 238 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by Imakeitrain » May 21st, 2019, 4:31 pm

That burn was good. I’d use a fire hydrant buuuut....


"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

SLB
Posts: 1166
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by SLB » May 21st, 2019, 5:02 pm

Aggiesbleedblue wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 4:06 pm
Montana State in Logan for the season opener I’ve heard
This would be good for the new players.



SLB
Posts: 1166
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by SLB » May 21st, 2019, 5:08 pm

I hope that we get some northwest team like Oregon State, Gonzaga, Washington, or Oregon.

We could use a couple games against ACC, Big 10, and/or Big 12 teams.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1010
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 285 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by ThunderAggie » May 21st, 2019, 5:12 pm

SLB wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 5:08 pm
I hope that we get some northwest team like Oregon State, Gonzaga, Washington, or Oregon.

We could use a couple games against ACC, Big 10, and/or Big 12 teams.
Although it is very good to be ranked and make the tournament the year before, it may "scare" some P5 teams (Mainly the strong programs). Even though they would probably beat us, they would rather play G5 teams as cupcake games. Hopefully, some of them want to play us, kowing we could be a Q1/Q2 win....or loss!



SLB
Posts: 1166
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by SLB » May 21st, 2019, 5:21 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 5:12 pm
SLB wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 5:08 pm
I hope that we get some northwest team like Oregon State, Gonzaga, Washington, or Oregon.

We could use a couple games against ACC, Big 10, and/or Big 12 teams.
Although it is very good to be ranked and make the tournament the year before, it may "scare" some P5 teams (Mainly the strong programs). Even though they would probably beat us, they would rather play G5 teams as cupcake games. Hopefully, some of them want to play us, kowing we could be a Q1/Q2 win....or loss!
To be honest, I don't fear any team because I feel we have a great team.



oleblu111
Posts: 1420
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by oleblu111 » May 21st, 2019, 5:23 pm

USU is a tough school for a P5 school to schedule. we are tough to beat in the Old Spectrum. Some school would have trouble with the altitude, students are a really part of the atmosphere. I would hope we could schedule up some, but it will not be easy.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1566
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 395 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by Aggie84025 » May 21st, 2019, 5:35 pm

There is really no logic behind Utah being unwilling to schedule USU. Basketball is so much different than football. There are ~13 OOC games per year. That game would draw huge at USU and I think the U fan base would be interested. It is cheap travel for both teams. Seems obvious to me.



nvspuds
Posts: 612
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by nvspuds » May 21st, 2019, 6:28 pm

I really think you have to schedule tough road games first. That is where you build a rep..Then those one offs start turning into home and home series. You have a shiny Cadillac this season, you really need to take the show out on the road..



donlarson8
Posts: 1637
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 6:04 pm
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Has thanked: 637 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by donlarson8 » May 21st, 2019, 7:10 pm

I’ve heard we are working on something in Arizona. I thought it would have been announced by now. That’s all I know....


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author donlarson8 for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1010
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 285 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by ThunderAggie » May 21st, 2019, 7:13 pm

donlarson8 wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 7:10 pm
I’ve heard we are working on something in Arizona. I thought it would have been announced by now. That’s all I know....


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Calling it....its Grand Canyon ;)
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22slcagg



nswaggie
Posts: 405
Joined: April 4th, 2012, 5:36 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by nswaggie » May 22nd, 2019, 8:29 am

ThunderAggie wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 7:13 pm
donlarson8 wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 7:10 pm
I’ve heard we are working on something in Arizona. I thought it would have been announced by now. That’s all I know....


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Calling it....its Grand Canyon ;)
Hopefully ASU enjoyed having us on their resume so much last year that they are willing to sign a home and home with us.
These users thanked the author nswaggie for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15409
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 245 times
Been thanked: 674 times

Re: Who are you playing OOC this season?

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » May 23rd, 2019, 12:04 am

nswaggie wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 8:29 am
ThunderAggie wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 7:13 pm
donlarson8 wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 7:10 pm
I’ve heard we are working on something in Arizona. I thought it would have been announced by now. That’s all I know....


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Calling it....its Grand Canyon ;)
Hopefully ASU enjoyed having us on their resume so much last year that they are willing to sign a home and home with us.
Since they like to pay handsomely to get what they want maybe we could get a little something something under the table.



Locked Previous topicNext topic