watching replays

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SectionBAggie

watching replays

Post by SectionBAggie » July 9th, 2019, 10:18 pm

I have several of the February and March games recorded and since it's the Dog Days of Summer, I have re-watched all or parts of them. And although I know there are those who want to write off last season as a failure due to the Washington game, I am amazed at what the future would hold even if we didn't have a single new recruit.

We lost a solid big man in Taylor. And a decent bench player in Brown.

But what a team we will see coming back.

Over the 10-game win streak to finish the season and the tournament, the team won by an average of almost 12 points.
This included wins over UN(h), FSU(neutral), SDSU(2), UNM(2), and BSU(@). Those were top echelon teams in the conference.

Take a few minutes and watch some of the games or highlights.

For example, USU beat SDSU by 16 - first ever win over the Aztecs. In a game where Queta played 16 minutes. There will be few games where he is limited to that total.

The win over UNM in Vegas included giving up 24 TOs in an 8-point win. How does that happen? Previous Aggie teams that gave up 24 TOs (and there have been some) would be blown out in most cases.

Of the returning players, I submit that every single one was playing better in March than in November. If they play in November as well as they did last March it will be a very good season. But if, as I expect, those players improve it could be spectacular.

Add in a bunch of new recruits to take the place of Taylor andBrown's minutes (as well as fill in elsewhere) and it looks like a season for the ages.

Once Stew Morrill led a team to 28 wins and it was magical. Especially when he did it again the next year.

Craig Smith leads a team to 28 wins and I am still enjoying the magic. Thanks to recording technology.

ChicAggie

Re: watching replays

Post by ChicAggie » July 10th, 2019, 9:13 am

SectionBAggie wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 10:18 pm
I know there are those who want to write off last season as a failure due to the Washington game
Great post, but you almost lost me at the beginning with this nugget. Pretty sure there is not a single Aggie fan "who want[s] to write off last season as a failure." Even the most disappointed of all Aggie fans would rate last season as an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. (I would rate it a 10 given my modest expectations entering the season.)

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » July 10th, 2019, 9:18 am

I'm hoping you guys don't write off next season as a failure. For as much promise and potential as we have, we ONLY lost 7 games last year!! That's going to be really hard to beat.

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » July 10th, 2019, 9:36 am

Have you completed the ooc schedule yet?

ususports

Post by ususports » July 10th, 2019, 12:59 pm

nvspuds wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 9:36 am
No, I’m still working on it.

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » July 11th, 2019, 5:34 pm

ususports wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 12:59 pm
nvspuds wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 9:36 am
No, I’m still working on it.
Well, we are waiting!

Locked Previous topicNext topic