Queta

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Queta

Post by TheAKAggie » September 22nd, 2019, 6:11 pm

I didn’t take picture because I’m not a weirdo like some of you, but I got an up close look at Queta’s knee brace today.Image Looks about right, and he was wearing a sleeve underneath it. Pretty sure it’s the same one.

https://www.djoglobal.com/products/donj ... knee-brace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

SeattleAg

Re: Queta

Post by SeattleAg » September 22nd, 2019, 6:39 pm

I can vouch for AKAggie - he's not a weirdo.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » September 22nd, 2019, 7:51 pm

How did you see it from Alaska? Fake news

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » September 22nd, 2019, 8:13 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:How did you see it from Alaska? Fake news

Haha, I haven’t lived in Alaska for 4+ years.

Hail Aggies!

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » September 22nd, 2019, 8:33 pm

So... not looking good?

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » September 22nd, 2019, 8:50 pm

Blitz79 wrote:So... not looking good?
Exactly.

Hail Aggies!

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 22nd, 2019, 11:59 pm

I tore my acl. I never wore a brace after. I think a brace helps some people feel safe, and that's okay. But I don't think a brace tells much about what's going on physically with the joint in all cases. In other words, I wouldn't read to much into it.
Spencer Nelson wore a brace pretty much always and I'd bet that by the time he started playing again, his knee was fine.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 23rd, 2019, 7:02 am

That looks like a Spiderman Brace. He should be good then.

jwaggie

Post by jwaggie » September 23rd, 2019, 12:01 pm

My daughter wore a similar brace. Here knee cap was moving around and she had to wear it to stabilize it.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » September 24th, 2019, 10:15 am

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

troutputz
RIP

Post by troutputz » September 24th, 2019, 10:50 am

It needs to be Aggie blue instead of Ewete red!

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 24th, 2019, 11:10 am

I’m just really confused about this. If it’s not ACL, etc., why is this potentially season-ending? I’m not getting this at all.

Also, eff FIBA. What a waste of time.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » September 24th, 2019, 11:34 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 11:10 am
I’m just really confused about this. If it’s not ACL, etc., why is this potentially season-ending? I’m not getting this at all.

Has someone officially said this is potentially season-ending?

Agreed re FIBA. What could have been one of the greatest seasons in Aggie basketball history will be awfully tough to pull off without a healthy Queta.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 24th, 2019, 11:58 am

Let me be sure I'm clear:
Playing basketball and representing one's country and gaining experience/risking injury and is a waste of time?
Playing basketball and representing a school in a foreign country and gaining experience/risking injury is a great use time?
Playing basketball for pay in a league not named NBA and gaining experience/risking injury is stupid?

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 24th, 2019, 1:13 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 11:34 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 11:10 am

Has someone officially said this is potentially season-ending?

Agreed re FIBA. What could have been one of the greatest seasons in Aggie basketball history will be awfully tough to pull off without a healthy Queta.
I thought Smith said something like anything was on the table in an interview over the last few months. Could be wrong.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 24th, 2019, 1:19 pm

brownjeans wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 11:58 am
Playing basketball and representing one's country and gaining experience/risking injury and is a waste of time?
Playing basketball and representing a school in a foreign country and gaining experience/risking injury is a great use time?
Playing basketball for pay in a league not named NBA and gaining experience/risking injury is stupid?
It’s partially me being a selfish Aggie fan, but I also just don’t think it was the best thing for Queta to be playing for Portugal over the summer. The lower-level FIBA competition he was competing in does not provide nearly the same level of exposure or quality opponents that Queta gets playing at the D1 level in the NCAA. It was not worth the risk of injury and potentially losing out on a year of D1 basketball (which will do a lot more to improve his professional prospects).

bpd

Post by bpd » September 24th, 2019, 1:26 pm

People are hitting the panic button. Dude hurts his knee, probably knee cap, comes back and wears a brace. What would you expect him to do? Having nothing on it.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 24th, 2019, 2:37 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 1:19 pm
brownjeans wrote:
It’s partially me being a selfish Aggie fan, but I also just don’t think it was the best thing for Queta to be playing for Portugal over the summer. The lower-level FIBA competition he was competing in does not provide nearly the same level of exposure or quality opponents that Queta gets playing at the D1 level in the NCAA. It was not worth the risk of injury and potentially losing out on a year of D1 basketball (which will do a lot more to improve his professional prospects).
It used to be an honor to represent your country. I don't know that I'm ready criticize those who still feel that way.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 2):
Dkdavisoleblu111

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 24th, 2019, 2:43 pm

brownjeans wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 2:37 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
It used to be an honor to represent your country. I don't know that we should criticize those who still feel that way.
Not looking down my nose at him at all. I just think it was a risky career move with little upside. He obviously disagrees and that’s totally okay.

An important distinction was that he wasn’t playing for the big boy Portuguese national team, he was playing for the U20 national team.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » September 24th, 2019, 3:22 pm

bpd wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 1:26 pm
People are hitting the panic button.
Who's hitting the panic button? Seems to me everyone is simply concerned that we know virtually nothing about an injury that happened more than NINE weeks ago. If Queta is still walking around with a limp (not saying he IS, just repeating what at least one witness here stated within the past week or so) and wearing a brace with no news at all coming from the athletic department, it seems like it is reasonable to be concerned and pose questions about his status. The most we have learned is that he is wearing a brace of the type that would indicate a knee cap injury -- at least according to one poster who may or may not have any idea.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 24th, 2019, 4:03 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 2:43 pm
brownjeans wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 2:37 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
It used to be an honor to represent your country. I don't know that we should criticize those who still feel that way.
(point no. 1)Not looking down my nose at him at all. I just think it was a risky career move with little upside. He obviously disagrees and that’s totally okay.

(point no. 2)An important distinction was that he wasn’t playing for the big boy Portuguese national team, he was playing for the U20 national team.
On point no. 1 - I get it, we in the USA have sold the things we honor for money. So we can't understand why others would risk money for something like this.

On point no. 2. - An important distinction for some maybe. For those who dream of representing their country, I'd guess it's a distinction without much difference.

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » September 24th, 2019, 8:14 pm

I can think of potentially a few, but what are some of the main reasons that they would not announce the exact condition of his injury?

lcrasmus

Post by lcrasmus » September 24th, 2019, 9:24 pm

Dkdavis wrote:I can think of potentially a few, but what are some of the main reasons that they would not announce the exact condition of his injury?
Because it does nothing for them to discuss it publicly.

Why release it besides a bunch of people online saying that want to/have a right to know? Outside of hype for the season, I just don't see a specific advantage to them saying anything.

And on top of that, to play the conspiracy theorist, if we're still trying to schedule, keeping his status up in the air can only help.

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » September 24th, 2019, 9:36 pm

I'll end the controversy. I was looking at surveillance video for an unrelated theft at Aggie Terrace parking. While watching, Queta entered the stairwell on level one and exited on level 4 about 40 seconds later. No limp, brisk pace. He's fine. Mountains. Molehills. Etc.

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » September 24th, 2019, 9:37 pm

The initial report said dislocated knee cap with no ligament or meniscus damage. Seems like that’s still the case.

These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
ChicAggie

Hail Aggies!

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » September 25th, 2019, 8:44 am

Ahbye wrote:I'll end the controversy. I was looking at surveillance video for an unrelated theft at Aggie Terrace parking. While watching, Queta entered the stairwell on level one and exited on level 4 about 40 seconds later. No limp, brisk pace. He's fine. Mountains. Molehills. Etc.
Uh oh...so we have a bigger problem on our hands. Queta is a thief?Image

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » September 25th, 2019, 12:43 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
September 25th, 2019, 8:44 am
Ahbye wrote:I'll end the controversy. I was looking at surveillance video for an unrelated theft at Aggie Terrace parking. While watching, Queta entered the stairwell on level one and exited on level 4 about 40 seconds later. No limp, brisk pace. He's fine. Mountains. Molehills. Etc.

That's right. He swept in and stole our hearts.
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post (total 2):
NVAggiesam tingey

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » September 25th, 2019, 6:00 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
September 25th, 2019, 8:44 am

*Unrelated

Zaggie07

Post by Zaggie07 » September 25th, 2019, 6:10 pm

Is 40 seconds to go from level 1 to level 4 considered "brisk?" That seems Kerwynn slow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Zaggie07 for the post:
AgSpaceCase

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » September 25th, 2019, 6:33 pm

Zaggie07 wrote:
September 25th, 2019, 6:10 pm
Is 40 seconds to go from level 1 to level 4 considered "brisk?" That seems Kerwynn slow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
It means you're jogging. If he can do that, he won't be out for the season.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post:
Zaggie07

Locked Previous topicNext topic