Re: Queta

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
72AgGrad
RIP

Post by 72AgGrad » November 12th, 2019, 9:18 pm

We won handily again tonight without Queta. While I'm anxious to see him back in the lineup, I also think it wise to keep him out and make sure the knee is sound before he gets into game action. What I'm wondering is whether he is actively working out and getting into, or staying in, game condition. Anybody have any insights?

brownjeans
Flatulent

Re: Re: Queta

Post by brownjeans » November 12th, 2019, 9:23 pm

Reports are that he's been working out with the team. He usually does pre-game warm-ups and then when they come back from the locker room he's in street clothes. I don't expect him to come in and suddenly go from 0 to 28 minutes. He'll likely start with 3 to 5 minutes at a time or something.

The team's fine.

Winning Team

Post by Winning Team » November 12th, 2019, 9:27 pm

I’ve heard from a source directly related with the team that he has started to run in the five on fives in practice
These users thanked the author Winning Team for the post (total 2):
aggies22Real Life Aggie

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » November 12th, 2019, 9:30 pm

Already playing really well and whooping teams. Add in one of the top 50 college basketball players in Queta! Man, is it a great time to be an Aggie!
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22Real Life Aggie

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » November 12th, 2019, 9:34 pm

My prediction was that we would see him play a little next game. Then a little more Monday. Trying to get him in game shape and a contributor for the LSU game. We will see. Just my speculation.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » November 12th, 2019, 10:17 pm

72AgGrad wrote:We won handily again tonight without Queta. While I'm anxious to see him back in the lineup, I also think it wise to keep him out and make sure the knee is sound before he gets into game action. What I'm wondering is whether he is actively working out and getting into, or staying in, game condition. Anybody have any insights?

Good to see you posting, hope all is well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » November 12th, 2019, 11:19 pm

Would be fun to save him for LSU or Florida so they can’t game plan as well for us

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 13th, 2019, 12:19 am

USU and coach Smith have done something I have never seen. They have started to bring in groups of boosters to watch practice from time to time. Mid practice during drills coach Smith will come over and talk to each booster. Then each assistant coach will take turns carving out four or five minutes to come over and say hello and shake everyone's hand.

At the session I was able to be at Queta was practicing. Lightly. That was last week. Coach was asked about Queta. He said they are taking it day today and going to make sure he's healthy for the season. No Rush.

Also someone asked coach Smith about staying here. His answer was something along the lines he would love to stay here for 15 years or so and then move into the athletic office. That his wife and kids love it here.

It's a very interesting approach to get more people involved in the program.
These users thanked the author MWCFAN12 for the post (total 4):
aggies22NVAggieReal Life Aggietreesap32

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 13th, 2019, 8:07 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
November 13th, 2019, 12:19 am
USU and coach Smith have done something I have never seen. They have started to bring in groups of boosters to watch practice from time to time. Mid practice during drills coach Smith will come over and talk to each booster. Then each assistant coach will take turns carving out four or five minutes to come over and say hello and shake everyone's hand.

At the session I was able to be at Queta was practicing. Lightly. That was last week. Coach was asked about Queta. He said they are taking it day today and going to make sure he's healthy for the season. No Rush.

Also someone asked coach Smith about staying here. His answer was something along the lines he would love to stay here for 15 years or so and then move into the athletic office. That his wife and kids love it here.

It's a very interesting approach to get more people involved in the program.
Coach Smith knows how to win people over and build trust/confidence in his players. He is a joy to watch.

sl7hk

Post by sl7hk » November 13th, 2019, 9:23 am

From a person close to the program they hope to have Queta for LSU but if not then for the 1st conference game. Did not sound like we would see him before that.

Locked Previous topicNext topic