Queta?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5598
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 202 times

Re: Queta?

Post by 2004AG » November 25th, 2019, 11:27 am

kofdog wrote:I think we all need to take a step back and realize this isn't just the normal "hurt player." Queta has high hopes for big NBA money and after he got hurt, I'm sure they are playing their cards as wisely as possible to keep him in the mix to still be a top 10 pick. I doubt it's the team being secretive but Queta's camp....just my thoughts, no one said anything to me....source level IMHO
But he’s got to play and play well to even think about being a top 10 pick.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2585
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 373 times

Re: Queta?

Post by YoungBloodAggie » November 25th, 2019, 11:35 am

Honestly not worried about getting Queta back until sometime during MWC play. We have already locked in a good win for our resume, and I think the committee would consider his absence if we were to falter before he comes back. Let's be primed for March!


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 13795
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: Queta?

Post by brownjeans » November 25th, 2019, 2:03 pm

2004AG wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 11:27 am
But he’s got to play and play well to even think about being a top 10 pick.
Yeah, I very much doubt Queta will be a top-10 pick. First round? Yeah I can see that. Top-10? I don't think so.
But I don't know. It seems to me that the NBA draft doesn't care how a player plays, they care about how a player forecasts to play in the future... maybe. Sometimes I think players get drafted higher if they have LESS playing time to analyze. It almost seems that when a player doesn't have a ton of time to analyze the draft speculates and inflates the potential ability, where if they had played more and people had more film the draft would see more of their weaknesses.

NBA draft is a weird deal.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
BleedAggieBlue0



User avatar
kofdog
Posts: 2221
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:07 am
Location: North Logan
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Queta?

Post by kofdog » November 25th, 2019, 2:14 pm

2004AG wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 11:27 am
kofdog wrote:I think we all need to take a step back and realize this isn't just the normal "hurt player." Queta has high hopes for big NBA money and after he got hurt, I'm sure they are playing their cards as wisely as possible to keep him in the mix to still be a top 10 pick. I doubt it's the team being secretive but Queta's camp....just my thoughts, no one said anything to me....source level IMHO
But he’s got to play and play well to even think about being a top 10 pick.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You aren't wrong, but at the same time, they are going to protect their "asset" and not risk making it worse that's for sure.
Again all me just rolling it around in my head.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5598
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 202 times

Re: Queta?

Post by 2004AG » November 25th, 2019, 2:34 pm

kofdog wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 2:14 pm
2004AG wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 11:27 am
kofdog wrote:I think we all need to take a step back and realize this isn't just the normal "hurt player." Queta has high hopes for big NBA money and after he got hurt, I'm sure they are playing their cards as wisely as possible to keep him in the mix to still be a top 10 pick. I doubt it's the team being secretive but Queta's camp....just my thoughts, no one said anything to me....source level IMHO
But he’s got to play and play well to even think about being a top 10 pick.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You aren't wrong, but at the same time, they are going to protect their "asset" and not risk making it worse that's for sure.
Again all me just rolling it around in my head.

Sure. Its a delicate balance. A balance between Queta getting playing time and showcasing his worthiness as a first round pick vs making sure he is all the way healthy. Maybe he never plays this year and comes back his JR year? :noidea: :noidea:



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1116
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Re: Queta?

Post by scotlandog » November 25th, 2019, 2:50 pm

I heard recently that physically he has been cleared to play but mentally he hasn’t been confident in pushing the knee to normal performance. He acts like it’s still hurt but physically they can’t see any evidence of it.

Source level 2nd hand from close friend of Queta. Take it for what it’s worth.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 992
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: Queta?

Post by ThunderAggie » November 25th, 2019, 4:24 pm

scotlandog wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 2:50 pm
I heard recently that physically he has been cleared to play but mentally he hasn’t been confident in pushing the knee to normal performance. He acts like it’s still hurt but physically they can’t see any evidence of it.

Source level 2nd hand from close friend of Queta. Take it for what it’s worth.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what I am afraid of! I remember a girl for the local high school basketball team in our city was really good. She tore her ACL during a season and had to sit out. She was finally able to return, but didn't quite play like she used to. She was afraid of contact, hardly jumped, and just did not even contribute. She ended up quitting basketball midway through the season and did not play organized basketball again.

I hope this doesn't happen with Queta and he becomes afraid to jump, make contact, or even run. I bet it will take him awhile to get to where was at in the summer before his injury. He just needs to not think about it and get his swagger back!



User avatar
MrBiggle
Posts: 1222
Joined: October 10th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 215 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Queta?

Post by MrBiggle » November 25th, 2019, 5:12 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 4:24 pm
scotlandog wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 2:50 pm
I heard recently that physically he has been cleared to play but mentally he hasn’t been confident in pushing the knee to normal performance. He acts like it’s still hurt but physically they can’t see any evidence of it.

Source level 2nd hand from close friend of Queta. Take it for what it’s worth.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what I am afraid of! I remember a girl for the local high school basketball team in our city was really good. She tore her ACL during a season and had to sit out. She was finally able to return, but didn't quite play like she used to. She was afraid of contact, hardly jumped, and just did not even contribute. She ended up quitting basketball midway through the season and did not play organized basketball again.

I hope this doesn't happen with Queta and he becomes afraid to jump, make contact, or even run. I bet it will take him awhile to get to where was at in the summer before his injury. He just needs to not think about it and get his swagger back!
I feel like I have seen this happen before... :headscratch:


Where only sage brush grows

Pacobag
Posts: 502
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 7:34 pm
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Queta?

Post by Pacobag » November 25th, 2019, 7:33 pm

kofdog wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 10:43 am
I think we all need to take a step back and realize this isn't just the normal "hurt player." Queta has high hopes for big NBA money and after he got hurt, I'm sure they are playing their cards as wisely as possible to keep him in the mix to still be a top 10 pick. I doubt it's the team being secretive but Queta's camp....just my thoughts, no one said anything to me....source level IMHO
I like Queta, but I don't think he'll be a top 20 pick.



IBleedAggieBlue
Posts: 131
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 8:03 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Queta?

Post by IBleedAggieBlue » November 26th, 2019, 11:50 am

If it's a mental thing, we'll have Queta for the next 3 years and he'll be a pretty good college basketball player. Kids that are afraid to play won't be in the NBA.
These users thanked the author IBleedAggieBlue for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 481
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 519 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: Queta?

Post by Real Life Aggie » November 26th, 2019, 11:59 am

Mental or not, Queta is a competitor. He'll get back in a game when someone will push him too hard or encroach on his domain. He might be tentative at first, but this is a guy that isn't going to take that crap for long. He'll push himself beyond his perceived limits and reclaim what is his.

I don't know if there's any truth to this rumor, but if there is, once he gets playing it won't stick around. He's too competitive. I'd be more concerned about him injuring it anew because of his drive to win.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
ThunderAggie



UStateTim
Posts: 119
Joined: November 26th, 2013, 7:35 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Queta?

Post by UStateTim » November 26th, 2019, 2:24 pm

https://instagram.com/stories/diogobrit ... 0cnvpvm3wh

Video of Queta doing a windmill dunk
These users thanked the author UStateTim for the post:
WAAggie



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2638
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 474 times

Re: Queta?

Post by ineptimusprime » November 27th, 2019, 6:46 pm



Here’s an updated non-update.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
NikeRunner



utaggies
Posts: 3624
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Queta?

Post by utaggies » November 27th, 2019, 7:21 pm

Smith doesn’t know when he’ll be back? A month? Six weeks? Yikes!!



User avatar
NowhereLandAggie
Posts: 2919
Joined: November 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Queta?

Post by NowhereLandAggie » November 27th, 2019, 7:54 pm

utaggies wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 7:21 pm
Smith doesn’t know when he’ll be back? A month? Six weeks? Yikes!!
That may be partially to keep opponents guessing. But I really don't have the slightest idea myself.



aggiesdotcom
Posts: 1742
Joined: January 21st, 2011, 8:56 am
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: Queta?

Post by aggiesdotcom » November 27th, 2019, 7:57 pm

I've watched him jump off the bench and give players piggy backs after put back dunks. I'm beginning to give credence to the "spring semester didn't make grades" theory and that he'll be back after finals week as strong as ever.
These users thanked the author aggiesdotcom for the post:
USU78



User avatar
UtahStizzle
Posts: 4959
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 4:16 am
Location: Northern Utah
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 29 times
Contact:

Re: Queta?

Post by UtahStizzle » November 27th, 2019, 7:58 pm

I saw him on Instagram doing windmill dunks no brace. He looks good, maybe it just hurts a little still so he's being cautious.



Twitter: UtahStizzle

NVAggie
Posts: 16181
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 628 times

Re: Queta?

Post by NVAggie » November 27th, 2019, 8:04 pm

That dunk is no longer available.



Aggie-Man
Posts: 227
Joined: December 10th, 2016, 3:45 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Queta?

Post by Aggie-Man » November 27th, 2019, 8:41 pm

So when is finals week?



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5210
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 329 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Re: Queta?

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 27th, 2019, 10:05 pm

NVAggie wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 8:04 pm
That dunk is no longer available.
Oh but it is.

These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
GreenAg



User avatar
MrBiggle
Posts: 1222
Joined: October 10th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 215 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Queta?

Post by MrBiggle » November 27th, 2019, 10:09 pm

It always drives me crazy how much valgus basketball players have during their jumps/landing


Where only sage brush grows

Bank Shot
Posts: 276
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: Queta?

Post by Bank Shot » November 27th, 2019, 10:09 pm

I still doubt that an academically ineligible player would be allowed to practice, travel with the team and even participate in pre-game warmups. Just an assumption on my part but it seems logical to me. And if this were true, why did he pull his name out of the draft, knowing that he wouldn't be playing this semester. Then..participating in FIBA, when he could have been going to summer school to get eligible.

Seems like just a reckless passing of a rumor with no grounds.
These users thanked the author Bank Shot for the post:
MrBiggle



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic