NET Rating Tracker

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14898
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 497 times
Contact:

NET Rating Tracker

Post by treesap32 » December 16th, 2019, 1:38 pm

Image is updated dynamically. Click the image for more details on USU's NCAA Touanment Resume including past and future opponents and their NET ratings.

Image
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 7):
thegreendalegelfaggies1Bank ShotsneedDwigtColoraggieaggies22



aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 979
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 2:29 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by aggies1 » December 16th, 2019, 1:58 pm

Thanks Treesap! You made it easy for me.



dogie
Posts: 3055
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by dogie » December 16th, 2019, 2:20 pm

So, the Aggies now have one quadrant 1 win (LSU) and two quadrant 2 losses (BYU and St. Mary’s). If the rankings stay the same, there are three more quad 1 games (UNM road and SDSU home/road).

Going 3-3 in these games with a good conference and overall record would put the Aggies in decent shape.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1257
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 370 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by ThunderAggie » December 16th, 2019, 2:23 pm

dogie wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 2:20 pm
So, the Aggies now have one quadrant 1 win (LSU) and two quadrant 2 losses (BYU and St. Mary’s).
I thought Q1 was the top 50, so wouldn’t BYU and St Mary’s be Q1? Or is it top 30?



dogie
Posts: 3055
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by dogie » December 16th, 2019, 2:25 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 2:23 pm
dogie wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 2:20 pm
So, the Aggies now have one quadrant 1 win (LSU) and two quadrant 2 losses (BYU and St. Mary’s).
I thought Q1 was the top 50, so wouldn’t BYU and St Mary’s be Q1? Or is it top 30?
Top 30 at home, top 50 at neutral site and top 70 on the road are Q1 games.



dogie
Posts: 3055
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by dogie » December 16th, 2019, 2:27 pm

aggies1 wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Thanks Treesap! You made it easy for me.
What is Weber State’s ranking?

I’m also pleasantly surprised to see UNT in the top 100.



User avatar
Blue42
Posts: 212
Joined: November 5th, 2018, 5:00 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by Blue42 » December 16th, 2019, 2:53 pm

dogie wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 2:25 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 2:23 pm
dogie wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 2:20 pm
So, the Aggies now have one quadrant 1 win (LSU) and two quadrant 2 losses (BYU and St. Mary’s).
I thought Q1 was the top 50, so wouldn’t BYU and St Mary’s be Q1? Or is it top 30?
Top 30 at home, top 50 at neutral site and top 70 on the road are Q1 games.
So byu and St Mary’s would both be Q1 losses then:

Neutral (top 50) against 42 byu
Road (top 70) against 64 St Mary’s


“Winning takes care of everything.”
- (pre-divorce) Tiger Woods

USUstudent13
Posts: 168
Joined: November 23rd, 2016, 4:49 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by USUstudent13 » December 16th, 2019, 3:34 pm

dogie wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 2:27 pm
aggies1 wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Thanks Treesap! You made it easy for me.
What is Weber State’s ranking?

I’m also pleasantly surprised to see UNT in the top 100.
I think UNT will turn out to be a good win for us. They lost to Oklahoma by 2 points. Wouldn’t be surprised if they finished in the top 2 of their league.



dogie
Posts: 3055
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by dogie » December 16th, 2019, 3:36 pm

Blue42 wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 2:53 pm
dogie wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 2:25 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 2:23 pm
dogie wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 2:20 pm
So, the Aggies now have one quadrant 1 win (LSU) and two quadrant 2 losses (BYU and St. Mary’s).
I thought Q1 was the top 50, so wouldn’t BYU and St Mary’s be Q1? Or is it top 30?
Top 30 at home, top 50 at neutral site and top 70 on the road are Q1 games.
So byu and St Mary’s would both be Q1 losses then:

Neutral (top 50) against 42 byu
Road (top 70) against 64 St Mary’s
Yes, my post had a typo. :shock:



SLB
Posts: 2154
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 161 times
Been thanked: 282 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by SLB » December 16th, 2019, 3:40 pm

Breakdown
So far from what I can see, our W-L in the NET rankings are the following:
Q1 - 1-2
Q2 - 1-0
Q3 - 0-0
Q4- 8-0
Upcoming games (NET rankings 12/16)
South Florida - Q3
Florida - Q2?
Eastern Oregon - non-D1 opponent
UNLV- Q3
SDSU - Q1



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14898
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 497 times
Contact:

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by treesap32 » December 16th, 2019, 6:39 pm

dogie wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 2:27 pm
aggies1 wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Thanks Treesap! You made it easy for me.
What is Weber State’s ranking?
292. I missed them. It's fixed.



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 946
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 475 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » December 16th, 2019, 8:01 pm

Actually pleasantly surprised to see 5 mountain west teams in the top 100. Unfortunately the bottom of the league sucks, but whatever. Our schedule is strong enough we could lose a few games and still likely get another at-large.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2739
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 563 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by ineptimusprime » December 16th, 2019, 8:43 pm

I’m not at all understanding LSU at 26. They have zero quality wins right now and have lost to the only two good teams they’ve played (USU and VCU).



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1154
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by scotlandog » December 16th, 2019, 10:18 pm

Interesting that all that SDSU trash talk about our horrible schedule, we have more Q1 games than they do. Unfortunately, we lost 2 of them while SDSU won both of their Q1 games.

With Queta back though and at full strength I think we go undefeated into conference play and get an early victory against SDSU. I think come March both teams will be ranked and set up for a good seed. I’m hoping New Mex can also make a good case for themselves.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12650
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 646 times
Contact:

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by ProvoAggie » December 17th, 2019, 2:19 pm

This is something that treesap and I are working on. It's not done yet but you can see our schedule breakdown with NET Quadrants and records here:
Image
https://www.bracketologists.com/team/utah-state-aggies

Outside of the team pages not a lot is complete yet.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 8):
slcaggaggies22SweepDanceusufan1freakboyBLUERUFiOaceofspadeskbZaggie07



slcagg
Posts: 3985
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by slcagg » December 17th, 2019, 2:42 pm

scotlandog wrote:
December 16th, 2019, 10:18 pm
Interesting that all that SDSU trash talk about our horrible schedule, we have more Q1 games than they do. Unfortunately, we lost 2 of them while SDSU won both of their Q1 games.

With Queta back though and at full strength I think we go undefeated into conference play and get an early victory against SDSU. I think come March both teams will be ranked and set up for a good seed. I’m hoping New Mex can also make a good case for themselves.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BYU was more a quad 2 win when they played them.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9076
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4057 times
Been thanked: 2253 times
Contact:

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by aggies22 » December 17th, 2019, 3:36 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 2:19 pm
This is something that treesap and I are working on. It's not done yet but you can see our schedule breakdown with NET Quadrants and records here:
Image
https://www.bracketologists.com/team/utah-state-aggies

Outside of the team pages not a lot is complete yet.
I think that's awesome! Well done my Aggie brothers!



User avatar
Al-O-Meter
Posts: 46
Joined: September 16th, 2019, 1:04 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by Al-O-Meter » December 18th, 2019, 9:29 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 2:19 pm
This is something that treesap and I are working on. It's not done yet but you can see our schedule breakdown with NET Quadrants and records here:
Image
https://www.bracketologists.com/team/utah-state-aggies

Outside of the team pages not a lot is complete yet.
This is awesome! I'm posting the Aztecs' image on the Aztecs' message board and will put a link back to the website. If you'd like me to give you guys personal credit or mention it is from part of the USU fanbase just let me know.



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12650
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 646 times
Contact:

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by ProvoAggie » December 18th, 2019, 10:55 am

Al-O-Meter wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 9:29 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 2:19 pm
This is something that treesap and I are working on. It's not done yet but you can see our schedule breakdown with NET Quadrants and records here:
Image
https://www.bracketologists.com/team/utah-state-aggies

Outside of the team pages not a lot is complete yet.
This is awesome! I'm posting the Aztecs' image on the Aztecs' message board and will put a link back to the website. If you'd like me to give you guys personal credit or mention it is from part of the USU fanbase just let me know.
Thanks. If you want an image that updates automatically you can use this one (It's the image that shows up if you post a link to Twitter):
https://bracketologists.com/twitimgt/sdsu.jpg



aggietime
Posts: 114
Joined: January 15th, 2011, 9:46 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by aggietime » December 18th, 2019, 11:24 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 2:19 pm
This is something that treesap and I are working on. It's not done yet but you can see our schedule breakdown with NET Quadrants and records here:
Image
https://www.bracketologists.com/team/utah-state-aggies

Outside of the team pages not a lot is complete yet.
This is a seriously impressive and useful site. Definitely bookmarking for daily reference. Well done PA and treesap! Any plans to push it out to the masses?



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14898
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 497 times
Contact:

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by treesap32 » December 18th, 2019, 12:44 pm

Yes, we'll likely be releasing it today. I actually had the idea for the site when making this post as it would have saved a lot of time from manually tracking this stuff. ProvoAggie is the web guru that whipped it together insanely quickly.



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 859
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 1004 times
Been thanked: 406 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by Real Life Aggie » December 18th, 2019, 2:07 pm

treesap32 wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 12:44 pm
Yes, we'll likely be releasing it today. I actually had the idea for the site when making this post as it would have saved a lot of time from manually tracking this stuff. ProvoAggie is the web guru that whipped it together insanely quickly.
Many years ago, an old, blind Ute (team, not tribe) once told me an excellent joke with which you might be familiar:

Q: What's the only good thing to come out of Provo?
A: The I-15

It's an excellent joke that has become one of my favorite to describe Y-holes. However, I now realize it to be inaccurate, as there are two good things to come out of Provo: the I-15, and ProvoAggie.

Nice job, you two.



User avatar
Al-O-Meter
Posts: 46
Joined: September 16th, 2019, 1:04 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by Al-O-Meter » December 18th, 2019, 2:36 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 10:55 am
Al-O-Meter wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 9:29 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 2:19 pm
This is something that treesap and I are working on. It's not done yet but you can see our schedule breakdown with NET Quadrants and records here:
Image
https://www.bracketologists.com/team/utah-state-aggies

Outside of the team pages not a lot is complete yet.
This is awesome! I'm posting the Aztecs' image on the Aztecs' message board and will put a link back to the website. If you'd like me to give you guys personal credit or mention it is from part of the USU fanbase just let me know.
Thanks. If you want an image that updates automatically you can use this one (It's the image that shows up if you post a link to Twitter):
https://bracketologists.com/twitimgt/sdsu.jpg
Great! Updated and I did give both you and treesap credit along with mentioning USU.

If you can work in the games remaining in-quadrant on the Resume Card, I vote for that. It is a great feature that gives an idea on how much ability there is to move the rank before season's end.

I also put a direct link to the auto-generated NCAA bracket but it appears to still need a bit of tweaking. For instance, in the second round you have the #1 seed versus the #2 seed which wouldn't happen until the Elite Eight.

Your site seems to be a great idea and I'm really impressed with the execution. You guys rock.



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12650
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 646 times
Contact:

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by ProvoAggie » December 18th, 2019, 2:44 pm

Al-O-Meter wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 2:36 pm
Great! Updated and I did give both you and treesap credit along with mentioning USU.

If you can work in the games remaining in-quadrant on the Resume Card, I vote for that. It is a great feature that gives an idea on how much ability there is to move the rank before season's end.

I also put a direct link to the auto-generated NCAA bracket but it appears to still need a bit of tweaking. For instance, in the second round you have the #1 seed versus the #2 seed which wouldn't happen until the Elite Eight.

Your site seems to be a great idea and I'm really impressed with the execution. You guys rock.
treesap wanted Games Remaining on the Resume Card as well. I'll look into adding it. Thanks for pointing out the bracket issue too. I originally had them ordered that way just to make sure that my seeds matched up with where they were supposed to be but forgot to re-arrange them for the bracket. It's fixed.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
Al-O-Meter



User avatar
SweepDance
Posts: 397
Joined: February 7th, 2011, 12:18 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by SweepDance » December 18th, 2019, 4:13 pm

https://bracketologists.com is my new second favorite website. Seriously. It looks great!



User avatar
freakboy
Posts: 1201
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 12:54 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by freakboy » December 18th, 2019, 9:03 pm

Nicely done, guys!



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12650
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 646 times
Contact:

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by ProvoAggie » December 18th, 2019, 9:33 pm

freakboy wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 9:03 pm
Nicely done, guys!
So when can we expect NETForecast?
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 3):
sneedsam tingeyZaggie07



User avatar
freakboy
Posts: 1201
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 12:54 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by freakboy » December 18th, 2019, 10:17 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 9:33 pm
freakboy wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 9:03 pm
Nicely done, guys!
So when can we expect NETForecast?
It is in the plans actually, but they aren’t transparent about the formula, so that makes it more challenging.



User avatar
BLUERUFiO
Posts: 2389
Joined: August 30th, 2011, 1:22 pm
Location: Smithfield
Has thanked: 481 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by BLUERUFiO » December 18th, 2019, 10:30 pm

SweepDance wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 4:13 pm
https://bracketologists.com is my new second favorite website. Seriously. It looks great!
That’s a big time website. I can see it being used nationally. Any thoughts about posting it on Reddit? (r/cbb). I’ve got a 7 year old profile on Reddit if you need someone to post it there.


GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12650
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 646 times
Contact:

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by ProvoAggie » December 18th, 2019, 10:31 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 10:30 pm
SweepDance wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 4:13 pm
https://bracketologists.com is my new second favorite website. Seriously. It looks great!
That’s a big time website. I can see it being used nationally. Any thoughts about posting it on Reddit? (r/cbb). I’ve got a 7 year old profile on Reddit if you need someone to post it there.
I want to post it on Reddit but they are pretty strict about self promotion. I've messaged the mods and haven't heard back yet. If someone else wants to post it then go for it...then it's not self promotion.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
BLUERUFiO



slcagg
Posts: 3985
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by slcagg » December 18th, 2019, 10:43 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 2:19 pm
This is something that treesap and I are working on. It's not done yet but you can see our schedule breakdown with NET Quadrants and records here:
Image
https://www.bracketologists.com/team/utah-state-aggies

Outside of the team pages not a lot is complete yet.
Wow went there tonight. I could lose track of time looking in there. Well done.



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14898
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 497 times
Contact:

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by treesap32 » December 19th, 2019, 9:39 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 2:44 pm
Al-O-Meter wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 2:36 pm
Great! Updated and I did give both you and treesap credit along with mentioning USU.

If you can work in the games remaining in-quadrant on the Resume Card, I vote for that. It is a great feature that gives an idea on how much ability there is to move the rank before season's end.

I also put a direct link to the auto-generated NCAA bracket but it appears to still need a bit of tweaking. For instance, in the second round you have the #1 seed versus the #2 seed which wouldn't happen until the Elite Eight.

Your site seems to be a great idea and I'm really impressed with the execution. You guys rock.
treesap wanted Games Remaining on the Resume Card as well. I'll look into adding it. Thanks for pointing out the bracket issue too. I originally had them ordered that way just to make sure that my seeds matched up with where they were supposed to be but forgot to re-arrange them for the bracket. It's fixed.
Image



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12650
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 646 times
Contact:

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by ProvoAggie » December 19th, 2019, 9:39 am

USU fell 4 spots to 55 today.



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14898
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 497 times
Contact:

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by treesap32 » December 19th, 2019, 9:41 am

The life of NET ratings... Win against USF on a neutral site and drop in the rankings. USF went up by losing to us.



User avatar
BLUERUFiO
Posts: 2389
Joined: August 30th, 2011, 1:22 pm
Location: Smithfield
Has thanked: 481 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: NET Rating Tracker

Post by BLUERUFiO » December 19th, 2019, 10:55 am

OK, if anyone has a reddit account: I posted it on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/new/

"Some buddies of mine created a site that beautifully shows NET rating & quadrant results for each team."
These users thanked the author BLUERUFiO for the post (total 2):
treesap32Agsman


GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic