These tough games against LSU, Florida, SMC, and BYU

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2633
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 471 times

These tough games against LSU, Florida, SMC, and BYU

Post by ineptimusprime » December 21st, 2019, 3:57 pm

Will pay dividends come tourney time. We’re not going to be blown away by anyone athletically for the first time in March like we usually are. Got that out of our system in the first half against LSU.

Going 2-2 in them is great. And we won the two I would have probably picked to win if someone told me we could only win two of them.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
BLUERUFiOflying_scotsman2.0



SLB
Posts: 1162
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: These tough games against LSU, Florida, SMC, and BYU

Post by SLB » December 21st, 2019, 4:02 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 3:57 pm
Will pay dividends come tourney time. We’re not going to be blown away by anyone athletically for the first time in March like we usually are. Got that out of our system in the first half against LSU.

Going 2-2 in them is great. And we won the two I would have probably picked to win if someone told me we could only win two of them.
Without a healthy Queta, the truth is that we would be undefeated like San Diego State if Queta was healthy for those games.



AggieFBObsession
Posts: 833
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: These tough games against LSU, Florida, SMC, and BYU

Post by AggieFBObsession » December 21st, 2019, 4:55 pm

SLB wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 4:02 pm

Without a healthy Queta, the truth is that we would be undefeated like San Diego State if Queta was healthy for those games.
I wouldn't go that far. Sam needed to play better against BYU



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1106
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 107 times

Re: These tough games against LSU, Florida, SMC, and BYU

Post by scotlandog » December 21st, 2019, 5:12 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
SLB wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 4:02 pm

Without a healthy Queta, the truth is that we would be undefeated like San Diego State if Queta was healthy for those games.
I wouldn't go that far. Sam needed to play better against BYU
Losing by 4.. I think a healthy Queta is at least worth that much. If a healthy Queta couldn’t help offset 4pts in a game then we need not worry if he’s available or not. I believe he’s worth a blocked shot and a basket to offset those 4pts easily.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0



aggiesdidwhat
Posts: 573
Joined: July 14th, 2013, 12:18 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: These tough games against LSU, Florida, SMC, and BYU

Post by aggiesdidwhat » December 21st, 2019, 5:37 pm

scotlandog wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 5:12 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
SLB wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 4:02 pm

Without a healthy Queta, the truth is that we would be undefeated like San Diego State if Queta was healthy for those games.
I wouldn't go that far. Sam needed to play better against BYU
Losing by 4.. I think a healthy Queta is at least worth that much. If a healthy Queta couldn’t help offset 4pts in a game then we need not worry if he’s available or not. I believe he’s worth a blocked shot and a basket to offset those 4pts easily.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, we probably win with our 2nd string center and Merrill not being banged up... But big Q we are undefeated I think.
These users thanked the author aggiesdidwhat for the post:
MetsJetsAggies



MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 6128
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has thanked: 203 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: These tough games against LSU, Florida, SMC, and BYU

Post by MetsJetsAggies » December 21st, 2019, 5:58 pm

Yeah I'd argue we may have won both with Kuba simply being healthy for them, let alone Queta.
These users thanked the author MetsJetsAggies for the post:
scotlandog



LoveMyAggies
Posts: 253
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: These tough games against LSU, Florida, SMC, and BYU

Post by LoveMyAggies » December 21st, 2019, 8:04 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:Will pay dividends come tourney time. We’re not going to be blown away by anyone athletically for the first time in March like we usually are. Got that out of our system in the first half against LSU.

Going 2-2 in them is great. And we won the two I would have probably picked to win if someone told me we could only win two of them.
I think some might be underestimating Sdsu by a lot


Sent from Mars using Tapatalk



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2633
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 471 times

Re: These tough games against LSU, Florida, SMC, and BYU

Post by ineptimusprime » December 21st, 2019, 8:13 pm

LoveMyAggies wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 8:04 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:Will pay dividends come tourney time. We’re not going to be blown away by anyone athletically for the first time in March like we usually are. Got that out of our system in the first half against LSU.

Going 2-2 in them is great. And we won the two I would have probably picked to win if someone told me we could only win two of them.
I think some might be underestimating Sdsu by a lot


Sent from Mars using Tapatalk
What does this have to do with SDSU?



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1106
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 107 times

Re: These tough games against LSU, Florida, SMC, and BYU

Post by scotlandog » December 21st, 2019, 9:23 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
LoveMyAggies wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 8:04 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:Will pay dividends come tourney time. We’re not going to be blown away by anyone athletically for the first time in March like we usually are. Got that out of our system in the first half against LSU.

Going 2-2 in them is great. And we won the two I would have probably picked to win if someone told me we could only win two of them.
I think some might be underestimating Sdsu by a lot


Sent from Mars using Tapatalk
What does this have to do with SDSU?
These team discussions have always been about OOC. I think everyone realizes and appreciates how good SDSU is and that a huge game is looming in January. It’s important though that we as a conference pick up wins in OOC. We’ll talk more about SDSU now that our real OOC is completed. I will say, I am disappointed that we only play NM once this year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Aggie in Boise
Posts: 295
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: These tough games against LSU, Florida, SMC, and BYU

Post by Aggie in Boise » December 22nd, 2019, 8:28 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 5:58 pm
Yeah I'd argue we may have won both with Kuba simply being healthy for them, let alone Queta.
I agree. We're undefeated with Kuba.



aggies22
Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8408
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 2895 times
Been thanked: 1622 times
Contact:

Re: These tough games against LSU, Florida, SMC, and BYU

Post by aggies22 » December 23rd, 2019, 10:40 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 4:55 pm
SLB wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 4:02 pm

Without a healthy Queta, the truth is that we would be undefeated like San Diego State if Queta was healthy for those games.
I wouldn't go that far. Sam needed to play better against BYU
Agreed. Sam Merrill having a Sam Merrill type game would have been enough.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionProvoAggie



IBleedAggieBlue
Posts: 131
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 8:03 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: These tough games against LSU, Florida, SMC, and BYU

Post by IBleedAggieBlue » December 23rd, 2019, 12:27 pm

Sam needed to show up against BYU. The four teams mentioned here are all tournament teams. Shouldn't hurt our tournament ranking. Also, if the West Coast Conference (WCC) gets 3 teams in, 2 at-large, then the Mountain West (MW) better step up and get the same. I think the only 2 teams from the MW that are tournament worthy are USU and SDSU.

Although, not overly impressed with SDSU's non-conference schedule. They did play a BYU team without Yoeli Childs. That game may be different with Childs.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic