Lack of effort

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
OKAggie

Re: Lack of effort

Post by OKAggie » January 2nd, 2020, 11:44 am

It seemed like UNLV knew what we were going to do every time down. Which makes one wonder: TJ Otzelberger coached at South Dakota State while Craig Smith coached at South Dakota. They played each other six times during the years they overlapped, and SDSU was 4-2 (they split the season series both years, but SDSU knocked out USD in the final of the Summit League tourney both years).

Does TJO have CS's number? Or just coincidence?

Nobody here knows anything.

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » January 2nd, 2020, 12:36 pm

Otz had Mike Daum at SDSU. Double-double machine who averaged 22/9 over four years there. All the P5 mid-western schools are kicking themselves for missing on him.

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » January 2nd, 2020, 1:38 pm

I like this theory a lot. Also, UNLV played hounding defense that reminded me of the Washington game last year. We just can't handle the intense defensive heat IMO.

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

Aggie84025
Has thanked: 0

Post by Aggie84025 » January 2nd, 2020, 1:42 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 1:38 pm
I like this theory a lot. Also, UNLV played hounding defense that reminded me of the Washington game last year. We just can't handle the intense defensive heat IMO.
Their defensive pressure was impressive. Hats off to UNLV, we had issues shooting, but they played really hard and deserve credit for creating a great game plan and executing it to perfection. I still expect more from the aggies, but sometimes you have to tip your cap to the other team. I do expect our team to respond from this. Not counting on a win against SDSU, but I do expect them to play a competitive game and make it close.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
treesap32

Aggie84025
Has thanked: 0

Post by Aggie84025 » January 2nd, 2020, 1:44 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 1:42 pm
BLUERUFiO wrote:
Their defensive pressure was impressive. Hats off to UNLV, we had issues shooting, but they played really hard and deserve credit for creating a great game plan and executing it to perfection. I still expect more from the aggies, but sometimes you have to tip your cap to the other team. I do expect our team to respond from this. Not counting on a win against SDSU, but I do expect them to play a competitive game and make it close.
Just like in life their are times you get it taken to you, but you just have to learn how to pick yourself up and bring it the next time. This is what I enjoy about sports is that one day you get it taken to you, but it is how you respond from that defeat that will define you.

GUS

Post by GUS » January 2nd, 2020, 2:52 pm

Both this game and the Washington game, the refs let the play get really physical. Both times USU didn't respond well to the physicality. They got to get tougher that way.
These users thanked the author GUS for the post:
USU78

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » January 2nd, 2020, 3:02 pm

GUS wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 2:52 pm
Both this game and the Washington game, the refs let the play get really physical. Both times USU didn't respond well to the physicality. They got to get tougher that way.
Yep, this has been our problem for years. If our opponent is allowed to play freely with their hands including lots of swiping and grabbing we tend to fold. Those with the ball on offense play panicked and those without the ball seem to do a lot of standing and watching of the teammate with the ball and offer no help or movement. It's like everyone becomes paralyzed by the amount of contact being allowed and instead of fighting through it and playing as a team we become more isolated as the turnovers and missed shots pile up.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » January 2nd, 2020, 5:17 pm

We flat sucked shooting. They were not overly contested shots, but as we kept missing, seems we went mental. Combine that with lazy/lackluster hustle/GATA and we got it handed to us. Just watch that chest pass looking 3 point shooter that made several. Seems the basket was just bigger for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » January 2nd, 2020, 6:00 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 1:42 pm
BLUERUFiO wrote:
Both spot on comments. I couldn’t agree more.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic