Anderson losing confidence

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 6190
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has thanked: 294 times
Been thanked: 134 times

Anderson losing confidence

Post by MetsJetsAggies » January 4th, 2020, 10:09 pm

Looks lost when he plays, hasn't made FTs past few games and lost faith in his shot, sits the entire 2H. We needed him in order to keep winning games with Sam clearly hobbled so not surprised we are 0-2 with him playing very little/not well



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5693
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by 2004AG » January 4th, 2020, 10:12 pm

I don’t know why Smith hates Anderson and is obsessed with Miller.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
AggieFBObsession



MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 6190
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has thanked: 294 times
Been thanked: 134 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by MetsJetsAggies » January 4th, 2020, 10:16 pm

2004AG wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 10:12 pm
I don’t know why Smith hates Anderson and is obsessed with Miller.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anderson doesn't work in the system as well at the 3, but he has to find a way to utilize him if Bean and Queta are gonna try to play all game



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5693
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by 2004AG » January 4th, 2020, 10:19 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 10:12 pm
I don’t know why Smith hates Anderson and is obsessed with Miller.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anderson doesn't work in the system as well at the 3, but he has to find a way to utilize him if Bean and Queta are gonna try to play all game
Miller doesn’t work in this system either though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Aggie75
Posts: 21
Joined: March 1st, 2018, 12:28 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by Aggie75 » January 4th, 2020, 10:26 pm

Anderson appear to be too slow and undersized to be effective when the rest of the team is struggling. If someone would just take off it would help everyone including Anderson. If we can't hit from the guard line to open things up the defense will continue to corral Anderson.



MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 6190
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has thanked: 294 times
Been thanked: 134 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by MetsJetsAggies » January 4th, 2020, 10:27 pm

2004AG wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 10:19 pm
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 10:12 pm
I don’t know why Smith hates Anderson and is obsessed with Miller.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anderson doesn't work in the system as well at the 3, but he has to find a way to utilize him if Bean and Queta are gonna try to play all game
Miller doesn’t work in this system either though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like it or not, him being a 3 poiint threat and running around screens is needed to open things up in the system and I'm not sure who else fits the bill besides Sam/Brito who already play tons at the 1/2. Bairstow is worth a shot but Anderson is not that player, he plays like a big.

Miller was a big reason for our success last year, him not making shots is hurting us offensively right now for sure but I don't see too many other options.
These users thanked the author MetsJetsAggies for the post:
utaggies



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5693
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by 2004AG » January 4th, 2020, 10:37 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 10:19 pm
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 10:12 pm
I don’t know why Smith hates Anderson and is obsessed with Miller.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anderson doesn't work in the system as well at the 3, but he has to find a way to utilize him if Bean and Queta are gonna try to play all game
Miller doesn’t work in this system either though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like it or not, him being a 3 poiint threat and running around screens is needed to open things up in the system and I'm not sure who else fits the bill besides Sam/Brito who already play tons at the 1/2. Bairstow is worth a shot but Anderson is not that player, he plays like a big.

Miller was a big reason for our success last year, him not making shots is hurting us offensively right now for sure but I don't see too many other options.
By not hitting any shots, he’s no threat.

Miller needs to sit on the bench. Miller can’t shoot well enough to take any pressure of Sam. Bairstow should be play ahead of him. Somebody. Anybody.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 2):
Intermeddlertysteve20



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1191
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 291 times
Been thanked: 349 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by ThunderAggie » January 4th, 2020, 10:41 pm

Just a few weeks ago Anderson was dropping 20 on LSU. We need him to start showing up and be able to actually give him playing time. If he plays good, he stays in, but he has not, so his minutes are getting limited. Smith plays who gives us the best chance at winning and Anderson is not playing like it right now.



KissMyAg
Posts: 308
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 11:31 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by KissMyAg » January 4th, 2020, 10:45 pm

2004AG wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 10:12 pm
I don’t know why Smith hates Anderson and is obsessed with Miller.
You should ask him...
Last edited by KissMyAg on January 4th, 2020, 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5693
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by 2004AG » January 4th, 2020, 10:47 pm

KissMyAg wrote:
2004AG wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 10:12 pm
I don’t know why Smith hates Anderson and is obsessed with Miller.
You should ask him...
Unfortunately I don’t have his phone number or I would.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Intermeddler
Posts: 1818
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by Intermeddler » January 4th, 2020, 10:48 pm

Anderson didn’t close out on a 3 that I think put them up 17-11 and smith lost his mind at him. Wasn’t surprised we didn’t see him much more given his reaction but was surprised he was so upset
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post:
WillCut72



JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 568
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by JFW_AGGIES » January 4th, 2020, 10:48 pm

KissMyAg wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 10:45 pm
2004AG wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 10:12 pm
I don’t know why Smith hates Anderson and is obsessed with Miller.
You should ask him...
No he doesn't he knows more than coach Smith.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5693
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by 2004AG » January 4th, 2020, 11:04 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
KissMyAg wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 10:45 pm
2004AG wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 10:12 pm
I don’t know why Smith hates Anderson and is obsessed with Miller.
You should ask him...
No he doesn't he knows more than coach Smith.
That’s correct. I don’t.

But coaches aren’t perfect and coaches can and do make mistakes. Lots of them.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15681
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 333 times
Been thanked: 865 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 4th, 2020, 11:23 pm

Unfortunately for Anderson he's a new player in a new system, at an upgrade in competition, all the while with a role that has been in constant flux the entire season due to injuries and appendices. I'd be lost a bit too. But the fact remains we need him badly with the lack of scorers on this team.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
MetsJetsAggies



User avatar
aggieguy13
Posts: 893
Joined: December 1st, 2010, 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 141 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by aggieguy13 » January 4th, 2020, 11:40 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 10:27 pm
2004AG wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 10:19 pm
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 10:12 pm
I don’t know why Smith hates Anderson and is obsessed with Miller.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anderson doesn't work in the system as well at the 3, but he has to find a way to utilize him if Bean and Queta are gonna try to play all game
Miller doesn’t work in this system either though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like it or not, him being a 3 poiint threat and running around screens is needed to open things up in the system and I'm not sure who else fits the bill besides Sam/Brito who already play tons at the 1/2. Bairstow is worth a shot but Anderson is not that player, he plays like a big.

Miller was a big reason for our success last year, him not making shots is hurting us offensively right now for sure but I don't see too many other options.
Even with his shooting struggles this year, SDSU made a concerted effort to have a guy in Miller's jersey every time he touched the ball tonight. As long as he's still drawing that kind of attention, he's providing value. Here's hoping his shot starts falling soon.
These users thanked the author aggieguy13 for the post (total 2):
MetsJetsAggiesReal Life Aggie



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5221
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 159 times
Been thanked: 354 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by Aglicious » January 5th, 2020, 12:05 am

I do find it interesting that coach lets Miller play through quite a bit of failure and yet Anderson gets 0 PT in the 2nd half after a short stint on the court in the 1st. He can't impact the game if he's not our there. He just seems to have a smaller window for error than others for some reason.

We need guys that are both good athletes and exert maximum effort. Smith seems to put a premium on the maximum effort part over having athletic talent. You even see it in the type of guy he recruits. When he was hired I made the comment that I thought he and his staff would have an eye opening experience as to the level of athlete he would need to recruit to compete for championships. Then he went off and did it year one with a group of decent players that happened to consist of one dominant feshman center that fell into their laps.

I think this staff inherited some nice pieces and have added a few good ones but we're just not getting the contribution we need from the guys that were added yet. Anderson looked like he was going to prove to be the best pickup early in the year and now he hardly plays as we move into critical conference play? It just doesn't add up.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
AggieFBObsession



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15681
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 333 times
Been thanked: 865 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 5th, 2020, 12:11 am

Aglicious wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 12:05 am
I do find it interesting that coach lets Miller play through quite a bit of failure and yet Anderson gets 0 PT in the 2nd half after a short stint on the court in the 1st. He can't impact the game if he's not our there. He just seems to have a smaller window for error than others for some reason.

We need guys that are both good athletes and exert maximum effort. Smith seems to put a premium on the maximum effort part over having athletic talent. You even see it in the type of guy he recruits. When he was hired I made the comment that I thought he and his staff would have an eye opening experience as to the level of athlete he would need to recruit to compete for championships. Then he went off and did it year one with a group of decent players that happened to consist of one dominant feshman center that fell into their laps.

I think this staff inherited some nice pieces and have added a few good ones but we're just not getting the contribution we need from the guys that were added yet. Anderson looked like he was going to prove to be the best pickup early in the year and now he hardly plays as we move into critical conference play? It just doesn't add up.
We can’t do it without Anderson. He’s critical to our success with his skill set so I agree Aglicious it makes sense to let him take his lumps and work through his slump. Smith is a great coach and even greater person. I think he feels a lot of loyalty to the returning players and that can cloud his objectivity.

What about Bischoff? Wasn’t he a good shooter in Juco?



Aggie84025
Posts: 1668
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: Anderson losing confidence

Post by Aggie84025 » January 5th, 2020, 12:37 am

I love coach Smith but i do think some players have smaller leashes than others that i dont understand. Anderson does not have confidence right now as does brito/miller. I think anderson needs some minutes. Be huge to get him back as a scoring threat. Bairstow i think needs some minutes as well. Anderson will make an impact this year I know it he will help us win some more games.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic