Sheeesh

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
mcaggie1
Posts: 2605
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 188 times

Sheeesh

Post by mcaggie1 » January 7th, 2020, 10:17 pm

Watching the AFA game, and I am not impressed. We are not the same team as last year. Can’t figure it out.



Aggie75
Posts: 21
Joined: March 1st, 2018, 12:28 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by Aggie75 » January 7th, 2020, 10:21 pm

What on earth has happened to our team. They no longer play together and they seem totally lost.



Melvatron
Posts: 6
Joined: January 4th, 2020, 8:08 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by Melvatron » January 7th, 2020, 10:25 pm

We look terrible, and will probably be playing the first day of the MW tournament.



Elkaggie
Posts: 3734
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by Elkaggie » January 7th, 2020, 10:34 pm

Up 34-22 and the wheels literally get blown off. No defense and can’t rebound. We continue to be unable to get Sam any good looks either.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5903
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by 2004AG » January 7th, 2020, 10:37 pm

Is Tim Duryea coaching this team again ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



slcagg
Posts: 3986
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by slcagg » January 7th, 2020, 10:43 pm

Duryea didn’t ever lose by 20 to Air Force.



ususports
Posts: 1336
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 289 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by ususports » January 7th, 2020, 10:44 pm

2004AG wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 10:37 pm
Is Tim Duryea coaching this team again ?
It sure looks like it. We are playing one on one, selfish ball, and taking contested shots early in the shot clock.



Winning Team
Posts: 135
Joined: February 5th, 2019, 12:59 pm
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by Winning Team » January 7th, 2020, 10:44 pm

We know how good Coach Smith is when we are winning but now we get to see how good he is when we are in a HUGE slump. It will be interesting to see how the rest of this season turns out. Looks like everyone is playing with no heart or hustle.



Aggie19
Posts: 540
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 321 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by Aggie19 » January 7th, 2020, 10:45 pm

They look like they've quit to me. Disappointing.


Go Aggies!

User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2739
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 563 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by ineptimusprime » January 7th, 2020, 10:46 pm

What in the actual hell? Getting run by a team that lost at home to Idaho State.

This team is dead. And so is my interest in it. So angry right now.
Last edited by ineptimusprime on January 7th, 2020, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1700
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 456 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by Aggie84025 » January 7th, 2020, 10:47 pm

completely embarrassing. We are getting destroyed on the rebounds on offense we can't move the ball around and get good looks. what started out as a real promising years turned into a complete disaster.

Be interesting to see what type of heart is team has the rest of the year had to try and fix things.



ususports
Posts: 1336
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 289 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by ususports » January 7th, 2020, 10:49 pm

Winning Team wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 10:44 pm
We know how good Coach Smith is when we are winning but now we get to see how good he is when we are in a HUGE slump. It will be interesting to see how the rest of this season turns out. Looks like everyone is playing with no heart or hustle.
The good thing is if we keep on losing, Smith won’t get poached from us at the end of the year. Hopefully, we can lose the rest of our conference games this season. You can never underestimate the importance of continuity.



Aggie75
Posts: 21
Joined: March 1st, 2018, 12:28 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by Aggie75 » January 7th, 2020, 10:53 pm

They quit! What an embarrassment.



brian5562
Posts: 1430
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:08 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by brian5562 » January 7th, 2020, 10:53 pm

Is The offense is still getting used to playing with Quetta? The ball doesn’t seem to be moving as well right now with him. In no way am I saying we are better without him. Just a question



Aggie84025
Posts: 1700
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 456 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by Aggie84025 » January 7th, 2020, 10:55 pm

ususports wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 10:49 pm
Winning Team wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 10:44 pm
We know how good Coach Smith is when we are winning but now we get to see how good he is when we are in a HUGE slump. It will be interesting to see how the rest of this season turns out. Looks like everyone is playing with no heart or hustle.
The good thing is if we keep on losing, Smith won’t get poached from us at the end of the year. Hopefully, we can lose the rest of our conference games this season. You can never underestimate the importance of continuity.
Trust me I wish it was the opposite situation where we were having a very successful year and we were going to lose him at the end of the year. that means that we had a super successful year vs what we're seeing right now. Quite frankly over this last week you can't be too impressed with what coach Smith is doing.



aggiesdotcom
Posts: 1766
Joined: January 21st, 2011, 8:56 am
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by aggiesdotcom » January 7th, 2020, 10:58 pm

We have not won a game since Klay Stall quit the team.



User avatar
Aggieiester
Posts: 486
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 10:11 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by Aggieiester » January 7th, 2020, 11:00 pm

Aggie75 wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 10:53 pm
They quit! What an embarrassment.
The football team's performance in CS was gritty compared to that



SpectrumMagic
Posts: 536
Joined: November 8th, 2010, 7:57 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by SpectrumMagic » January 7th, 2020, 11:01 pm

Forgot about Stall. Did he quit team? What is story there?



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1154
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by scotlandog » January 7th, 2020, 11:01 pm

brian5562 wrote:Is The offense is still getting used to playing with Quetta? The ball doesn’t seem to be moving as well right now with him. In no way am I saying we are better without him. Just a question
Well with Queta 2-hand pushing guys to the floor and getting 3 fouls in 3 minutes, he’s not been in the games very much and nothing is changing when he is out. There is no effort. No one is rebounding outside of Queta. They’ve completely quit and haven’t come back from the Christmas break yet. UNLV and Air Force are not good teams. We are just plain sucking right now. Miller finally started hitting some shots but it doesn’t matter bc everyone else has quit. We don’t even try to get the ball inside the post. We don’t make any cuts through the paint. We are exactly back to Duryeas offense of pass the ball around the perimeter and take bad shots. This is not what we have been doing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post:
Aggie75



tysteve20
Posts: 221
Joined: August 28th, 2014, 3:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by tysteve20 » January 7th, 2020, 11:03 pm

brian5562 wrote:Is The offense is still getting used to playing with Quetta? The ball doesn’t seem to be moving as well right now with him. In no way am I saying we are better without him. Just a question
I honestly think queta coming back ruined whatever chemistry we had. It changed how the whole team had to play , spacing, gameplan, etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



mcaggie1
Posts: 2605
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by mcaggie1 » January 7th, 2020, 11:05 pm

Rebounds ....USU. 29
AFA. 50

Yes, the tallest team in College basketball just got out rebounded by 21 against one of the shortest.
Maybe we should be ranked #9 in the conference again.



ususports
Posts: 1336
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 289 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by ususports » January 7th, 2020, 11:06 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 10:55 pm
ususports wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 10:49 pm
Winning Team wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 10:44 pm
We know how good Coach Smith is when we are winning but now we get to see how good he is when we are in a HUGE slump. It will be interesting to see how the rest of this season turns out. Looks like everyone is playing with no heart or hustle.
The good thing is if we keep on losing, Smith won’t get poached from us at the end of the year. Hopefully, we can lose the rest of our conference games this season. You can never underestimate the importance of continuity.
Trust me I wish it was the opposite situation where we were having a very successful year and we were going to lose him at the end of the year. that means that we had a super successful year vs what we're seeing right now. Quite frankly over this last week you can't be too impressed with what coach Smith is doing.
I need to start using the sarcasm emoji more.



dogie
Posts: 3055
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by dogie » January 7th, 2020, 11:09 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 10:34 pm
Up 34-22 and the wheels literally get blown off. No defense and can’t rebound. We continue to be unable to get Sam any good looks either.
After the 34-22 score, the Aggies were outscored 55-19 over the course of about 20 minutes.



User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2700
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by GUS » January 7th, 2020, 11:09 pm

We are not moving without the ball, boxing out, or shoot worth a damn. Something is broken from how we played early in the season. Hopefully Smith can fix it.



brian5562
Posts: 1430
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:08 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by brian5562 » January 7th, 2020, 11:12 pm

GUS wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 11:09 pm
We are not moving without the ball, boxing out, or shoot worth a damn. Something is broken from how we played early in the season. Hopefully Smith can fix it.
Saturday is a must win so he needs to work fast



bpd
Posts: 1057
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by bpd » January 7th, 2020, 11:14 pm

2 points

1.Tonight was a must win and looked what happened.
2. This is not on Queta, look at the UNLV game, he didn't even play.
These users thanked the author bpd for the post:
Aglicious



User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2700
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by GUS » January 7th, 2020, 11:14 pm

The must wins are in March now.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2739
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 563 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by ineptimusprime » January 7th, 2020, 11:14 pm

brian5562 wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 11:12 pm
GUS wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 11:09 pm
We are not moving without the ball, boxing out, or shoot worth a damn. Something is broken from how we played early in the season. Hopefully Smith can fix it.
Saturday is a must win so he needs to work fast
Win, lose, who cares? At large hopes now gone.



User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2700
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by GUS » January 7th, 2020, 11:15 pm

Just like football, my expectations were way too high. Got to reel them in so I'm not disappointed.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 7584
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by FloridaAggie13 » January 7th, 2020, 11:18 pm

tysteve20 wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 11:03 pm
brian5562 wrote:Is The offense is still getting used to playing with Quetta? The ball doesn’t seem to be moving as well right now with him. In no way am I saying we are better without him. Just a question
I honestly think queta coming back ruined whatever chemistry we had. It changed how the whole team had to play , spacing, gameplan, etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We got our a$$3$ handed to us by UNLV and Queta wasn't playing.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1700
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 456 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by Aggie84025 » January 7th, 2020, 11:21 pm

scotlandog wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 11:01 pm
brian5562 wrote:Is The offense is still getting used to playing with Quetta? The ball doesn’t seem to be moving as well right now with him. In no way am I saying we are better without him. Just a question
Well with Queta 2-hand pushing guys to the floor and getting 3 fouls in 3 minutes, he’s not been in the games very much and nothing is changing when he is out. There is no effort. No one is rebounding outside of Queta. They’ve completely quit and haven’t come back from the Christmas break yet. UNLV and Air Force are not good teams. We are just plain sucking right now. Miller finally started hitting some shots but it doesn’t matter bc everyone else has quit. We don’t even try to get the ball inside the post. We don’t make any cuts through the paint. We are exactly back to Duryeas offense of pass the ball around the perimeter and take bad shots. This is not what we have been doing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe I don't remember how bad it was with Duryea, but this performance is as bad or worse than anything Duryea put on the floor as I can remember. Coach Smith and the team better get it fixed fast because it is spiraling down pretty fast. I thought the UNLV game was an anomaly based on the heart they played with at SDSU, but tonight I am just flat out pissed off with this team right now. Not sure what to expect. Nevada is a really good team and if we don't play tougher with some heart we could get steam rolled at home.



dogie
Posts: 3055
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by dogie » January 7th, 2020, 11:23 pm

How does a team like the Aggies go into Colorado Springs and launch 28 three point shots, and miss 18 of them? That was what I had gotten used to with Duryea.

The Aggies made only four free throws tonight. On the 44 missed Aggie shots, Air Force pulled down 37 rebounds compared to only seven offensive rebounds for USU. The numbers tell a story of absolute domination by the Falcons. After it was over, I had that feeling of never getting those hours back, much like I did after watching the BYU and Air Force football games this season. What a waste of my evening!



Aggie75
Posts: 21
Joined: March 1st, 2018, 12:28 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by Aggie75 » January 7th, 2020, 11:24 pm

EFFORT! To lose the rebound margin by 21 to Air Force is a clear indication of no effort.



User avatar
newhouse9
Posts: 2325
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 135 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by newhouse9 » January 7th, 2020, 11:26 pm

It's strange...we used to pass the ball. We don't run much stuff anymore, just take the lazy 3 like Tim's teams did. I don't know what has caused this change, but it is troubling. We have too many of the wrong guys taking shots, when Sam doesn't even score in the 2nd half of the game, any game. Something is really odd right now.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5384
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Sheeesh

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 7th, 2020, 11:27 pm

GUS wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 11:15 pm
Just like football, my expectations were way too high. Got to reel them in so I'm not disappointed.
I still think it was more reasonable to have high expectations this year for basketball than football. In football, we had lost so many key players from the year before and should have been obvious we were not going to win 10 games again, and expected what we got. As posted elsewhere, 2015 Football was far more disappointing relative to expectations than this past season.

Wheras basketball we returned almost everyone justifying the high expectations, along with two SEC wins to raise expectations on where we would go from there.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic