Grootfaam fan interaction

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggieaz

Grootfaam fan interaction

Post by aggieaz » January 18th, 2020, 9:20 pm

When the team came out for the second half, Grootham turned around and said something at a fan. Then the fan was immediately taken out. Does anyone know what happened?

Aggie in Boise

Re: Grootfaam fan interaction

Post by Aggie in Boise » January 20th, 2020, 6:41 pm

The fan called him on and wanted to meet him in the parking lot.

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » January 21st, 2020, 10:45 am

Aggie in Boise wrote:
January 20th, 2020, 6:41 pm
The fan called him on and wanted to meet him in the parking lot.
I can't tell if this is real information or if you are a jester, sir.

IdAggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by IdAggie » January 21st, 2020, 11:15 am

I had a family member sitting by the fan that was removed. The fan was shouting many obscene things at the team, including racial hate based language. Roche immediately turned and challenged the fan on the hate filled racial speech. Roche then went and told security what was said and the fan (and later his wife and kids) was immediately removed. Props to Roche for standing up to a bigot and standing for his teammates. Love the guy and how he represents USU and the team. I have had many interactions with Roche and he is a high class dude!
These users thanked the author IdAggie for the post (total 8):
aggies22Real Life AggieFloridaAggie13AggieFBObsessionChicAggieThunderAggieBLUERUFiOWillCut72

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 21st, 2020, 11:23 am

IdAggie wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 11:15 am
I had a family member sitting by the fan that was removed. The fan was shouting many obscene things at the team, including racial hate based language. Roche immediately turned and challenged the fan on the hate filled racial speech. Roche then went and told security what was said and the fan (and later his wife and kids) was immediately removed. Props to Roche for standing up to a bigot and standing for his teammates. Love the guy and how he represents USU and the team. I have had many interactions with Roche and he is a high class dude!
I've had the opportunity to get to know Roche a little bit as well. Definitely a good dude!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
AggieFBObsession

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » January 21st, 2020, 11:52 am

aggies22 wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 11:23 am
IdAggie wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 11:15 am
I've had the opportunity to get to know Roche a little bit as well. Definitely a good dude!
I hope this" fan" that is a simple minded bigot gets a lifetime ban from USU athletics.

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » January 21st, 2020, 12:05 pm

did that happen in Boise on Saturday?
Was it bsu or ustate fans?

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » January 21st, 2020, 12:12 pm

AGinNEIowa wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 12:05 pm
did that happen in Boise on Saturday?
Was it bsu or ustate fans?
If it was a BSU fan then that makes more sense.

IdAggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by IdAggie » January 21st, 2020, 2:33 pm

Definitely a BSU fan. Clad in the smurf blue and orange.

SaintAggie

Post by SaintAggie » January 21st, 2020, 6:34 pm

Glad it was addressed, and that Grootfaam handled it so well. Seems like a great kid. The fans were really good to me and my family at the game, but they had all left by the time they had anything to be excited about... so who knows how they would have been.

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » January 22nd, 2020, 8:50 am

oleblu111 wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 11:52 am
I hope this" fan" that is a simple minded bigot gets a lifetime ban from USU athletics.
This happened in Boise's arena, by a Boise fan.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » January 22nd, 2020, 9:23 am

Surprising that this happened. I've always found Boise fans to be passionate supporters of their team, but really great to be around. When the truck on down here, or when I've made my way up there, I've not had a negative interaction with their fans, and I might have deserved it a time or two.

Granted, I also look like I could come from Idaho, so...

tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

Post by tipitup » January 22nd, 2020, 10:29 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 9:23 am
Surprising that this happened. I've always found Boise fans to be passionate supporters of their team, but really great to be around. When the truck on down here, or when I've made my way up there, I've not had a negative interaction with their fans, and I might have deserved it a time or two.

We had some ok fans in front of us at the football game, very loud very passionate, but then we had some drunks behind us that wasn't very fun to be around. the one got kicked out before the first quarter was over, and the others left. then it was ok.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » January 22nd, 2020, 10:44 am

tipitup wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 10:29 am
Real Life Aggie wrote:

We had some ok fans in front of us at the football game, very loud very passionate, but then we had some drunks behind us that wasn't very fun to be around. the one got kicked out before the first quarter was over, and the others left. then it was ok.
As much as I hate Boise State, we should all be glad they are in our conference. They boost our conferences football rankings and give the MW a good rep. In basketball they are usually solid and raise our conference strength with a decent record.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » January 22nd, 2020, 9:50 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
tipitup wrote:
January 22nd, 2020, 10:29 am
Real Life Aggie wrote:

As much as I hate Boise State, we should all be glad they are in our conference. They boost our conferences football rankings and give the MW a good rep. In basketball they are usually solid and raise our conference strength with a decent record.
Maybe we should pay them 4 times more than anybody else too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic