Three tickets and a parking pass vs AF - Free

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Chupamedia

Three tickets and a parking pass vs AF - Free

Post by Chupamedia » January 21st, 2020, 2:15 pm

I posted this in the tickets forum, but thought it may be better seen here. I have 3 tickets for tonight and can't attend. The parking pass is Lot B. PM me if interested and we can figure out how to get the tickets to you.

Chupamedia

Re: Three tickets and a parking pass vs AF - Free

Post by Chupamedia » January 21st, 2020, 2:45 pm

taken

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 21st, 2020, 2:54 pm

Chupamedia wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 2:15 pm
I posted this in the tickets forum, but thought it may be better seen here. I have 3 tickets for tonight and can't attend. The parking pass is Lot B. PM me if interested and we can figure out how to get the tickets to you.
I'm afraid the attendance tonight is going to be very sad.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » January 21st, 2020, 2:56 pm

I wouldn't expect anything more. The team has completely crapped the bed on a very promising season. Even us die hards are having a hard time coping with the disappointment of this team.

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » January 21st, 2020, 3:03 pm

I'll be there. Count me as a die-hard not having a hard time supporting the team.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » January 21st, 2020, 3:19 pm

In the Stew years it took many seasons of consistent winning to elevate fan expectations to lofty levels. In the Duryea years, no one would've batted an eye at the losses that we have seen so far this year. But with Smith's meteoric rise from the ashes of the Duryea era, we came to expect consistent, and even increased excellence this year with most of the team returning.

We've seen what the team is capable of with huge wins over top 40 SEC teams in neutral environments, and we've now seen that on any given night (or 3), we are capable of losing to teams we shouldn't lose to. Is it disappointing? Yes. Is it worth saying things like "This is the most disappointing team in the history of sports!" or "I'm done wasting my time with this team!" only to return and then say it with our next loss as well....

Probably not.
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 3):
Roy McAvoyaceofspadeskbNavyBlueAggie

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 21st, 2020, 3:34 pm

I think this level negativity is just around the die-hard fans. People will probably keep attending as long as we keep winning at home for now. This team is fun to watch. Crappy games happen. Keep a level head and enjoy the game.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
Real Life Aggie

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » January 21st, 2020, 3:43 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 3:34 pm
I think this level negativity is just around the TRY-hard fans. People will probably keep attending as long as we keep winning at home for now. This team is fun to watch. Crappy games happen. Keep a level head and enjoy the game.
FIFY. I completely agree with your premise though. Die hard fans recognize that sometimes you lose. That's why they play the game. There's no reason for a die hard fan to over react. We'll still end up with 20+ wins this year and have a shot in the conference tournament. The sky is not falling.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » January 21st, 2020, 6:46 pm

Yes, all fans expect to lose sometimes. But the way you lose counts to me too. When I see what I perceive to be a lack of effort and toughness, it is hard for me to get too excited for the next game.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Locked Previous topicNext topic