Brito

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Agzrule

Brito

Post by Agzrule » January 18th, 2020, 10:35 pm

dumbest mistakes maybe I’ve ever seen in my life, inexcusable loss tonight, this team sucks, Miller porter and Brito are not good players, we have the worst overall talent in the league and it’s more and more obvious every game, without Merrill this is a bottom three team in mwc
These users thanked the author Agzrule for the post (total 2):
2004AGFormer_USU_Alumni

2004AG

Re: Brito

Post by 2004AG » January 18th, 2020, 10:37 pm

Agzrule wrote:dumbest mistakes maybe I’ve ever seen in my life, inexcusable loss tonight, this team sucks, Miller porter and Brito are not good players, we have the worst overall talent in the league and it’s more and more obvious every game, without Merrill this is a bottom three team in mwc
We have no perimeter game. Brito, Miller and Porter are just abysmal.

No depth either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
Former_USU_Alumni

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:40 pm

Between the air balls, the awful turnovers with little pressure, etc, brito should blame himself for this loss. And he'd be 80% right.

These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 3):
2004AGaggieguy13Former_USU_Alumni

Melvatron

Post by Melvatron » January 18th, 2020, 10:40 pm

I’ve been waiting for someone to call out Brito. The only good he has done was help bring Queta to USU. His careless turnovers are such a joke. I don’t know how wide open you need to be to knock down at least 35% from beyond the arc. Still trying to figure why we as the 2nd tallest team in D1 are taking more than half our shots from 3pt line? Can someone please enlighten me.
These users thanked the author Melvatron for the post:
Former_USU_Alumni

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:41 pm

Remember when Brito hit that 1st three pointer and everyone thought he was back....

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » January 18th, 2020, 10:44 pm

This is on the coach. Brito and Miller were not in the game mentally at all at the end. Get them out during those last 4 minutes! Those turnovers are absolutely ridiculous. You have an 18pt lead and you see what’s happening and no changes are made. They are pressing and causing turnovers. Make a change!!! Put in Dorius and inbound the ball to him. Put in Bairstow and get him the ball! DO SOMETHING! At the very end, you just throw the ball down the court not give them an uncontested layup!!!! I’m in total shock right now about how bad we are.

These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post (total 5):
aggieguy13codingaggieChupamediaAggiewestAglicious

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » January 18th, 2020, 10:46 pm

Absolutely coaching. No change, no adjustment - let’s just watch the same 5 guys continue to lose the game and don’t do anything about it.
These users thanked the author Chupamedia for the post (total 2):
2004AGAggiewest

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » January 18th, 2020, 10:47 pm

My question for the coach or Brito is why he was the designated in bounder. He is a very good free throw shooter. Bean or Porter should be inbounding those at the end.
These users thanked the author aggiesdotcom for the post:
Former_USU_Alumni

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:48 pm

Yup. Poor coaching. Poor everything down the stretch. Brito is a mess. Porter is not good. We all knew we needed to recruit over him. Just a complete mess

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:50 pm

aggiesdotcom wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:47 pm
My question for the coach or Brito is why he was the designated in bounder. He is a very good free throw shooter. Bean or Porter should be inbounding those at the end.
I think Brito should have realized we have a timeout instead of in bounding the ball. He grabbed the ball too quick and rushed the inbound. Let someone else inbound it or at least call a timeout.

Agzrule

Post by Agzrule » January 18th, 2020, 10:52 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:50 pm
aggiesdotcom wrote:
I think Brito should have realized we have a timeout instead of in bounding the ball. He grabbed the ball too quick and rushed the inbound. Let someone else inbound it or at least call a timeout.
We didn’t have a timeout, smith blew that with 8.9 seconds left

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:53 pm

Agzrule wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:52 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:50 pm
aggiesdotcom wrote:
We didn’t have a timeout, smith blew that with 8.9 seconds left
Oh my bad I thought we did. Well at least pass the ball further from the basket and not right along the baseline.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 18th, 2020, 11:07 pm

We had a timeout still when Brito threw it to Jessup. And yes, we should've called a time out when Dennis made it. We also should've fouled Dennis on the dribble as he came across halfcourt. Not allowing him to shoot the three and not having to worry about fouling him on the three.

So many things could've and should've been done in the last 4 minutes to milk out a win with an 18 point lead. It's so disappointing that none of them were done. Smith should've calmed the guys down. I think it would've been a good idea to make a substitution for Brito. Especially once we went to overtime. Why on earth did we start out with the same 5 guys who just blew an 18 point lead in 4 minutes to Boise's scrubs?!!!
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 2):
2004AGFormer_USU_Alumni

Former_USU_Alumni
Been thanked: 0

Post by Former_USU_Alumni » January 18th, 2020, 11:33 pm

I think we should make a permanent substitution for Brito.

I wish the guy well in life but basketball just isn’t his thing. Basketball requires you to make the right decision in half a second, some people have the skills and some people are dumber than a bag of rocks.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » January 18th, 2020, 11:37 pm

Former_USU_Alumni wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:33 pm
I think we should make a permanent substitution for Brito.

I wish the guy well in life but basketball just isn’t his thing. Basketball requires you to make the right decision in half a second, some people have the skills and some people are dumber than a bag of rocks.
I know people are frustrated, but if you are implying that Brito is dumber than a bag of rocks that is really low and you should be ashamed of yourself. Sure he made a bad play, but calling out college athletes like that is uncalled for. What would you care as you are a former aggie alumni.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
Former_USU_AlumniReal Life Aggie

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » January 18th, 2020, 11:38 pm

There were so many mistakes..
Porter fouling a 3 point shooter,

Miller attacking the basket after beating the press and turning it over- instead of backing it out and using clock

Missed free throws

Merrill throwing it right to the boise player right under the basket

Let alone the pass directly to the Boise player at end of regulation.

Boise needed all that and then some to win.
These users thanked the author Elkaggie for the post:
Former_USU_Alumni

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » January 18th, 2020, 11:41 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:38 pm
There were so many mistakes..
Porter fouling a 3 point shooter,

Miller attacking the basket after beating the press and turning it over- instead of backing it out and using clock

Missed free throws

Merrill throwing it right to the boise player right under the basket

Let alone the pass directly to the Boise player at end of regulation.

Boise needed all that and then some to win.
That is what is so damn frustrating. Sure the play by Brito at the end of regulation was bad, but they needed every last one of those to win. Just poor, poor execution by our team. The sad thing is we had lots of veteran players in the game that should make better decisions. Looking back the foul on the 3 by Porter was just terrible as I believe we were up by 6 at the time.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
Former_USU_Alumni

rAggie

Post by rAggie » January 18th, 2020, 11:42 pm

Melvatron wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:40 pm
I’ve been waiting for someone to call out Brito. The only good he has done was help bring Queta to USU. His careless turnovers are such a joke. I don’t know how wide open you need to be to knock down at least 35% from beyond the arc. Still trying to figure why we as the 2nd tallest team in D1 are taking more than half our shots from 3pt line? Can someone please enlighten me.
Because we're stat padding if we keep thinking we're one of the tallest teams when Kuba, Stall, Grootfaam, and Bairstow never see the floor, and Dorius, through no fault of his own, is overmatched in every single respect.

I just did some math, our average height is, according to Ken Pomeroy, 78.2" -- which is actually the No. 20 team in the country. If we take Kuba, Grootfaam, and Bairstow out of the equation and replace them with average height players (76.8"), our average team height is suddenly...76.9" and right in the average.

The notion that we have one of the tallest teams in the country, at this point, is a myth. We definitely have punched above our weight from a rebounding perspective, though.

Showing my True Colors since 2022

Locked Previous topicNext topic