Most dissapointing team ever

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1263
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 327 times
Been thanked: 373 times

Most dissapointing team ever

Post by ThunderAggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:36 pm

Just when we look like we may have a huge boost of confidence and get things going again.

Is this the most disappointing team ever?
Last edited by ThunderAggie on January 18th, 2020, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
Former_USU_Alumni



SpectrumMagic
Posts: 537
Joined: November 8th, 2010, 7:57 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by SpectrumMagic » January 18th, 2020, 10:37 pm

Id quit worrying about NET rankings -



SwaggieAggie
Posts: 125
Joined: September 17th, 2019, 10:04 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by SwaggieAggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:38 pm

At least the Jazz are good this year.
These users thanked the author SwaggieAggie for the post:
brownjeans



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2814
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 606 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by ineptimusprime » January 18th, 2020, 10:42 pm

Absolutely the most disappointing Aggie team in any sport during my time of fandom.



Aggiesbleedblue
Posts: 224
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 10:32 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by Aggiesbleedblue » January 18th, 2020, 10:43 pm

It’s only fitting we finish 9th after being picked 1st



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16844
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 753 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by NVAggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:44 pm

Last year was magical in both major revenue sports. This year has been a big disappointment. They’re is a reason I have been cynical about the Aggies my whole life. Every time I think we are going to take the next step, we completely blow it.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
Aggie_in_Idaho



pilotaggie
Posts: 621
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by pilotaggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:44 pm

Much like football expectations were very high. It makes loses that much worse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2814
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 606 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by ineptimusprime » January 18th, 2020, 10:46 pm

pilotaggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:44 pm
Much like football expectations were very high. It makes loses that much worse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The win-loss total in football was what should have reasonably been expected. People who expected more out of that team with all the roster turnover were being unreasonable. The way we lost some games was inexcusable, I’ll grant that.

There’s no excuse for this team. It’s basically the same team as last year. That’s why this is 10000000x more disappointing than football this year.



QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 15750
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 576 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by QuackAttackAggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:48 pm

pilotaggie wrote:Much like football expectations were very high. It makes loses that much worse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The opposite of that. We returned the fewest starters in all of college football and had more new players on our roster than possibly any team in history with over 50%.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



pilotaggie
Posts: 621
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by pilotaggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:50 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
pilotaggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:44 pm
Much like football expectations were very high. It makes loses that much worse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The win-loss total in football was what should have reasonably been expected. People who expected more out of that team with all the roster turnover were being unreasonable.

There’s no excuse for this team. It’s basically the same team as last year. That’s why this is 10000000x more disappointing than football this year.
Oh I don't disagree especially about football. This is more disappointing by far. People were expecting a lot and while 14 and 6 is a decent record the conference play has been a disaster. The hype on this team was 2 loses over the season. It is very frustrating.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1263
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 327 times
Been thanked: 373 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by ThunderAggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:51 pm

pilotaggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:50 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
pilotaggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:44 pm
Much like football expectations were very high. It makes loses that much worse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The win-loss total in football was what should have reasonably been expected. People who expected more out of that team with all the roster turnover were being unreasonable.

There’s no excuse for this team. It’s basically the same team as last year. That’s why this is 10000000x more disappointing than football this year.
Oh I don't disagree especially about football. This is more disappointing by far. People were expecting a lot and while 14 and 6 is a decent record the conference play has been a disaster. The hype on this team was 2 loses over the season. It is very frustrating.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I mean with our schedule, we actually do not have that bad of a record. We beat LSU and FLorida who I did not expect, but then pretty much wiped out any excitement over those wins with losses to AF, UNLV, and now BSU.



pilotaggie
Posts: 621
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by pilotaggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:52 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
pilotaggie wrote:Much like football expectations were very high. It makes loses that much worse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The opposite of that. We returned the fewest starters in all of college football and had more new players on our roster than possibly any team in history with over 50%.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also agree but for whatever reason lots of people expected football to be better than the final record. They shouldn't have but that's the way it went.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

Aggie84025
Posts: 2001
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 608 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by Aggie84025 » January 18th, 2020, 10:54 pm

I don't know about most disappointing ever, but for sure where the game stood with 4 minutes to go this might be most frustrating loss ever. No way you should lose that game.



pilotaggie
Posts: 621
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by pilotaggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:56 pm

More disputing than Pacific?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

Elkaggie
Posts: 3762
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by Elkaggie » January 18th, 2020, 11:06 pm

pilotaggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:56 pm
More disputing than Pacific?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
This one was worse.



User avatar
Mr. Sneelock
Posts: 4164
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:09 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 192 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by Mr. Sneelock » January 18th, 2020, 11:08 pm

I said the following after the AFA game. It applies double today.

This team is soft. It is unathletic. Nobody can get to the rim. Nobody can create their own shot. Nobody can get open. Nobody can shoot straight. They make lazy passes. They forgot how to rebound. They flop. They seem to have chemistry issues. They have sprained ankles and sand in their vaginas.


Formerly TulsAGGIE

User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1263
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 327 times
Been thanked: 373 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by ThunderAggie » January 18th, 2020, 11:10 pm

Our game is a lot like the UNI vs Texas A&M tourney game a few years back. UNI up 12 with 40 seconds and a few bad in bounds plays cost them the game.
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
AGinNEIowa



Aggie75
Posts: 21
Joined: March 1st, 2018, 12:28 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by Aggie75 » January 18th, 2020, 11:13 pm

Disgusting! The players are gutless. They were an embarrassment to the entire university. No excuse. The worse display of basketball at USU I have ever witnessed in 68 years.
These users thanked the author Aggie75 for the post:
Former_USU_Alumni



Chupamedia
Posts: 1254
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 10:42 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by Chupamedia » January 18th, 2020, 11:13 pm

pilotaggie wrote:More disputing than Pacific?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The OP is saying “team” not game. Sure we have had some other rough games, I’m not sure this bad. But his point being this team was supposed to be top 20 and is performing like a Big Sky team



pilotaggie
Posts: 621
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by pilotaggie » January 18th, 2020, 11:16 pm

Sorry I didn't quote the post above in that question. On mobile I keep hitting the wrong reply.

He said this was the most frustrating loss ever. It was related to that statement.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk




Last edited by pilotaggie on January 18th, 2020, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.


This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

Aggie84025
Posts: 2001
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 608 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by Aggie84025 » January 18th, 2020, 11:19 pm

pilotaggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:56 pm
More disputing than Pacific?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
That one was a really bad also. I was newly married at the time and i was so upset after the game. My wife knew I loved the aggies, but I was just so furious and depressed after that loss that it was a little shocking to her. 15 years later she just expects it now, but that was a terrible game. I will say that the victory against them in the conference championship was a thing of beauty.



Former_USU_Alumni
Posts: 18
Joined: January 7th, 2020, 11:11 pm
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by Former_USU_Alumni » January 18th, 2020, 11:22 pm

There are at least 5 to 6 players that should quietly excuse themselves from the team and go back home.

You can guess who those players are.

If they aren’t good enough to play for SDSU or Nevada then they’re not good enough to play for the Aggees.



pilotaggie
Posts: 621
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by pilotaggie » January 18th, 2020, 11:23 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
pilotaggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:56 pm
More disputing than Pacific?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
That one was a really bad also. I was newly married at the time and i was so upset after the game. My wife knew I loved the aggies, but I was just so furious and depressed after that loss that it was a little shocking to her. 15 years later she just expects it now, but that was a terrible game. I will say that the victory against them in the conference championship was a thing of beauty.
Did it right that time. My wife feels her pain!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

Elkaggie
Posts: 3762
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by Elkaggie » January 18th, 2020, 11:24 pm

Aggie75 wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:13 pm
Disgusting! The players are gutless. They were an embarrassment to the entire university. No excuse. The worse display of basketball at USU I have ever witnessed in 68 years.
I hope you are joking.
These users thanked the author Elkaggie for the post:
Real Life Aggie



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1263
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 327 times
Been thanked: 373 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by ThunderAggie » January 18th, 2020, 11:24 pm

Former_USU_Alumni wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:22 pm
There are at least 5 to 6 players that should quietly excuse themselves from the team and go back home.

You can guess who those players are.

If they aren’t good enough to play for SDSU or Nevada then they’re not good enough to play for the Aggees.
In all seriousness who should? What players should not be on the team.



User avatar
Mr. Sneelock
Posts: 4164
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:09 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 192 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by Mr. Sneelock » January 19th, 2020, 4:20 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:24 pm
Former_USU_Alumni wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:22 pm
There are at least 5 to 6 players that should quietly excuse themselves from the team and go back home.

You can guess who those players are.

If they aren’t good enough to play for SDSU or Nevada then they’re not good enough to play for the Aggees.
In all seriousness who should? What players should not be on the team.
I don't really want to say that anyone shouldn't be on the team, but Brito and Miller have been net liabilities this season. Anderson was good against LSU, but has been a liability since. I like Abel Porter and he plays hard, but he just isn't a MWC level starting PG.

Someone needs to step up and take the pressure off Merrill, Bean, and Queta. Everyone else has been a liability.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post:
Former_USU_Alumni


Formerly TulsAGGIE

Dkdavis
Posts: 159
Joined: January 28th, 2019, 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by Dkdavis » January 19th, 2020, 4:31 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
January 19th, 2020, 4:20 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:24 pm
Former_USU_Alumni wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:22 pm
There are at least 5 to 6 players that should quietly excuse themselves from the team and go back home.

You can guess who those players are.

If they aren’t good enough to play for SDSU or Nevada then they’re not good enough to play for the Aggees.
In all seriousness who should? What players should not be on the team.
I don't really want to say that anyone shouldn't be on the team, but Brito and Miller have been net liabilities this season. Anderson was good against LSU, but has been a liability since. I like Abel Porter and he plays hard, but he just isn't a MWC level starting PG.

Someone needs to step up and take the pressure off Merrill, Bean, and Queta. Everyone else has been a liability.
Man Former Usu Aggie must be having a great time right now. He's channeling into the pain everyone is feeling for the game and getting so many reactions. He's honestly a decent troll.
These users thanked the author Dkdavis for the post (total 2):
Former_USU_AlumniReal Life Aggie



FL350Aggie
Posts: 129
Joined: January 19th, 2020, 4:57 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by FL350Aggie » January 19th, 2020, 5:20 pm

The verdict is still out. All remainder games are winnable, other than SDSU. If they end up finishing 3rd or better I won’t say most disappointing ever. Just underperformed.



Agezzz
Posts: 174
Joined: September 14th, 2014, 3:23 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by Agezzz » January 19th, 2020, 5:22 pm

Aggie75 wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:13 pm
Disgusting! The players are gutless. They were an embarrassment to the entire university. No excuse. The worse display of basketball at USU I have ever witnessed in 68 years.
You need to get a life. Go see a mental health expert....At your age you should realize that it's a BB game. Not the end of the world. Sorry, but way over the top!



KissMyAg
Posts: 331
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 11:31 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by KissMyAg » January 19th, 2020, 6:38 pm

Aggie75 wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:13 pm
Disgusting! The players are gutless. They were an embarrassment to the entire university. No excuse. The worse display of basketball at USU I have ever witnessed in 68 years.
I can understand your frustration but this team is not gutless. This is a poorly thought out post.



User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2219
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by bigblue » January 19th, 2020, 8:33 pm

Dkdavis wrote:
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
January 19th, 2020, 4:20 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:24 pm
Former_USU_Alumni wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:22 pm
There are at least 5 to 6 players that should quietly excuse themselves from the team and go back home.

You can guess who those players are.

If they aren’t good enough to play for SDSU or Nevada then they’re not good enough to play for the Aggees.
In all seriousness who should? What players should not be on the team.
I don't really want to say that anyone shouldn't be on the team, but Brito and Miller have been net liabilities this season. Anderson was good against LSU, but has been a liability since. I like Abel Porter and he plays hard, but he just isn't a MWC level starting PG.

Someone needs to step up and take the pressure off Merrill, Bean, and Queta. Everyone else has been a liability.
Man Former Usu Aggie must be having a great time right now. He's channeling into the pain everyone is feeling for the game and getting so many reactions. He's honestly a decent troll.
Not to hijack the thread or anything but how can one be a "former *school name* alumni?" Do you disown the school you went to? Drop out? I think it's worthy of debate.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author bigblue for the post:
Former_USU_Alumni


Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

blueaggie
Posts: 949
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by blueaggie » January 19th, 2020, 11:41 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:08 pm
I said the following after the AFA game. It applies double today.

This team is soft. It is unathletic. Nobody can get to the rim. Nobody can create their own shot. Nobody can get open. Nobody can shoot straight. They make lazy passes. They forgot how to rebound. They flop. They seem to have chemistry issues. They have sprained ankles and sand in their vaginas.
It's amazing how such an "unathletic" dominated the game except for the last 3 minutes.
These users thanked the author blueaggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13



Blue Bull
Posts: 14
Joined: September 22nd, 2012, 4:58 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by Blue Bull » January 20th, 2020, 6:26 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:08 pm
I said the following after the AFA game. It applies double today.

This team is soft. It is unathletic. Nobody can get to the rim. Nobody can create their own shot. Nobody can get open. Nobody can shoot straight. They make lazy passes. They forgot how to rebound. They flop. They seem to have chemistry issues. They have sprained ankles and sand in their vaginas.
How much sand do you have in yours? Go troll somewhere else where intelligent posts aren’t needed.



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 1244
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 1210 times
Been thanked: 505 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by Real Life Aggie » January 20th, 2020, 10:19 am

Dkdavis wrote:
January 19th, 2020, 4:31 pm
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
January 19th, 2020, 4:20 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:24 pm
Former_USU_Alumni wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:22 pm
There are at least 5 to 6 players that should quietly excuse themselves from the team and go back home.

You can guess who those players are.

If they aren’t good enough to play for SDSU or Nevada then they’re not good enough to play for the Aggees.
In all seriousness who should? What players should not be on the team.
I don't really want to say that anyone shouldn't be on the team, but Brito and Miller have been net liabilities this season. Anderson was good against LSU, but has been a liability since. I like Abel Porter and he plays hard, but he just isn't a MWC level starting PG.

Someone needs to step up and take the pressure off Merrill, Bean, and Queta. Everyone else has been a liability.
Man Former Usu Aggie must be having a great time right now. He's channeling into the pain everyone is feeling for the game and getting so many reactions. He's honestly a decent troll.
Even with occasional optimistic comments and some positive feedback here and there to seem like less of a troll. We had SDSU on here earlier as a poor example of trolling. Just repeating dumb info that isn't correct, and won't adjust to facts when they're presented. Then this guy comes in and actually takes digs at the real insecurities.

Well done, you jackass. Still a troll.



BobWilson
Posts: 775
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Most dissapointing team ever

Post by BobWilson » January 20th, 2020, 11:13 am

To coin a phrase, nothing is new under the sun!

The 1959-60 Aggie team won 3rd place in the NIT - a big deal then - and finished ranked in the top ten in both polls. The next year the team returned 4 starters and added a prize recruit - Haney. Expectations were sky-high! We beat a NY team - forget which one- in Madison Square Garden to open the season and then lost two games on the way back home. That team ended the season only a game or two above .500. That was Cec Baker's last year. Ladell took over the following year and went to the Western NCAA regional semifinals, losing to UCLA in Provo.



Locked Previous topicNext topic