I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SLB
Posts: 1162
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times

I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by SLB » January 18th, 2020, 10:38 pm

Boise State hit everything with refs not allowing to have defense in the game.
Both teams had a combine 56 fouls.
Rough game, but we will come back.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 13790
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 440 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by brownjeans » January 18th, 2020, 10:40 pm

Soft passes, lack of focus



Aggiesbleedblue
Posts: 200
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 10:32 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by Aggiesbleedblue » January 18th, 2020, 10:41 pm

The refs blew a 17 point lead in 3:30? Must’ve missed that part. Or was Brito wearing stripes?



SLB
Posts: 1162
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by SLB » January 18th, 2020, 10:41 pm

brownjeans wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:40 pm
Soft passes, lack of focus
Lost focus and we got seriously iced. Seriously, the game should have ended an hour ago.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 985
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by ThunderAggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:42 pm

Aggiesbleedblue wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:41 pm
The refs blew a 17 point lead in 3:30? Must’ve missed that part. Or was Brito wearing stripes?
I think the refs had some bad calls on Queta that allowed him to foul out too early which costed us the game...so in a way the refs did cost us a little. But in no way we should give up a 18 pt lead.



SLB
Posts: 1162
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by SLB » January 18th, 2020, 10:43 pm

Aggiesbleedblue wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:41 pm
The refs blew a 17 point lead in 3:30? Must’ve missed that part. Or was Brito wearing stripes?
The 56 fouls and endless reviewing almost made a quick game into 3 hours.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1547
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 390 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by Aggie84025 » January 18th, 2020, 10:44 pm

You are up by 2 with 4 seconds to go and you have the ball to in bounds. Lets be honest you should not lose that game. There was no need to rush that pass. YOu have a timeout at the very least send throw the ball past half court so even if they steal they have no time to make anything happen.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5595
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 202 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by 2004AG » January 18th, 2020, 10:44 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:You are up by 2 with 4 seconds to go and you have the ball to in bounds. Lets be honest you should not lose that game. There was no need to rush that pass. YOu have a timeout at the very least send throw the ball past half court so even if they steal they have no time to make anything happen.
Everybody but Brito knew that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
oleblu111



SLB
Posts: 1162
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by SLB » January 18th, 2020, 10:45 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:42 pm
Aggiesbleedblue wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:41 pm
The refs blew a 17 point lead in 3:30? Must’ve missed that part. Or was Brito wearing stripes?
I think the refs had some bad calls on Queta that allowed him to foul out too early which costed us the game...so in a way the refs did cost us a little. But in no way we should give up a 18 pt lead.
56 fouls with a boatload of them at the end of the 2nd half was crazy. Our defense got weak when the wave of fouls got too crazy.



SpectrumMagic
Posts: 506
Joined: November 8th, 2010, 7:57 pm
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by SpectrumMagic » January 18th, 2020, 10:45 pm

We will come back?? What in conference play has shown that this team has the ability to play a full 40 min? You’d have to try to blow an 18pt lead with 4 left. Blaming refs and delays?? Make an inbounds pass, play a little D, don’t foul 3 pt shooter, then when turning it over don’t stand around while player makes layup to tie game.



SLB
Posts: 1162
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by SLB » January 18th, 2020, 10:46 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:44 pm
You are up by 2 with 4 seconds to go and you have the ball to in bounds. Lets be honest you should not lose that game. There was no need to rush that pass. YOu have a timeout at the very least send throw the ball past half court so even if they steal they have no time to make anything happen.
I agree, but we were out of sorts when the fouls got crazy.



NVAggie
Posts: 16180
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 690 times
Been thanked: 627 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by NVAggie » January 18th, 2020, 10:46 pm

Brito played like the old Brito. He has been that guy all season



utaggies
Posts: 3618
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by utaggies » January 18th, 2020, 10:48 pm

There are a few on this board that believe we are only a few bad calls that are separating us from being undefeated.



coolag
Posts: 1145
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 10:10 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by coolag » January 18th, 2020, 10:49 pm

Keep saying it man.



SLB
Posts: 1162
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by SLB » January 18th, 2020, 10:50 pm

To give context, the foul number was complain about for the Nevada game last season. There was 2 more fouls here with most at the end of the game.



Chupamedia
Posts: 1233
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 10:42 pm
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by Chupamedia » January 18th, 2020, 10:50 pm

The thing is both teams had to sit through the fouls and the reviews. This was lost by poor coaching and expecting 4 guys to play for two hours and not get gassed
These users thanked the author Chupamedia for the post (total 2):
2004AGoleblu111



SLB
Posts: 1162
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by SLB » January 18th, 2020, 10:52 pm

Chupamedia wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:50 pm
The thing is both teams had to sit through the fouls and the reviews. This was lost by poor coaching and expecting 4 guys to play for two hours and not get gassed
True, but the moment changed in the game was when the fouls got crazy. Refs had more playing time than the players at the end of the 2nd half.



Intermeddler
Posts: 1760
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by Intermeddler » January 18th, 2020, 10:53 pm

And I thought OPs take that LSU football was overrated was bad



Chupamedia
Posts: 1233
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 10:42 pm
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by Chupamedia » January 18th, 2020, 10:56 pm

SLB wrote:
Chupamedia wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:50 pm
The thing is both teams had to sit through the fouls and the reviews. This was lost by poor coaching and expecting 4 guys to play for two hours and not get gassed
True, but the moment changed in the game was when the fouls got crazy. Refs had more playing time than the players at the end of the 2nd half.
If it weren’t for those calls we would not have scored at all the last 5 minutes of regulation. And did we hit a field goal in OT?
These users thanked the author Chupamedia for the post:
Intermeddler



SLB
Posts: 1162
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by SLB » January 18th, 2020, 10:58 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:53 pm
And I thought OPs take that LSU football was overrated was bad
No team's defense accomplished to getting to LSU's weakness. Good for LSU, no defense could really get that offense with the pass rush and coverage that was needed. Many said here were bragging how good LSU was without facing elite teams was also my other point which was correct. Most wonder why many were upset at me at the time, I pointed out the flaw in the argument at the time of proving LSU was great.
Last edited by SLB on January 18th, 2020, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.



SpectrumMagic
Posts: 506
Joined: November 8th, 2010, 7:57 pm
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by SpectrumMagic » January 18th, 2020, 10:58 pm

No FG in OT



Elkaggie
Posts: 3711
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by Elkaggie » January 18th, 2020, 11:00 pm

Yes Porter got a put back.



Chupamedia
Posts: 1233
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 10:42 pm
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by Chupamedia » January 18th, 2020, 11:01 pm

Elkaggie wrote:Yes Porter got a put back.
That’s right - I about forgot



Aggie84025
Posts: 1547
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 390 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by Aggie84025 » January 18th, 2020, 11:01 pm

Give that freshman credit he played awesome and hit huge shots. That being said you should not lose that game being up 5 with 10 seconds to go. Even when they hit that 3 the last thing you can do is turn the ball over on the in bounds. Even if we get fouled and miss both free throws they then have to drive the length of the court in 3 seconds to get a basket which is very unlikely. Brito cannot make that mistake that is all their is to it.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
ThunderAggieReal Life Aggie



Intermeddler
Posts: 1760
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by Intermeddler » January 18th, 2020, 11:02 pm

SLB wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:58 pm
Intermeddler wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:53 pm
And I thought OPs take that LSU football was overrated was bad
No team's defense accomplished to getting to LSU's weakness. Good for LSU, no defense could really get that offense with the pass rush and coverage that was needed. Many said here were bragging how good LSU was without facing elite teams was also my other point which was correct. Most wonder why many were upset at me at the time, I pointed out the flaw in the argument at the time of proving LSU was great.
This is nonsensical but keep holding to that fantasy.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 4916
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 18th, 2020, 11:03 pm

SLB wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:58 pm
Intermeddler wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:53 pm
And I thought OPs take that LSU football was overrated was bad
No team's defense accomplished to getting to LSU's weakness. Good for LSU, no defense could really get that offense with the pass rush and coverage that was needed. Many said here were bragging how good LSU was without facing elite teams was also my other point which was correct. Most wonder why many were upset at me at the time, I pointed out the flaw in the argument at the time of proving LSU was great.
The fact is, LSU proved you were wrong and that they were underrated being #5 and were actually #1.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 985
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by ThunderAggie » January 18th, 2020, 11:04 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:01 pm
Give that freshman credit he played awesome and hit huge shots. That being said you should not lose that game being up 5 with 10 seconds to go. Even when they hit that 3 the last thing you can do is turn the ball over on the in bounds. Even if we get fouled and miss both free throws they then have to drive the length of the court in 3 seconds to get a basket which is very unlikely. Brito cannot make that mistake that is all their is to it.
Yep that is all their is to it. I don't know how he hit that three, but in no way should we pass a soft bounce pass to the corner. You either chuck the ball at least far enough to where if you turn it over, they have like 3 seconds to try and get a shot or be more patient. He literally passed it in right away and didn't let the inbound develop.



SLB
Posts: 1162
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by SLB » January 18th, 2020, 11:05 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:02 pm
SLB wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:58 pm
Intermeddler wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:53 pm
And I thought OPs take that LSU football was overrated was bad
No team's defense accomplished to getting to LSU's weakness. Good for LSU, no defense could really get that offense with the pass rush and coverage that was needed. Many said here were bragging how good LSU was without facing elite teams was also my other point which was correct. Most wonder why many were upset at me at the time, I pointed out the flaw in the argument at the time of proving LSU was great.
This is nonsensical but keep holding to that fantasy.
If you notice at the time, I use real data to prove that argument and proved the flaws in the data in the counterargument. It is clear that many of the LSU fans here wanted to make a personal thing with me which is boring to everyone.



SLB
Posts: 1162
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by SLB » January 18th, 2020, 11:09 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:03 pm
SLB wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:58 pm
Intermeddler wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:53 pm
And I thought OPs take that LSU football was overrated was bad
No team's defense accomplished to getting to LSU's weakness. Good for LSU, no defense could really get that offense with the pass rush and coverage that was needed. Many said here were bragging how good LSU was without facing elite teams was also my other point which was correct. Most wonder why many were upset at me at the time, I pointed out the flaw in the argument at the time of proving LSU was great.
The fact is, LSU proved you were wrong and that they were underrated being #5 and were actually #1.
I made a prediction that turned out to be incorrect. My point about my prediction was not the real issue, but the fact of the weak counterargument at the time really got people getting personal over a team that is not in our conference and not going to play us against for some time is plain silly.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1547
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 390 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by Aggie84025 » January 18th, 2020, 11:10 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:04 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:01 pm
Give that freshman credit he played awesome and hit huge shots. That being said you should not lose that game being up 5 with 10 seconds to go. Even when they hit that 3 the last thing you can do is turn the ball over on the in bounds. Even if we get fouled and miss both free throws they then have to drive the length of the court in 3 seconds to get a basket which is very unlikely. Brito cannot make that mistake that is all their is to it.
Yep that is all their is to it. I don't know how he hit that three, but in no way should we pass a soft bounce pass to the corner. You either chuck the ball at least far enough to where if you turn it over, they have like 3 seconds to try and get a shot or be more patient. He literally passed it in right away and didn't let the inbound develop.
It just inexcusable he literally threw it in before our players even cut for it, plus we had a timeout to use as well.



utaggies
Posts: 3618
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by utaggies » January 18th, 2020, 11:13 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:10 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:04 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:01 pm
Give that freshman credit he played awesome and hit huge shots. That being said you should not lose that game being up 5 with 10 seconds to go. Even when they hit that 3 the last thing you can do is turn the ball over on the in bounds. Even if we get fouled and miss both free throws they then have to drive the length of the court in 3 seconds to get a basket which is very unlikely. Brito cannot make that mistake that is all their is to it.
Yep that is all their is to it. I don't know how he hit that three, but in no way should we pass a soft bounce pass to the corner. You either chuck the ball at least far enough to where if you turn it over, they have like 3 seconds to try and get a shot or be more patient. He literally passed it in right away and didn't let the inbound develop.
It just inexcusable he literally threw it in before our players even cut for it, plus we had a timeout to use as well.
We burned our last TO with 8 seconds left.



mcaggie1
Posts: 2567
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by mcaggie1 » January 18th, 2020, 11:18 pm

SLB wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:52 pm
Chupamedia wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:50 pm
The thing is both teams had to sit through the fouls and the reviews. This was lost by poor coaching and expecting 4 guys to play for two hours and not get gassed
True, but the moment changed in the game was when the fouls got crazy. Refs had more playing time than the players at the end of the 2nd half.
No. The moment the game changed was with under 6 minutes to go when we quit doing what we do best. We let the air out of the ball and just tried dribbling the clock down. Playing not to lose just about never works. We gave them all the momentum. Game over"I hope Smith learned his lesson tonight.



coolag
Posts: 1145
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 10:10 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by coolag » January 18th, 2020, 11:24 pm

Aggies gonna Aggie.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1547
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 390 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by Aggie84025 » January 18th, 2020, 11:29 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:18 pm
SLB wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:52 pm
Chupamedia wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:50 pm
The thing is both teams had to sit through the fouls and the reviews. This was lost by poor coaching and expecting 4 guys to play for two hours and not get gassed
True, but the moment changed in the game was when the fouls got crazy. Refs had more playing time than the players at the end of the 2nd half.
No. The moment the game changed was with under 6 minutes to go when we quit doing what we do best. We let the air out of the ball and just tried dribbling the clock down. Playing not to lose just about never works. We gave them all the momentum. Game over"I hope Smith learned his lesson tonight.
I agree with this, but at the same time if you look at the odds taking 25-30 seconds off the clock each possession the last 4-5 minutes up by 16 points will win you the game probably greater than 90% of the time. The problem was all the turnovers and that player got hot. We were up 16 with 3 and half minutes to go. Literally everything had to go Boise's way to win which it did, but more often than not you would win with that strategy and margin.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 985
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: I believe that we got iced by the fouls and review time

Post by ThunderAggie » January 18th, 2020, 11:32 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:29 pm
mcaggie1 wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 11:18 pm
SLB wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:52 pm
Chupamedia wrote:
January 18th, 2020, 10:50 pm
The thing is both teams had to sit through the fouls and the reviews. This was lost by poor coaching and expecting 4 guys to play for two hours and not get gassed
True, but the moment changed in the game was when the fouls got crazy. Refs had more playing time than the players at the end of the 2nd half.
No. The moment the game changed was with under 6 minutes to go when we quit doing what we do best. We let the air out of the ball and just tried dribbling the clock down. Playing not to lose just about never works. We gave them all the momentum. Game over"I hope Smith learned his lesson tonight.
I agree with this, but at the same time if you look at the odds taking 25-30 seconds off the clock each possession the last 4-5 minutes up by 16 points will win you the game probably greater than 90% of the time. The problem was all the turnovers and that player got hot. We were up 16 with 3 and half minutes to go. Literally everything had to go Boise's way to win which it did, but more often than not you would win with that strategy and margin.
Yes. The strategy wasn't awful, but the execution was. Running out the clock is what most coaches would do, it is just we had too many turnovers on press breaks and inbound and they got hot. How often is it a freshman who has not scored comes in the last 3 minutes and gets 19 points...not often. Hats off to them. Our guys did not execute and played scared. No one to blame but ourselves.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic