Question about Recruiting sons of Former players

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score & '20 FB Bowl

Question about Recruiting sons of Former players

Post by aggies1 » January 24th, 2020, 1:37 pm

We have had some great talent come through USU over the years. I happened to come across a couple of tweets recently about Quiton Rock (son of Bernard Rock). He is a senior this year in Colorado. I don't know much about his game or if he has the talent to play here, but I just looked up his recruiting profile (attached below) and it looks like he currently has 2 offers from UC Davis and Air Force. My question is this. Bernard Rock came to us as. JR College transfer but he was a fast PG who was on the last team to win a tourney game. We have had others as well. Is there anything being done to connect our current coaching staff with former players and their sons as potential players? I'm not saying we should be offering Quentin Rock because I don't know enough about him. But Does our coaching staff know about him? Are sons of former players even on the radar of our coaching staff and is there a way to make sure we do have that connection when we have a player that we really want to come here?

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/quinten-rock

2004AG

Re: Question about Recruiting sons of Former players

Post by 2004AG » January 24th, 2020, 2:04 pm

Along these same lines:

I watch Ronnie Ross's kid play for PG this week against Lone Peak. He's a 9th grader but he's starting for PG, and they are a pretty good team. He has good handles and a good shot. He weighs about 80 pounds, but when he grows up, he'll be a D1 player.

aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score & '20 FB Bowl

Post by aggies1 » January 24th, 2020, 2:15 pm

Washington State has already offered Jordan Ross as a Freshman. He will be highly sought after and will most likely be better than Ronnie was in College.
2004AG wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 2:04 pm
Along these same lines:

I watch Ronnie Ross's kid play for PG this week against Lone Peak. He's a 9th grader but he's starting for PG, and they are a pretty good team. He has good handles and a good shot. He weighs about 80 pounds, but when he grows up, he'll be a D1 player.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » January 24th, 2020, 2:41 pm

aggies1 wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 2:15 pm
Washington State has already offered Jordan Ross as a Freshman. He will be highly sought after and will most likely be better than Ronnie was in College.
2004AG wrote:
Along these same lines:

My wife chatted up Ronnie a year or so ago at the gym because he was wearing a Utah State shirt and he said he thinks his kid is going big time....like Kentucky big time. :noidea:

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » January 24th, 2020, 2:57 pm

If the kid plays PG we clearly won’t need him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post (total 3):
SweepDancetreesap32Bill_George

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 24th, 2020, 3:30 pm

2004AG wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 2:41 pm
aggies1 wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 2:15 pm
2004AG wrote:
Along these same lines:

My wife chatted up Ronnie a year or so ago at the gym because he was wearing a Utah State shirt and he said he thinks his kid is going big time....like Kentucky big time. :noidea:
This will be no surprise. Jordan Ross is definitely to be big time by the time he reaches his senior year.

Locked Previous topicNext topic