Bean

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
pablohoney
Posts: 448
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 8:45 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Bean

Post by pablohoney » February 20th, 2020, 12:43 pm

Bean had a quietly fantastic game last night, 8-13 FG, 20 pts & 14 assists. I think it was lost in how good Sam's offense was and in how good Neemi's defensive presence was, along with how remarkably bad Miller was...Bean kind of flew under the radar unnoticed. With Bean, Queta, & Sam playing well we just need consistency from the others and we can still make plenty of noise this season.
These users thanked the author pablohoney for the post (total 3):
aggies22lionheadsstrasser



User avatar
MrBiggle
Posts: 1274
Joined: October 10th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 258 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Bean

Post by MrBiggle » February 20th, 2020, 12:47 pm

Do you mean 14 rebounds?


Where only sage brush grows

User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14878
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 486 times
Contact:

Re: Bean

Post by treesap32 » February 20th, 2020, 12:48 pm

Of course, by 14 assists you mean 14 rebounds...

This was the first time that I ever remember seeing two Aggie basketball players grab 14+ rebounds in the same game. Bean ended up with 14 and Neemy 15.
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post:
sstrasser



Usu0505
Posts: 544
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has thanked: 144 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: Bean

Post by Usu0505 » February 20th, 2020, 12:51 pm

Agreed but I thought Neemy had a quieter 15 rebounds. Beans all seemed to be put backs for two points a few times when we were struggling.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16362
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 745 times
Been thanked: 684 times

Re: Bean

Post by NVAggie » February 20th, 2020, 1:05 pm

Bean has really done a good job figuring out how to make a difference with Queta in the middle.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
scotlandogsstrasser



Aggie84025
Posts: 1671
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: Bean

Post by Aggie84025 » February 20th, 2020, 1:53 pm

Bean is playing really well. He is also shooting the 3 not too bad. He is generally making about 33-35% which is not bad. He is a key for us going forward.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
Real Life Aggie



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8750
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 3616 times
Been thanked: 1879 times
Contact:

Re: Bean

Post by aggies22 » February 20th, 2020, 3:48 pm

pablohoney wrote:
February 20th, 2020, 12:43 pm
Bean had a quietly fantastic game last night, 8-13 FG, 20 pts & 14 assists. I think it was lost in how good Sam's offense was and in how good Neemi's defensive presence was, along with how remarkably bad Miller was...Bean kind of flew under the radar unnoticed. With Bean, Queta, & Sam playing well we just need consistency from the others and we can still make plenty of noise this season.
I've begun the habit of counting each of Bean's rebounds during the game just to keep track of his progress toward yet another double-double.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
Real Life Aggiesstrasser



Yossarian
Posts: 2827
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: Bean

Post by Yossarian » February 20th, 2020, 4:09 pm

aggies22 wrote:
February 20th, 2020, 3:48 pm
pablohoney wrote:
February 20th, 2020, 12:43 pm
Bean had a quietly fantastic game last night, 8-13 FG, 20 pts & 14 assists. I think it was lost in how good Sam's offense was and in how good Neemi's defensive presence was, along with how remarkably bad Miller was...Bean kind of flew under the radar unnoticed. With Bean, Queta, & Sam playing well we just need consistency from the others and we can still make plenty of noise this season.
I've begun the habit of counting each of Bean's rebounds during the game just to keep track of his progress toward yet another double-double.
Damn bean counters.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 8):
NVAggieReal Life AggieBigBlueDartBLUERUFiOaggies22sam tingeyToedAgUSU78



pablohoney
Posts: 448
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 8:45 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Bean

Post by pablohoney » February 20th, 2020, 7:34 pm

Ah yes, rebounds not assists.



Murkymerk
Posts: 249
Joined: March 31st, 2015, 10:53 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Bean

Post by Murkymerk » February 21st, 2020, 6:31 am

treesap32 wrote:
February 20th, 2020, 12:48 pm
Of course, by 14 assists you mean 14 rebounds...

This was the first time that I ever remember seeing two Aggie basketball players grab 14+ rebounds in the same game. Bean ended up with 14 and Neemy 15.
I don’t remember it happening, but my first thought was that Tai must have done that with either Wilkinson or Bendall.

Edit: I just looked, and they all three had career highs in rebounding of 14, on different nights.



User avatar
SweepDance
Posts: 397
Joined: February 7th, 2011, 12:18 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: Bean

Post by SweepDance » February 21st, 2020, 8:06 am

I feel like when Brock Miller lines up for a three Bean just runs in for the rebound and knows exactly where it's going. Great chemistry there.
These users thanked the author SweepDance for the post (total 7):
ThunderAggieTrueBlueFanpablohoneyNVAggieUsu0505sneedaggies22



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1195
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 294 times
Been thanked: 352 times

Re: Bean

Post by ThunderAggie » February 21st, 2020, 8:18 am

SweepDance wrote:
February 21st, 2020, 8:06 am
I feel like when Brock Miller lines up for a three Bean just runs in for the rebound and knows exactly where it's going. Great chemistry there.
That’s a great point. Without Miller, Bean would not have near as many double doubles. Kudos to Brick Miller for being nice enough to sacrifice a few makes so our big guys can get some rebounds.
Last edited by ThunderAggie on February 21st, 2020, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
NVAggie



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 677
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 820 times
Been thanked: 347 times

Re: Bean

Post by Real Life Aggie » February 21st, 2020, 8:31 am

Beans great score mostly came from Queta struggling to finish. He'd post up, shoot, the ball would clank out right into Bean's hands for a put back. Bean was cleaning up in a big way. Really great how they worked the pressure on Queta.



pablohoney
Posts: 448
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 8:45 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Bean

Post by pablohoney » February 21st, 2020, 8:32 am

SweepDance wrote:
February 21st, 2020, 8:06 am
I feel like when Brock Miller lines up for a three Bean just runs in for the rebound and knows exactly where it's going. Great chemistry there.
Now that is some real advanced stats analysis! The stat sheet doesn't show it but Miller is actually averaging closer to 7 assists per game. :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author pablohoney for the post:
ThunderAggie



dirtnsnow
Posts: 265
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 11:54 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Bean

Post by dirtnsnow » February 21st, 2020, 12:29 pm

pablohoney wrote:
February 21st, 2020, 8:32 am
SweepDance wrote:
February 21st, 2020, 8:06 am
I feel like when Brock Miller lines up for a three Bean just runs in for the rebound and knows exactly where it's going. Great chemistry there.
Now that is some real advanced stats analysis! The stat sheet doesn't show it but Miller is actually averaging closer to 7 assists per game. :lol: :lol:
Hey, passes have accidentally gone in the hoop before, and they still count as a basket. Shouldn't shots that are missed but put back be counted as passes? :lol:


Aggies All the Way!

Coloraggie
Posts: 1552
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 10:09 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Bean

Post by Coloraggie » February 26th, 2020, 5:01 pm

treesap32 wrote:
February 20th, 2020, 12:48 pm
Of course, by 14 assists you mean 14 rebounds...

This was the first time that I ever remember seeing two Aggie basketball players grab 14+ rebounds in the same game. Bean ended up with 14 and Neemy 15.
Not quite 14 each but against BYU in the day I believe your avatar, the one and only Silas Mills had 12 rebounds and Eric Franson had 16 rebounds. Between the two of them they had as many rebounds as the entire BYU team and we won by 20+ points.



User avatar
Lightbringer
Posts: 309
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:39 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Bean

Post by Lightbringer » February 27th, 2020, 11:46 am

Coloraggie wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 5:01 pm
treesap32 wrote:
February 20th, 2020, 12:48 pm
Of course, by 14 assists you mean 14 rebounds...

This was the first time that I ever remember seeing two Aggie basketball players grab 14+ rebounds in the same game. Bean ended up with 14 and Neemy 15.
Not quite 14 each but against BYU in the day I believe your avatar, the one and only Silas Mills had 12 rebounds and Eric Franson had 16 rebounds. Between the two of them they had as many rebounds as the entire BYU team and we won by 20+ points.
Not to highjack the thread, but is this Eric Franson the guy who's on the radio now for 1390? TIA.



Yossarian
Posts: 2827
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: Bean

Post by Yossarian » February 27th, 2020, 11:52 am

Lightbringer wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 11:46 am
Coloraggie wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 5:01 pm
treesap32 wrote:
February 20th, 2020, 12:48 pm
Of course, by 14 assists you mean 14 rebounds...

This was the first time that I ever remember seeing two Aggie basketball players grab 14+ rebounds in the same game. Bean ended up with 14 and Neemy 15.
Not quite 14 each but against BYU in the day I believe your avatar, the one and only Silas Mills had 12 rebounds and Eric Franson had 16 rebounds. Between the two of them they had as many rebounds as the entire BYU team and we won by 20+ points.
Not to highjack the thread, but is this Eric Franson the guy who's on the radio now for 1390? TIA.
No. Different guy.



utaggies
Posts: 3853
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 121 times

Re: Bean

Post by utaggies » February 27th, 2020, 12:08 pm

Franson is now a civil engineer in Utah Co.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic