USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SDSU
Troll
Posts: 179
Joined: March 16th, 2019, 1:19 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by SDSU » February 23rd, 2020, 10:24 am

We want that precious #2 seed in the west so we can annihilate Gonzaga in the elite 8. Unfortunately SDSU is still projected to get that #1 seed if they win out despite losing to UNLV

Dayton unfortunately doest't have a good enough resume to surpass sdsu for that #1 seed(since their best win was against St Marys) nd Duke got blown out by NC St. Unfortunately, BYU beat Gonzaga, Creighton will have 2 ranked wins this week, and Iowa beat another top 25 team doesn't help our cause for that #2 seed

please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament. I like this strategy Dutch is doing by intentionally losing games for that #2 seed.

its a win win situation too. USU will most likely get an at large if they do beat SDSU in the MWC tournament



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1257
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 370 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by ThunderAggie » February 23rd, 2020, 11:08 am

Dude you don’t have to cheer for us cheer for your team. I would never want usu to lose even if losing would mean 2 teams from my favorite conference making the tournament.



User avatar
SweepDance
Posts: 397
Joined: February 7th, 2011, 12:18 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by SweepDance » February 23rd, 2020, 11:20 am

I guarantee you USU will NOT get an at-large if they beat SDSU in the tournament.



FL350Aggie
Posts: 107
Joined: January 19th, 2020, 4:57 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by FL350Aggie » February 23rd, 2020, 11:38 am

SDSU wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 10:24 am
We want that precious #2 seed in the west so we can annihilate Gonzaga in the elite 8. Unfortunately SDSU is still projected to get that #1 seed if they win out despite losing to UNLV

Dayton unfortunately doest't have a good enough resume to surpass sdsu for that #1 seed(since their best win was against St Marys) nd Duke got blown out by NC St. Unfortunately, BYU beat Gonzaga, Creighton will have 2 ranked wins this week, and Iowa beat another top 25 team doesn't help our cause for that #2 seed

please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament. I like this strategy Dutch is doing by intentionally losing games for that #2 seed.

its a win win situation too. USU will most likely get an at large if they do beat SDSU in the MWC tournament
I honestly think they just blew the 1 seed. Their net dropped from 1to 5. FYI bracketology projections will be updated tomorrow. Anyhow, will you ever go away?



Blitz79
Posts: 1221
Joined: January 16th, 2011, 8:11 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by Blitz79 » February 23rd, 2020, 11:42 am

With Gonzaga losing SDSU just blew their chance to be the #1 seed in the west. Sorry dude, take care of your own business.



User avatar
OKAggie
Posts: 2406
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 213 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by OKAggie » February 23rd, 2020, 11:44 am

FL350Aggie wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 11:38 am
SDSU wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 10:24 am
We want that precious #2 seed in the west so we can annihilate Gonzaga in the elite 8. Unfortunately SDSU is still projected to get that #1 seed if they win out despite losing to UNLV

Dayton unfortunately doest't have a good enough resume to surpass sdsu for that #1 seed(since their best win was against St Marys) nd Duke got blown out by NC St. Unfortunately, BYU beat Gonzaga, Creighton will have 2 ranked wins this week, and Iowa beat another top 25 team doesn't help our cause for that #2 seed

please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament. I like this strategy Dutch is doing by intentionally losing games for that #2 seed.

its a win win situation too. USU will most likely get an at large if they do beat SDSU in the MWC tournament
I honestly think they just blew the 1 seed. Their net dropped from 1to 5. FYI bracketology projections will be updated tomorrow. Anyhow, will you ever go away?
Not if you keep responding to him.


Nobody here knows anything.

Usu0505
Posts: 548
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by Usu0505 » February 23rd, 2020, 11:52 am

He wants and is for intentionally losing. That says all you need to know about this person.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



FL350Aggie
Posts: 107
Joined: January 19th, 2020, 4:57 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by FL350Aggie » February 23rd, 2020, 12:06 pm

Not if you keep responding to him.
[/quote]

Agreed, but its sorta of like teasing a little kid. Entertaining at times.



SDSU
Troll
Posts: 179
Joined: March 16th, 2019, 1:19 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by SDSU » February 23rd, 2020, 2:04 pm

FL350Aggie wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 11:38 am
SDSU wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 10:24 am
We want that precious #2 seed in the west so we can annihilate Gonzaga in the elite 8. Unfortunately SDSU is still projected to get that #1 seed if they win out despite losing to UNLV

Dayton unfortunately doest't have a good enough resume to surpass sdsu for that #1 seed(since their best win was against St Marys) nd Duke got blown out by NC St. Unfortunately, BYU beat Gonzaga, Creighton will have 2 ranked wins this week, and Iowa beat another top 25 team doesn't help our cause for that #2 seed

please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament. I like this strategy Dutch is doing by intentionally losing games for that #2 seed.

its a win win situation too. USU will most likely get an at large if they do beat SDSU in the MWC tournament
I honestly think they just blew the 1 seed. Their net dropped from 1to 5. FYI bracketology projections will be updated tomorrow. Anyhow, will you ever go away?
Lunardi and Palm still has SDSU as a #1 seed(presuming SDSU finishes 31-1.

The gap between the #1 seeds to the #2 seeds is just too large. No chance Dayton is the #1 seed, they simply don't have any legitimate quality wins outside of St Mary's.



SDSU
Troll
Posts: 179
Joined: March 16th, 2019, 1:19 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by SDSU » February 23rd, 2020, 2:11 pm

Actually, i'm going to retract what i said.

Gonzaga got blown out by @BYU, the same team SDSU beat at their home floor. Also, 3 of gonzaga's quality wins (colorado, Arizona, and Oregon) lost. Which means they will only have 1-2 wins against the top 25, whereas SDSU's quality wins(Creighton, BYU, and Iowa) ALL won against ranked opponents(#2 Gonzaga, #25 ohio St, #14 Seton hall and #21 Butler)

NVM, SDSU doesn't need USU help to get a location advantage.

Have fun in the NIT Tournament. Take home the NIT trophy!

:)



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1257
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 370 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by ThunderAggie » February 23rd, 2020, 2:19 pm

SDSU wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 2:11 pm

Have fun in the NIT Tournament. Take home the NIT trophy!

:)
Man I can’t wait for the MW tournament. By the way, you got some balls of steel to come on our message board and say something like that.

You are the definition of a troll.



Bank Shot
Posts: 407
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 154 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by Bank Shot » February 23rd, 2020, 2:23 pm

Earlier in the year, regarding NET, he says "exactly and it's the ONLY metric that matter. SDSU is the #1 team in the country. The same way the CFP ranking is the only ranking that matter when selecting the 4 CFP spots." Now that they are #5 he says it doesn't matter.

Funny how trolls always keep yapping until they contradict themselves.



SDSU
Troll
Posts: 179
Joined: March 16th, 2019, 1:19 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by SDSU » February 23rd, 2020, 2:24 pm

actually, i think they get a First four invite if they simply lose to SDSU.

however, they are lock for the NIT as a #1 seed

not trolling, i'm just reminding you the truth. I'm not here to provoke anyone if what i'm saying are is the probable truth.

MW tournament, SDSU will easily win by blowout in every game. SDSU is really angry from that least defeat. SDSU i sn't like Nevada from last season where they faltered hard at th eend.



SDSU
Troll
Posts: 179
Joined: March 16th, 2019, 1:19 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by SDSU » February 23rd, 2020, 2:28 pm

btw, what's with ppl getting offended by an NIT invite? Just by making the NIT is a major accomplishment within itself relative to USU's expectations. Me encouraging for USU to win the NIT goes above and beyond expectations.

in my opinion, a first four invite and losing is not as good as an NIT title



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 7543
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 417 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by FloridaAggie13 » February 23rd, 2020, 2:45 pm

SDSU wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 2:28 pm
btw, what's with ppl getting offended by an NIT invite? Just by making the NIT is a major accomplishment within itself relative to USU's expectations. Me encouraging for USU to win the NIT goes above and beyond expectations.

in my opinion, a first four invite and losing is not as good as an NIT title
What tournament did SDSU go to last year?



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1154
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by scotlandog » February 23rd, 2020, 3:37 pm

In reality, Dayton is a better team on paper and I think a better team overall compared to SDSU. They are 4-2 in Q1 with losses to Kansas and Colorado and no losses outside Q1. Their wins are comparable to SDSU. SDSU has Creighton on a neutral site which is a great win but they played BYU without Childs. After that, Iowa and USU are the next best wins. Dayton has St Mary’s, Richmond, VCU, and another Q1 game at Rhode Island. SDSU’s loss to UNLV is a Q3 loss and by no means should they be a #1 seed. I think they are already at a 2 seed and they can’t recover unless the others lose a bunch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post:
ThunderAggie



SDSU
Troll
Posts: 179
Joined: March 16th, 2019, 1:19 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by SDSU » February 24th, 2020, 12:37 am

scotlandog wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 3:37 pm
In reality, Dayton is a better team on paper and I think a better team overall compared to SDSU. They are 4-2 in Q1 with losses to Kansas and Colorado and no losses outside Q1. Their wins are comparable to SDSU. SDSU has Creighton on a neutral site which is a great win but they played BYU without Childs. After that, Iowa and USU are the next best wins. Dayton has St Mary’s, Richmond, VCU, and another Q1 game at Rhode Island. SDSU’s loss to UNLV is a Q3 loss and by no means should they be a #1 seed. I think they are already at a 2 seed and they can’t recover unless the others lose a bunch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
did you not watch the ncaa pre selection show a week and a half ago? They put heavy emphasis on quality wins. not all QUAD 1 wins are made equal.

Dayton's best win is against St Mary's, a team that might not even make the NCAA tournament.

SDSU beat Creighton by 31 points on the road. Yes, the same creighton team who's #15 but will soon to be top 8 due to the fact that they beat two ranked opponents this week(Butler and Seton hall)
SDSU beat @BYU. The team that blew out #2 Gonzaga yesterday.
SDSU beat Iowa by double digits. Who recently beat #25 Ohio St.

that loss to UNLV by 3 pts is easily offset since all of SDSU's quality wins have beaten ranked opponents this past week.

Childs not being on the BYU roster when SDSU beat them won't be taken into account. A road win is a road win .



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1154
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by scotlandog » February 24th, 2020, 1:27 am

BYU: Childs not being on the team will surely be taken into account. They talk about teams losing and winning without a critical player. That is a consideration that they discuss and potentially discount. BYU was not a good team until Childs came back and is absolutely critical to their teams success and their victory over Gonzaga.

Hahaha. The NET ranking is all powerful isn’t it? You’ve been over here pounding the point the NET is the only thing that matters? Right?

Dayton’s Q1 wins are all quality wins and comparable to SDSUs wins. They may be a little less rated which is why SDSU was ranked 1 in the NET and Dayton is ranked 4. But Dayton has ZERO losses outside of Q1. Not all Q1 wins are equal, yes, but guarantee that ZERO Q3 losses is infinitely better than your HOME-COURT loss to UNLV.

You can argue all you want about how your wins had such a big week and pound your chest but the NCAA agrees with me. Dayton’s NET ranking is 4. SDSUs is 5. Dayton should be the 1 seed and is better than SDSU.

I also find it really funny that you are on a USU board trying to convince us that SDSU is better than Dayton. Maybe you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves and forgot to do what really matters... playing basketball. You should try and get your team to focus before they take anymore Q3 losses and then worry about #1 Dayton if your #2 seed is on their side of the bracket.



SDSU
Troll
Posts: 179
Joined: March 16th, 2019, 1:19 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by SDSU » February 24th, 2020, 3:39 am

scotlandog wrote:
February 24th, 2020, 1:27 am
BYU: Childs not being on the team will surely be taken into account. They talk about teams losing and winning without a critical player. That is a consideration that they discuss and potentially discount. BYU was not a good team until Childs came back and is absolutely critical to their teams success and their victory over Gonzaga.
SDSU beat @BYU, Gonzaga got blown out @BYU. That determines who gets the WEST region. They don't micromanage if childs played 1 min, or 25 min or 0 mins in any particular game to see if that "W" against BYU gets mitigated.
scotlandog wrote:
February 24th, 2020, 1:27 am
Hahaha. The NET ranking is all powerful isn’t it? You’ve been over here pounding the point the NET is the only thing that matters? Right?
after watching the pre-selection show a week and a half ago, i instantly ignored NET ranking thereafter. #1 in NET SDSU yet they put sdsu as the 4th #1 seed in the east. All they babbled out is quality wins
scotlandog wrote:
February 24th, 2020, 1:27 am
Dayton’s Q1 wins are all quality wins and comparable to SDSUs wins. They may be a little less rated which is why SDSU was ranked 1 in the NET and Dayton is ranked 4. But Dayton has ZERO losses outside of Q1. Not all Q1 wins are equal, yes, but guarantee that ZERO Q3 losses is infinitely better than your HOME-COURT loss to UNLV.
uh no, beating Creighton by 31 pts on the ROAD is different than beating #75 St Louis @ st :Louis home floor., SDSU has wins against 3 teams in the top 25. One of which(Creighton) who will rank up to #7 or #8 since they beat Butler and Seton Hall in one week. BYU will rank up after beating gonzaga and so will Iowa after beating #25 Ohio st.
scotlandog wrote:
February 24th, 2020, 1:27 am
You can argue all you want about how your wins had such a big week and pound your chest but the NCAA agrees with me. Dayton’s NET ranking is 4. SDSUs is 5. Dayton should be the 1 seed and is better than SDSU.

I also find it really funny that you are on a USU board trying to convince us that SDSU is better than Dayton. Maybe you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves and forgot to do what really matters... playing basketball. You should try and get your team to focus before they take anymore Q3 losses and then worry about #1 Dayton if your #2 seed is on their side of the bracket.
LoL, i'm not arguing, just posting observable facts. SDSU has 3 quality wins in the top 15. What does Dayton have? St Mary's and St Louis, both of which are low end Q1 wins.


30-2 Dayton will not jump 31-1 SDSU for that #1 seed in selection sunday. As a matter of fact. I don't think Gonzaga is above SDSU TBh since they also lost this weekend(by blowout at that) to the team SDSU beat.

i'm fairly confident SDSU, if thtey win their remaining games, will get the #1 seed in the west

If however SDSU gets snubbed and a .0000001% chance Dayton gets that final #1 seed. SDSu will get #2 seed in the west. So it's basically WIN WIN.



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 946
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 472 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » February 24th, 2020, 5:04 am

Literally no one:

SDSU fan: We want that precious #2 seed in the west so we can annihilate Gonzaga in the elite 8. Unfortunately SDSU is still projected to get that #1 seed if they win out despite losing to UNLV Dayton unfortunately doest't have a good enough resume to surpass sdsu for that #1 seed(since their best win was against St Marys) nd Duke got blown out by NC St. Unfortunately, BYU beat Gonzaga, Creighton will have 2 ranked wins this week, and Iowa beat another top 25 team doesn't help our cause for that #2 seed please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament. I like this strategy Dutch is doing by intentionally losing games for that #2 seed. its a win win situation too. USU will most likely get an at large if they do beat SDSU in the MWC tournament



SaintAggie
Posts: 432
Joined: March 15th, 2013, 7:46 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by SaintAggie » February 24th, 2020, 7:27 am

LoL, i'm not arguing, just posting observable facts. SDSU has 3 quality wins in the top 15. What does Dayton have? St Mary's and St Louis, both of which are low end Q1 wins.
Well it appears they have that oh so sweet #4 NET rating



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 725
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 236 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by Sl7vk » February 24th, 2020, 8:18 am

Normally I'd be pulling for SDSU in the NCAA tourny given our conference affiliation......



User avatar
WAaggieFan
Posts: 3200
Joined: June 27th, 2013, 9:02 pm
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: USU, please beat SDSU in the MWC tournament

Post by WAaggieFan » February 24th, 2020, 12:27 pm

Only one thing worse than a BYU fan/troll. Enter the asstouches. The year was 2012 and the MWC had 4 bids to the tourney. Their official student section (the Rock or something like that?) officially tweets out their glee as their fellow conference mates all go down in the first round. After that many considered the MW overrated and over represented by RPI and the conference hasn’t been able to get back to their former post season glory. Total tools and this tool is following their standard tool template. Don’t feed it y’all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author WAaggieFan for the post (total 2):
Real Life AggieFloridaAggie13



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic