Tickets for the Semifinals

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
andytheaggie
Posts: 292
Joined: November 20th, 2010, 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 12 times

Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by andytheaggie » March 6th, 2020, 9:37 am

I'm sure this gets brought up every year, but thought I'd ask again. I'm looking for tickets for the game tonight. On Stubhub, I'm seeing prices around $60/seat. We only paid $20/seat for the quarter finals last night through stubhub.

I'm wondering if we should just pull the trigger and get the $60 tickets, or if anyone else has had good luck buying from scalpers outside the stadium. I realize that the ticket price will drop significantly as it gets closer to our game. We are hoping to show up in time for the last 10 mins or so of the first game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5356
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 370 times
Been thanked: 609 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 6th, 2020, 9:49 am

If you want to go the cheap route, your best bet is to wait outside the arena when the Boise & SDSU game is over.

Fans will leave in hordes. Just start asking people for their tickets because a ticket is good for both games.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
OKAggie
Posts: 2407
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 214 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by OKAggie » March 6th, 2020, 10:03 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 9:49 am
If you want to go the cheap route, your best bet is to wait outside the arena when the Boise & SDSU game is over.

Fans will leave in hordes. Just start asking people for their tickets because a ticket is good for both games.
Are you sure you can come back in after a ticket is scanned? I thought in the pregame announcement that there was no reentry.


Nobody here knows anything.

boyblue
Posts: 78
Joined: February 20th, 2011, 4:23 pm
Location: Southeast Idaho
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by boyblue » March 6th, 2020, 10:10 am

I bought them from a scalper after last nights game for 35 in the lower bowl.



Dkdavis
Posts: 154
Joined: January 28th, 2019, 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by Dkdavis » March 6th, 2020, 10:13 am

OKAggie wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 10:03 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 9:49 am
If you want to go the cheap route, your best bet is to wait outside the arena when the Boise & SDSU game is over.

Fans will leave in hordes. Just start asking people for their tickets because a ticket is good for both games.
Are you sure you can come back in after a ticket is scanned? I thought in the pregame announcement that there was no reentry.
Seems too risky to me. They don’t allow reentry but you could get lucky and they let you in. My parents walked out yesterday then decided to watch the Wyoming game and they luckily let them back in, but their story was believable because they were decked out in aggie gear.



User avatar
TrueAggieman
Posts: 391
Joined: August 7th, 2011, 11:41 pm
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by TrueAggieman » March 6th, 2020, 10:23 am

Are they selling upper bowl tickets? We’re thinking we might wait to buy them until tonight, but we want to make sure it doesn’t sell out. Obviously the lower bowl could sell out, but I doubt the upper bowl will if those tickets are for sale. I ask because it didn’t seem like anybody was up there last night.
Last edited by TrueAggieman on March 6th, 2020, 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.


Utah State Hey Aggies all the way! Go Aggies! Go Aggies! Hey! Hey! Hey!

User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 730
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by Sl7vk » March 6th, 2020, 10:25 am

I've found vivid seats to be much cheaper than stubhub.



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12653
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 565 times
Been thanked: 648 times
Contact:

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by ProvoAggie » March 6th, 2020, 10:29 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 9:49 am
If you want to go the cheap route, your best bet is to wait outside the arena when the Boise & SDSU game is over.

Fans will leave in hordes. Just start asking people for their tickets because a ticket is good for both games.
They don't allow re-entry at all so buying an already used ticket isn't a good idea.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5356
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 370 times
Been thanked: 609 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 6th, 2020, 10:32 am

Wow that's good to know. I had no idea they don't allow re entry.



utaggies
Posts: 4136
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 127 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by utaggies » March 6th, 2020, 10:44 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 10:29 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 9:49 am
If you want to go the cheap route, your best bet is to wait outside the arena when the Boise & SDSU game is over.

Fans will leave in hordes. Just start asking people for their tickets because a ticket is good for both games.
They don't allow re-entry at all so buying an already used ticket isn't a good idea.
That’s not my experience. I left during a session to go to my car and re-entered. No problem. The scanner recognized that I had already entered once but the ticket scanner ushered me through. The same thing happened with parking when we left to go eat between sessions. The parking pass was good for the whole day. Same with a single session ticket.



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12653
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 565 times
Been thanked: 648 times
Contact:

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by ProvoAggie » March 6th, 2020, 10:49 am

utaggies wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 10:44 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 10:29 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 9:49 am
If you want to go the cheap route, your best bet is to wait outside the arena when the Boise & SDSU game is over.

Fans will leave in hordes. Just start asking people for their tickets because a ticket is good for both games.
They don't allow re-entry at all so buying an already used ticket isn't a good idea.
That’s not my experience. I left during a session to go to my car and re-entered. No problem. The scanner recognized that I had already entered once but the ticket scanner ushered me through. The same thing happened with parking when we left to go eat between sessions. The parking pass was good for the whole day. Same with a single session ticket.
You may have gotten lucky. There are signs that say that they don't allow re-entry and it's also been announced a few times.



sneed
Posts: 833
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 2:32 am
Has thanked: 895 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by sneed » March 6th, 2020, 11:04 am

I used tick pick yesterday (about $20 / session). I paid $45 from a scalper for today’s. $60 seems high. I would try a scalper and just buy at the arena (ticket office) if you can’t get them for less than $50 online. If you don’t mind being late to SDSU you might get a better deal from a scalper. Championship game on tick pick wasn’t bad - about $30.



spud
Posts: 10
Joined: December 1st, 2010, 8:06 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by spud » March 6th, 2020, 4:23 pm

Got 2 extra tickets for tonight if some of you coming tonight want them I will meet you there.

45 each. Super deal!!! Row 6 in corner.



pilotaggie
Posts: 574
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by pilotaggie » March 6th, 2020, 4:43 pm

Scalpers were asking 40 last night.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

Aggie-Man
Posts: 233
Joined: December 10th, 2016, 3:45 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by Aggie-Man » March 6th, 2020, 5:01 pm

Yep friends bought 2 last nite. $40 ea.



sneed
Posts: 833
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 2:32 am
Has thanked: 895 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by sneed » March 6th, 2020, 5:19 pm

Down to $38 on tick pick - no fees.



spud
Posts: 10
Joined: December 1st, 2010, 8:06 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by spud » March 6th, 2020, 5:42 pm

Just sold mine easily for 45 each.



FormerlyVegasAggie71
Posts: 218
Joined: April 16th, 2018, 10:05 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by FormerlyVegasAggie71 » March 6th, 2020, 6:46 pm

they are going fast on vividseats. Only 3 tickets left rn. I'm going to head down before the Aggie game and give scalping a try. Wish me luck, lol.



andytheaggie
Posts: 292
Joined: November 20th, 2010, 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by andytheaggie » March 6th, 2020, 8:27 pm

Ended up getting our tickets on tickpick, thanks everyone for the advice. Tickets were $30/each, but I had to buy all 4 (only 3 in my party). If anyone needs a single ticket, let me know. I'm happy to give it for free.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro



andytheaggie
Posts: 292
Joined: November 20th, 2010, 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Tickets for the Semifinals

Post by andytheaggie » March 6th, 2020, 9:11 pm

andytheaggie wrote:Ended up getting our tickets on tickpick, thanks everyone for the advice. Tickets were $30/each, but I had to buy all 4 (only 3 in my party). If anyone needs a single ticket, let me know. I'm happy to give it for free.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'll just leave this here in case anyone needs a last minute ticket.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic