(SDSU/USU) whoever gets furthest in the NCAA tournament is the best team in the MWC

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SDSU
Troll

Re: (SDSU/USU) whoever gets furthest in the NCAA tournament is the best team in the MWC

Post by SDSU » March 12th, 2020, 1:09 am

Of course every bracketologists have baylor and dayton as a 1 seed. They are assuming they are going to win the big 12/A10 tournament.

Here are the scenarios

Dayton wins A10 tourney and Baylor wins B12 Tourney=Both will be #1 seed, SDSU will be #2 seed
Dayton wins A10 tourney but Baylor doesn't win big 12 tourney=Dayton and SDSu is #1 seed, Baylor is #2 seed
Dayton doesn't win A10 tourney=both SDSU and Baylor will be #1 seed(regardless if Baylor doesn't win the big 12 tourney)

SDSU is #4 in NET, baylor is #5 in NET.

There's absolutely NO chance a non big 12 champ, non big 12 tournament champ, FIVE loss(including a Q3 loss to TCU by blowout) regardless of their 10 Q1 wins will get the #1 seed.

SDSU
Troll

Re: (SDSU/USU) whoever gets furthest in the NCAA tournament is the best team in the MWC

Post by SDSU » March 12th, 2020, 1:13 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 10:09 pm
@SDSU Well, USU made it into the tournament. You haven't.

So, unless things change... guess who got the furthest in the tourney? We did. Looks like SDSU will just have to play second fiddle again.
The lone and final team to represent the mountain west conference in the NCAA tournament is the best team in the mountain west conference PERIOD. No ifs, ands or but. The NCAA tournament is the NCAA tournament. That tournament will dictate who the best team in the country is.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » March 12th, 2020, 8:03 am

NVAggie wrote:I'm not going to let one troll spoil my feelings about SDSU and their fans. I will be cheering for them in the NC2As. They are our conference mates, and I like their players.
Remember that year the Sam Diogo St student section accounts trolled the entire conference when 4 teams got bids and all but the asstouch team got eliminated in the first round? It’s not just this troll.... this one just has the distinction of recency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aggieforlife

Post by Aggieforlife » March 12th, 2020, 6:33 pm

SDSU wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 1:13 am
Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 10:09 pm
@SDSU Well, USU made it into the tournament. You haven't.

So, unless things change... guess who got the furthest in the tourney? We did. Looks like SDSU will just have to play second fiddle again.
The lone and final team to represent the mountain west conference in the NCAA tournament is the best team in the mountain west conference PERIOD. No ifs, ands or but. The NCAA tournament is the NCAA tournament. That tournament will dictate who the best team in the country is.
My 2 thoughts

Thought 1: As it stands USU is the only team from the mountain west that is OFFICIALLY in the tournament, whether it we actually get to play or not is a different question. USU>SDSU

Thought 2: Unless my memory deceives me SDSU seemed to be absent from the NCAA tournament last year, making USU the team that has most recently advanced furthest in the NCAA tournament. USU>SDSU
These users thanked the author Aggieforlife for the post:
brownjeans

Locked Previous topicNext topic