I dont want this seed/match-up

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AKAggie03

I dont want this seed/match-up

Post by AKAggie03 » March 8th, 2020, 8:13 pm

West virginia has beaten some great teams this season.

--For every Aggie victory, I'm going streaking on the quad!

Yossarian

Re: I dont want this seed/match-up

Post by Yossarian » March 8th, 2020, 8:20 pm

This is just like the people that scrutinize whether the Aggie football team catches a P-5 team in a down year and play the "what if..." scenario game where they compare the USU opponent to one another G-5 team played and beat.

Eventually USU is going to have tio just win one of those games. At this point, any opponent is going to be good. USU will just have to be better.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
Jjoey52

Eutaw St. Aggie

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 8th, 2020, 8:28 pm

Yossarian wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 8:20 pm
This is just like the people that scrutinize whether the Aggie football team catches a P-5 team in a down year and play the "what if..." scenario game where they compare the USU opponent to one another G-5 team played and beat.

Eventually USU is going to have tio just win one of those games. At this point, any opponent is going to be good. USU will just have to be better.
Yeah, unless we’re in the 8/9 game, our opponent is probably going to look better than us on paper. Just the way it is.

AKAggie03

Post by AKAggie03 » March 8th, 2020, 8:33 pm

True true. Just win baby! Just win!

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » March 8th, 2020, 8:35 pm

Is there any chance the committee matches us up against YBU? Seems like our projected seeds could drift into each other

Not sent from Tapatalk

AKAggie03

Post by AKAggie03 » March 8th, 2020, 8:42 pm

Lunardi just updated his.... moved us to midwest. 7/10 matchup vs w.virginia.

dogie

Post by dogie » March 8th, 2020, 8:42 pm

trevordude wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 8:35 pm
Is there any chance the committee matches us up against YBU? Seems like our projected seeds could drift into each other
I don’t think they will pair two teams in the first round if they already played each other. I think that might extend to the first two rounds.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » March 8th, 2020, 10:13 pm

Yossarian wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 8:20 pm

Some thoughts:
1. It is fact that not all P5 football teams are equal and that some are going to be better and more beatable than others.
2. It is fact that we haven't caught too many P5 teams when they aren't quite at the top, LSU this year an exception, but we also haven't been lucky enough to catch too many P5 teams that are bad, Wake Forest when they came to Logan an exception.
3. Basketball Teams seeded in a similar range are going to be more similar to one another than two random P5 football teams.
4. With both football P5 games and basketball tournament games, it is fact we can't control if teams are down or up and just need to execute which we can control. We have had opportunities which we needed to take advantage of and didn't
5. There are SOME G5 over P5 football upsets that DO happen cause the P5 team is awful and worse than the P5 teams we play. But others happen the G5 is better than us, but all happen cause the G5 make the plays and good coaching decisions like we don't and need to start doing in the future.
6. Still on football, we have been able to beat some teams that beat P5 teams so it's not like we are just blowing smoke saying that there are certain P5 teams certain years we would have been able to beat
7. Finally, back to basketball, San Diego State on paper is as bad of a matchup as any team we would face 6 or lower, so let's just reverse the trend for both sports and start with getting the win this year.
8. We don't have to better than our opponent all year, just for 40 minutes! Our 2001 team would not have won a 7 game series against Ohio State, and you name the upset, there are very few if any you will find where the underdog would win a 7 game series. Like the Jazz in the 90s, they were able to get a few wins against the Bulls in the Finals, just not 4. It sure would have been alot easier for them to pull out all the stops to win 1 game than 4.

Locked Previous topicNext topic