Who you feel bad for

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Who you feel bad for

Post by GameFAQSAggie » March 13th, 2020, 2:58 pm

While this is sad for us and Sam in particular selfishly, there are other schools you feel worse for. Like Boston University and Rutgers were going to go back after a long drought. And it can be debated until we turn blue in the face how many games we would have won, we were never going to win the championship and there are other schools who would have had a more realistic shot at the whole thing than us you feel worse for. I second someone in another thread that pointed out you feel bad for Dayton cause they aren't going to be able to reload the way Kansas is. There are similarly San Diego State and Creighton you feel bad for that while they won't have hard time remaining solid teams, will have a hard time getting back to the top nationally. Even though Baylor and Seton Hall are P5s, they are going to have a harder time staying at the top than a Kansas or Kentucky.

You feel bad for the ushers and police officers that would have the good assignments inside the arena behind the team benches or on the courtside that would get to watch the games, but not so much the ones stuck in hallways or by the doors outside of sight of competition or outside the arena directing traffic.

In the 13 cities, you feel bad for the people that work at the dining in restaurants that get paid by how busy it is, but not so much the ones that work in fast food restaurants that get paid an hourly wage rather it's slow or busy. You feel bad for the hotel managers who get a bonus depending on how booked the rooms are, but not so much the cleaners who get to go home earlier if they don't have to scramble to clean all the fans and teams rooms. You feel bad for the rental car companies who aren't booking out cars for the tournament(both in the host cities for fans who would fly in, and cities of the schools for fans who would rent cars for long drives) but not so much the hourly workers who don't have to do as much work cleaning cars after they are turned in.

You feel bad for the hometown Gonzaga fans that won't get to see them play in their hometown the year it's there and they would have gotten to play there, and YES, the NCAA would have let them play there since the host is Washington State which they do for and ONLY for that specfic reason, Gonzaga being allowed to play there.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

UStateTim

Re: Who you feel bad for

Post by UStateTim » March 13th, 2020, 3:22 pm

I feel bad for us because I truly believe we could beat anyone in the country. I've never felt that way about a USU team until this one, especially with how wide open college basketball was this year.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 13th, 2020, 4:16 pm

I actually truly believe we could have made a run. I honestly never believed we could before at least in the modern era. We have a great team and were battle tested with huge neutral site wins. If you would tell me on Earth 2 where this tournament happened we made the Elite 8 I wouldn't have doubted it for a second. That may seem like blue colored goggles, but trust me. I was always pessimistic about our chances in the dance even last year. That is why this year stings so bad.

As for other teams, sure it will always be hard for everyone. There is a giant "what if" that will follow every player around as well as the fanbases of every school who was in the tournament and even some that were close to qualifying but their tourney got cancelled.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 13th, 2020, 4:20 pm

UStateTim wrote:
March 13th, 2020, 3:22 pm
I feel bad for us because I truly believe we could beat anyone in the country. I've never felt that way about a USU team until this one, especially with how wide open college basketball was this year.
Yep. Think about it. This year could have seen 3 of the 4 one seeds going to teams from mid majors and we just beat one. You are telling me there is no way we could have beat Gonzaga? They are a good team like every year, but they lost to byu and a mediocre michigan team. Dayton? Great team with a top 3 draft pick, but they played close games with George Mason and other mediocre to below average A 10 teams. If we got them on the right night, we would certainly give them a game. We beat SDSU. There is nobody in this tournament that would be a lock to beat us on a neutral court. Would we win the tournament? Doubtful of course. Could we win a few games? Very possible. Sad we'll never know.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 13th, 2020, 4:31 pm

I feel bad for me. I don't have anything to do.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 6):
SweepDanceProvoAggieUSU78hipsterdoofus21BLUERUFiObluegrouse

SweepDance

Post by SweepDance » March 13th, 2020, 4:37 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 13th, 2020, 4:31 pm
I feel bad for me. I don't have anything to do.
Seriously. Guess I'll have to spend time with my kids?
These users thanked the author SweepDance for the post:
aggies22

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 13th, 2020, 5:04 pm

You think they feel bad for us? This is a zero sum game. Woe is us.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
aggies22

lionhead

Post by lionhead » March 13th, 2020, 5:34 pm

For the young men on the team. This is a moment in time they will never forget....good and bad.
These users thanked the author lionhead for the post:
AggieFBObsession

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 13th, 2020, 8:18 pm

I feel bad for the SDSU troll. What kind of sad life does this guy have to want to spend his days on this board trying to spark weak arguments?
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
Usu0505

kofdog

Post by kofdog » March 13th, 2020, 10:56 pm

I feel bad for all the dudes that scheduled vasectomies so they can be home to watch March Madness :).
(That’s a real thing, google it)
These users thanked the author kofdog for the post (total 2):
aggies22TheAKAggie

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 13th, 2020, 11:13 pm

kofdog wrote:
March 13th, 2020, 10:56 pm
I feel bad for all the dudes that scheduled vasectomies so they can be home to watch March Madness :).
It was almost me, true story.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » March 14th, 2020, 1:07 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 13th, 2020, 11:13 pm
kofdog wrote:
March 13th, 2020, 10:56 pm
It was almost me, true story.
I thought about doing that this year but held off. I’ll probably wait until college football season now.
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post (total 2):
aggies22AggieFBObsession

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » March 14th, 2020, 6:48 am

If I didn't hate espn so much I would almost feel bad for them. I mean, what is their programming schedule looking like for the next unforeseeable future? A bunch of reruns of old games? No thanks. Also, what is sports center going to talk about (I mean, they already talk politics so maybe it won't be such an adjustment to become another "news" station)?

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 14th, 2020, 7:27 am

YouEssYou wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 6:48 am
If I didn't hate espn so much I would almost feel bad for them. I mean, what is their programming schedule looking like for the next unforeseeable future? A bunch of reruns of old games? No thanks. Also, what is sports center going to talk about (I mean, they already talk politics so maybe it won't be such an adjustment to become another "news" station)?
The programming should actually improve. Now the can air their library of 30 for 30's, many of which are pretty good and their SEC Stories, which are also pretty good.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » March 14th, 2020, 7:32 am

YouEssYou wrote:If I didn't hate espn so much I would almost feel bad for them. I mean, what is their programming schedule looking like for the next unforeseeable future? A bunch of reruns of old games? No thanks. Also, what is sports center going to talk about (I mean, they already talk politics so maybe it won't be such an adjustment to become another "news" station)?
I am sorry they hurt you. I hope you can find peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 14th, 2020, 9:13 am

From the looks of it we’ll be analyzing each possible Tom Brady scenario one by one and how Rudy Gobert spontaneously contracted and introduced Covid19 to the sporting world. All opinion and no real knowledge about either situation.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 14th, 2020, 9:57 am

gamfaqsaggie, this is a great post from you. Very thoughtful.

That's the problem with Covid-19. It's going to create a lot of financial problems for the entire world, not just a few people and let alone the deaths.

We have only seen the tip of the iceberg in terms of the domino effect.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 14th, 2020, 11:10 am

YouEssYou wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 6:48 am
Except ESPN programming this time of year already always sucks because they don't have the TV rights for the games.

SLB

Post by SLB » March 14th, 2020, 11:25 am

A number of colleges in all sports effected. The other folks feel for the minor league baseball players only major league action is in Spring Training.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » March 14th, 2020, 2:44 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 9:13 am
From the looks of it we’ll be analyzing each possible Tom Brady scenario one by one and how Rudy Gobert spontaneously contracted and introduced Covid19 to the sporting world. All opinion and no real knowledge about either situation.
Although some Tom Brady scenarios would be immediately eliminated based on teams already having a starting quarterback. Like the scenario of him going to the Bills, Packers or Chiefs can be thrown out right away. I still remember when there was speculation over where Peyton Manning would leave the Colts for, before he eventually went to Denver, that 1280 went through every single NFL team and how likely they would be to sign him. And for instance got to Giants and were like "No, they're not going to bring him in to compete with his brother" and got to Green Bay and said they weren't going to give Aaron Rodgers his walking papers to bring him in.

Locked Previous topicNext topic