Question for 22

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
bpd

Question for 22

Post by bpd » March 23rd, 2020, 8:32 pm

How is the coaching staff recruiting and using their policy of no offers till on campus at this time? In reality, recruits will not be able to be on campus for a long time and many recruits are making decisions without visiting at other schools.

Some of this is just speculation but I think our top 3 right now are: Favors, Brown from Grand Canyon, and Kelley.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: Question for 22

Post by aggies22 » March 23rd, 2020, 10:12 pm

bpd wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 8:32 pm
How is the coaching staff recruiting and using their policy of no offers till on campus at this time? In reality, recruits will not be able to be on campus for a long time and many recruits are making decisions without visiting at other schools.

Some of this is just speculation but I think our top 3 right now are: Favors, Brown from Grand Canyon, and Kelley.
I would imagine that like all the other schools in the country our coaching staff is facing some very difficult challenges when it comes to recruiting. Obviously, official visits are out the window for the foreseeable future, so other tactics are going to need to be employed.

However, contrary to previous reports we have NOT contacted Farron Flavors and Isaiah Brown. We HAVE contacted Rich Kelly.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » March 23rd, 2020, 10:35 pm

Some people will think it hurts us that we aren't able to recruit, but in reality, it's a wash cause our competition is hampered too.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
aggies22

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 23rd, 2020, 10:49 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 10:35 pm
Some people will think it hurts us that we aren't able to recruit, but in reality, it's a wash cause our competition is hampered too.
Sure, but one of the biggest benefits is our fanbase and how exciting the games can be. I think this is a significant draw compared to the same thing at other schools. But, you need to experience it to get it. Looking from 30,000 feet up, there aren't many benefits to Logan when people from bigger, cooler cities come recruiting.

ususports

Post by ususports » March 23rd, 2020, 10:54 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 10:49 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
Sure, but one of the biggest benefits is our fanbase and how exciting the games can be. I think this is a significant draw compared to the same thing at other schools. But, you need to experience it to get it. Looking from 30,000 feet up, there aren't many benefits to Logan when people from bigger, cooler cities come recruiting.
Yes, and now recruits won’t be able to experience our spring football game that was scheduled to be on a Thursday night. They easily would have committed on the spot when they saw all 5 available fans at Maverik stadium that night.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 23rd, 2020, 11:05 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
I don't really think it's a wash. We are at a definite disadvantage right now in the recruiting game. I've spoken with all but 4 of our class of 2020 football recruits and every one of them told me our campus was a HUGE plus for them. If our coaching staffs can't get recruits on campus, it becomes very difficult for them to sell kids on the idea of attending Utah State.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
YossarianReal Life AggieBLUERUFiO

bpd

Post by bpd » March 23rd, 2020, 11:08 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 10:12 pm
bpd wrote:

I would imagine that like all the other schools in the country our coaching staff is facing some very difficult challenges when it comes to recruiting. Obviously, official visits are out the window for the foreseeable future, so other tactics are going to need to be employed.

However, contrary to previous reports we have NOT contacted Farron Flavors and Isaiah Brown. We HAVE contacted Rich Kelly.
Hmm, Kind of surprising seeing that we have a few schollies to give out. What about Aj Walker at Air Force?

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 23rd, 2020, 11:45 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 11:05 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
I don't really think it's a wash. We are at a definite disadvantage right now in the recruiting game. I've spoken with all but 4 of our class of 2020 football recruits and every one of them told me our campus was a HUGE plus for them. If our coaching staffs can't get recruits on campus, it becomes very difficult for them to sell kids on the idea of attending Utah State.
I agree. The campus visit is often stated as a big selling point in sealing the recruit deals. Even the town itself appeals to some parents of city kids. Something about the bucolic setting on an autumn day is calming for parents looking to get their kids away from their environment.

Eutaw St. Aggie

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 24th, 2020, 7:24 am

bpd wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 11:08 pm
aggies22 wrote:
bpd wrote:

Hmm, Kind of surprising seeing that we have a few schollies to give out. What about Aj Walker at Air Force?
As of now? No. We have not contacted AJ Walker either. We currently only have one scholarship left to give.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » March 24th, 2020, 7:38 am

Nothing wrong with phone and email contacting to pursue the athlete we want. Suspect recruiting is continuing on some level.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
aggies22

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » March 24th, 2020, 2:13 pm

aggies22 wrote:
bpd wrote:

This guy? Image
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
FloridaAggie13

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

browntown

Post by browntown » March 24th, 2020, 3:02 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 7:24 am
bpd wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
bpd wrote:

As of now? No. We have not contacted AJ Walker either. We currently only have one scholarship left to give.
Forgive me if this is a bit behind, but if Potter comes home and wants to be on scholarship would that use up the last one we have?

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 24th, 2020, 3:14 pm

browntown wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 3:02 pm
aggies22 wrote:
bpd wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
bpd wrote:

Forgive me if this is a bit behind, but if Potter comes home and wants to be on scholarship would that use up the last one we have?
I’m not so sure the staff would have available for him this year.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 24th, 2020, 3:22 pm

browntown wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 3:02 pm
aggies22 wrote:
bpd wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
bpd wrote:

Someone on this board was kind enough to share that Cade is in his son's mission and that both kids have been sent home and are in the process of being reassigned within the United States.

bpd

Post by bpd » March 24th, 2020, 9:58 pm

aggies22 wrote:
bpd wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
bpd wrote:

But we are likely to have have at least one more? Also, what about Keishawn Brewton from Coastal Carolina?

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » April 3rd, 2020, 9:36 pm

Is AJ Walker from Air Force available? At the tourney i kept thinking of AJ Walker was on or team we would have won 4-5 more games at least. Would love to have him.

Locked Previous topicNext topic