Preseason MW Standings

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score & '20 FB Bowl

Preseason MW Standings

Post by aggies1 » November 11th, 2020, 10:45 am

BLUERUFiO

Re: Preseason MW Standings

Post by BLUERUFiO » November 11th, 2020, 10:48 am

Really?

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » November 11th, 2020, 11:49 am

I think I saw an article somewhere that had USU picked 5th, which I thought was low but 3rd seems about right. Here's how I see it:

Tier 1: SDSU - They are definitely beatable and won't be as dominant as last season but deserve to be pre-season #1 based on what they have coming back and eligible transfers. I don't think the gap between them and tier 2 is very much.

Tier 2: BSU, USU, UNLV, CSU - All of these teams have a great returning core to build on and good coaches but a few unknowns to sort out.

Tier 3: Nevada, Fresno, NM - Plenty of talent and good coaches too but lack experience as a team. Could challenge anyone by years end.

Tier 4: Wyo, AF, SJSU - Even these 3 at the bottom have some potential. Wyoming could easily be in Tier 3 but despite M&M coming back and good coaching hire, they have lots of other turnover to sort out. SJSU should improve over last season too.

UStateTim

Post by UStateTim » November 11th, 2020, 3:15 pm

Just going to point out the obvious that preseason rankings don't matter. We were picked first last year and ninth the year before. Injuries and other things are always a fluid situation. If Queta is healthy and takes that leap we're all expecting and our backcourt makes strides, we should be in the mix for first by the end of the year.

Locked Previous topicNext topic