BYU Game Televised?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggieforlife
Posts: 575
Joined: September 1st, 2015, 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 24 times

BYU Game Televised?

Post by Aggieforlife » December 2nd, 2020, 8:04 pm

Is the game televised? If so what channel?



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12992
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 875 times
Contact:

Re: BYU Game Televised?

Post by ProvoAggie » December 2nd, 2020, 8:05 pm

The Mountain West press release today said Mountain West Network so it looks like it's just streaming.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk




Aggieforlife
Posts: 575
Joined: September 1st, 2015, 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: BYU Game Televised?

Post by Aggieforlife » December 2nd, 2020, 8:07 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 8:05 pm
The Mountain West press release today said Mountain West Network so it looks like it's just streaming.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks!



Aggie84025
Posts: 3055
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1036 times

Re: BYU Game Televised?

Post by Aggie84025 » December 2nd, 2020, 8:12 pm

1600 tickets go on sale tomorrow morning. Ticket office sent out email today. They are reserved in 4 hour blocks by priority points.



slcagg
Posts: 6295
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1347 times
Been thanked: 1072 times

Re: BYU Game Televised?

Post by slcagg » December 2nd, 2020, 8:46 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 8:05 pm
The Mountain West press release today said Mountain West Network so it looks like it's just streaming.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
This is really unfortunate. This is a good matchup.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
sstrasser



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12992
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 875 times
Contact:

Re: BYU Game Televised?

Post by ProvoAggie » December 2nd, 2020, 8:59 pm

slcagg wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 8:46 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 8:05 pm
The Mountain West press release today said Mountain West Network so it looks like it's just streaming.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
This is really unfortunate. This is a good matchup.
For some reason our games with BYU rarely get picked up by TV. In the last 10 years we've had 1 game against them on CBS Sports...6 on byuTV and then 1 each on The MTN, KCSG and Root. Both teams were headed to the NCAA Tourney last year. You'd think that would command some kind of audience but maybe not.



slcagg
Posts: 6295
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1347 times
Been thanked: 1072 times

Re: BYU Game Televised?

Post by slcagg » December 2nd, 2020, 9:00 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 8:59 pm
slcagg wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 8:46 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 8:05 pm
The Mountain West press release today said Mountain West Network so it looks like it's just streaming.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
This is really unfortunate. This is a good matchup.
For some reason our games with BYU rarely get picked up by TV. In the last 10 years we've had 1 game against them on CBS Sports...6 on byuTV and then 1 each on The MTN, KCSG and Root.
I know BYUtv only does games in Provo. But they have pretty good quality honestly and it wouldn’t be bad to play on that in Logan.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
ProvoAggie



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4422
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 329 times
Been thanked: 772 times

Re: BYU Game Televised?

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 2nd, 2020, 9:34 pm

Yeah surprised it isn't a bigger deal.



BobWilson
Posts: 881
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: BYU Game Televised?

Post by BobWilson » December 2nd, 2020, 10:48 pm

Some years ago many BYU games were broadcast to meeting houses via the church satellite system. During one such BB game I had to break up a fist fight between two High Councilmen - one an Aggie and the other a Coug. The stake president ruled that neither could watch sporting events on the church system again. But it wasn't long before the games were more readily available on BYUtv or elsewhere. They remained good friends and kept their church positions. heat of the moment.

What is the saying? Sports doesn't build character, it reveals it!
These users thanked the author BobWilson for the post (total 2):
AGinNEIowasstrasser



Usu0505
Posts: 631
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: BYU Game Televised?

Post by Usu0505 » December 3rd, 2020, 8:10 am

My priority points are pretty low due to money limitations but I have and have been getting season tickets every year for some time. If any of you high point people are not going to use your 6 allotted tickets or even all of them PM me please! Not trying for anything free here just want to go to the game. My ticket guy said they will almost 100 percent be sold out by my allotted time at 3.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Blitz79
Posts: 1452
Joined: January 16th, 2011, 8:11 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Re: BYU Game Televised?

Post by Blitz79 » December 3rd, 2020, 6:36 pm

Is there any way to stream this on ROKU?



Jjoey52
Posts: 3619
Joined: December 16th, 2014, 11:17 pm
Has thanked: 157 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: BYU Game Televised?

Post by Jjoey52 » December 3rd, 2020, 8:27 pm

I am surprised none of the local stations aren’t carrying it


“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

User avatar
sstrasser
Posts: 147
Joined: January 16th, 2018, 1:09 pm
Location: West Jordan, UT
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: BYU Game Televised?

Post by sstrasser » December 4th, 2020, 11:48 am

Jjoey52 wrote:
December 3rd, 2020, 8:27 pm
I am surprised none of the local stations aren’t carrying it
i think that has to do more with the television rights of the Mountain West Conference.

I know KSL would love to have it, but they aren't allowed to because it is at USU and falls under the MW TV deal



User avatar
sstrasser
Posts: 147
Joined: January 16th, 2018, 1:09 pm
Location: West Jordan, UT
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: BYU Game Televised?

Post by sstrasser » December 4th, 2020, 11:48 am

Blitz79 wrote:
December 3rd, 2020, 6:36 pm
Is there any way to stream this on ROKU?
i hope so, let me know if you find anything out



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12992
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 875 times
Contact:

Re: BYU Game Televised?

Post by ProvoAggie » December 4th, 2020, 11:58 am

sstrasser wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 11:48 am
Jjoey52 wrote:
December 3rd, 2020, 8:27 pm
I am surprised none of the local stations aren’t carrying it
i think that has to do more with the television rights of the Mountain West Conference.

I know KSL would love to have it, but they aren't allowed to because it is at USU and falls under the MW TV deal
From what I've heard that is actually not true. Part of the reason for the delay was that once the Mountain West TV partners passed on it USU worked to shop it around. They weren't able to get a deal in place but KSL and even byuTV were potential channels for the game.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic