Scouting the MW?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
IdaAg93
Posts: 1535
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:30 am
Location: SE Idaho...a perfect distance from the hive.
Has thanked: 553 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by IdaAg93 » December 24th, 2020, 3:31 pm

Our inexperienced backcourt will struggle, I'm afraid. Realistically, I bet we split too.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3678
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 1159 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by ineptimusprime » December 25th, 2020, 12:13 am

slcagg wrote:
December 24th, 2020, 1:01 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
December 24th, 2020, 12:57 pm
Real Life Aggie wrote:
December 24th, 2020, 12:47 pm
ltcpilot wrote:
December 24th, 2020, 12:12 pm
AF will surprise many with this young team and new coach. They'll make you defend them for 28seconds each possession and then hound you with matchup zone on defense.

GO FALCONS
I hope so! Always happy to see other MW teams improve.
Ags by 40.

Just kidding.

Ags by 15, then Ags by 10.
I would not be surprised to see us split. Even with our veteran teams we’ve had a hard in Colorado Springs
I wouldn’t be surprised to see us split either, honestly. But my prediction is that we win both.



slcagg
Posts: 6938
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1608 times
Been thanked: 1249 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by slcagg » December 25th, 2020, 9:15 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
December 25th, 2020, 12:13 am
slcagg wrote:
December 24th, 2020, 1:01 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
December 24th, 2020, 12:57 pm
Real Life Aggie wrote:
December 24th, 2020, 12:47 pm
ltcpilot wrote:
December 24th, 2020, 12:12 pm
AF will surprise many with this young team and new coach. They'll make you defend them for 28seconds each possession and then hound you with matchup zone on defense.

GO FALCONS
I hope so! Always happy to see other MW teams improve.
Ags by 40.

Just kidding.

Ags by 15, then Ags by 10.
I would not be surprised to see us split. Even with our veteran teams we’ve had a hard in Colorado Springs
I wouldn’t be surprised to see us split either, honestly. But my prediction is that we win both.
Love it. I hope you are correct.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3678
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 1159 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by ineptimusprime » December 31st, 2020, 9:42 pm

So, I think we are the 3rd best team in the MW.

And I am starting to think there is a uuuuuuuuge dropoff after us. It’s SDSU, BSU, then USU and then a big fall off a cliff. I think the rest of the teams in the conference are varying degrees of average, bad, to horrific.

I hope I do not eat these words, but I am feeling confident about this.



Aggie84025
Posts: 3573
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 1249 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by Aggie84025 » December 31st, 2020, 11:52 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 9:42 pm
So, I think we are the 3rd best team in the MW.

And I am starting to think there is a uuuuuuuuge dropoff after us. It’s SDSU, BSU, then USU and then a big fall off a cliff. I think the rest of the teams in the conference are varying degrees of average, bad, to horrific.

I hope I do not eat these words, but I am feeling confident about this.
I think CSU is a pretty good team. I think you are right that Boise and SDSU are the top 2. I do think that as the Aggies gain more time playing with each other they may surprise some by the end of season.



slcagg
Posts: 6938
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1608 times
Been thanked: 1249 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by slcagg » January 1st, 2021, 5:54 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 11:52 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 9:42 pm
So, I think we are the 3rd best team in the MW.

And I am starting to think there is a uuuuuuuuge dropoff after us. It’s SDSU, BSU, then USU and then a big fall off a cliff. I think the rest of the teams in the conference are varying degrees of average, bad, to horrific.

I hope I do not eat these words, but I am feeling confident about this.
I think CSU is a pretty good team. I think you are right that Boise and SDSU are the top 2. I do think that as the Aggies gain more time playing with each other they may surprise some by the end of season.
Agreed. Csu and usu are both good teams. Wyoming is a wild card. Nevada is not bad. The rest though sure look not very good. New Mexico and fresno look very disappointing. I wonder how much of this is they haven’t been able to play and practice until recently. Both have some talent.



slcagg
Posts: 6938
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1608 times
Been thanked: 1249 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by slcagg » January 2nd, 2021, 6:47 am

Csu and SDSU today on cbs. Should be telling to where csu is.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3678
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 1159 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by ineptimusprime » January 6th, 2021, 10:45 pm

SDSU, BSU, USU, CSU. And I’m not 100% sold on including CSU in the group.

No one else is a contender. I’ve seen enough, and am stopping the count.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 3):
LKGatesslcaggmcaggie1



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 1717
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 381 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » January 6th, 2021, 10:53 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:SDSU, BSU, USU, CSU. And I’m not 100% sold on including CSU in the group.

No one else is a contender. I’ve seen enough, and am stopping the count.
I agree, at least as far as regular season title goes. It’s a 3 horse race for first with CSU having the potential to finish 3rd or 4th. There is still time for some of the mid-pack teams to improve and get rolling in time for the conference tourney and make some noise though.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
LKGates



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 1344
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 1149 times
Been thanked: 476 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 7th, 2021, 6:59 am

Why do people think we're better than CSU? They split with SDSU. I feel like the top 4 teams are pretty even right now with SDSU holding a slight advantage. There is a big old drop off after the top 4.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3678
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 1159 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by ineptimusprime » January 7th, 2021, 7:48 am

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 6:59 am
Why do people think we're better than CSU? They split with SDSU. I feel like the top 4 teams are pretty even right now with SDSU holding a slight advantage. There is a big old drop off after the top 4.
I think CSU’s win over SDSU was flukey. SDSU led that game by 26.

CSU scored 33 points in their only other game against a team with a pulse.

I am still open to the possibility they are good and even better than us, but I’m not convinced yet.



mcaggie1
Posts: 3015
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 392 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by mcaggie1 » January 8th, 2021, 11:07 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
January 6th, 2021, 10:45 pm
SDSU, BSU, USU, CSU. And I’m not 100% sold on including CSU in the group.

No one else is a contender. I’ve seen enough, and am stopping the count.
Agreed



Aggie84025
Posts: 3573
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 1249 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by Aggie84025 » January 8th, 2021, 11:09 am

mcaggie1 wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 11:07 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
January 6th, 2021, 10:45 pm
SDSU, BSU, USU, CSU. And I’m not 100% sold on including CSU in the group.

No one else is a contender. I’ve seen enough, and am stopping the count.
Agreed
I don't know if Nevada is a contender the championship, but they have the talent to be in the 3-5 range.



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5698
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 341 times
Been thanked: 775 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by Aglicious » January 8th, 2021, 11:41 am

I have not been impressed by BSU's defense and CSU looked pretty pedestrian against UNLV last night. I think they are still top teams but not what I thought they could be.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3678
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 1159 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by ineptimusprime » January 8th, 2021, 9:34 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 11:09 am
mcaggie1 wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 11:07 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
January 6th, 2021, 10:45 pm
SDSU, BSU, USU, CSU. And I’m not 100% sold on including CSU in the group.

No one else is a contender. I’ve seen enough, and am stopping the count.
Agreed
I don't know if Nevada is a contender the championship, but they have the talent to be in the 3-5 range.
Nevada will be 5.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
slcagg



slcagg
Posts: 6938
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1608 times
Been thanked: 1249 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by slcagg » January 12th, 2021, 11:44 am

Boise's second transfer from Arizona became eligible in the last game or two. Doutrive (might be spelling that wrong). Anyways he put up 21 pts in their win 23 pt win at Wyoming last night.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0



AggiePT
Posts: 214
Joined: August 7th, 2019, 1:41 pm
Has thanked: 473 times
Been thanked: 122 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by AggiePT » January 12th, 2021, 1:05 pm

slcagg wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 11:44 am
Boise's second transfer from Arizona became eligible in the last game or two. Doutrive (might be spelling that wrong). Anyways he put up 21 pts in their win 23 pt win at Wyoming last night.
Well crap! That can't be good!



sancho839
Posts: 609
Joined: December 21st, 2010, 8:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by sancho839 » January 12th, 2021, 2:13 pm

Honestly, Queta should have a 20 pt 20 reb game against Wyoming. Anyone tall dominates them.



slcagg
Posts: 6938
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1608 times
Been thanked: 1249 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by slcagg » January 13th, 2021, 6:53 pm

Not surprised. New Mexico is under tough circumstances.




slcagg
Posts: 6938
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1608 times
Been thanked: 1249 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by slcagg » January 13th, 2021, 9:18 pm

slcagg wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 11:44 am
Boise's second transfer from Arizona became eligible in the last game or two. Doutrive (might be spelling that wrong). Anyways he put up 21 pts in their win 23 pt win at Wyoming last night.
Same kid followed up 17 more tonight in their 20 pt win at Wyoming. I gotta say I don’t think there is as deep as team in the conference.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 5135
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 501 times
Been thanked: 1029 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 13th, 2021, 10:25 pm

Yeah Boise has looked very good. I have loved how we have looked, but they are the team to beat for now.



jpswensen
Posts: 1611
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has thanked: 153 times
Been thanked: 249 times
Contact:

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by jpswensen » January 14th, 2021, 12:26 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 10:25 pm
Yeah Boise has looked very good. I have loved how we have looked, but they are the team to beat for now.
Kindof crazy how they have parlayed their football success into basketball success. There aren't a ton of school who seem to be good at both. I think they have been getting much better at bball lately, though it is left to be seen whether it is that football money helps them become consistent conference contenders.


Work expands to fill the time allotted.

User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 1344
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 1149 times
Been thanked: 476 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 14th, 2021, 7:07 am

jpswensen wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 12:26 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 10:25 pm
Yeah Boise has looked very good. I have loved how we have looked, but they are the team to beat for now.
Kindof crazy how they have parlayed their football success into basketball success. There aren't a ton of school who seem to be good at both. I think they have been getting much better at bball lately, though it is left to be seen whether it is that football money helps them become consistent conference contenders.
I dunno. I think their basketball is kind of like our football. They are consistently decent, but will only get to the tournament 1 in 5 years or so. Leon Rice has been there a long time now, he is probably as good as he's going to get. Last year they had a decent team put together and performed decently. This is a year where things have lined up and they still aren't a clear favorite in the conference. I think you can pretty well count on them being decent again next year, but likely not a tournament team. :noidea:



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 17908
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 921 times
Been thanked: 982 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by NVAggie » January 14th, 2021, 7:54 am

There are always going to be benefits of keeping good coaches for a long period of time.



slcagg
Posts: 6938
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1608 times
Been thanked: 1249 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by slcagg » January 14th, 2021, 8:44 am

NVAggie wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 7:54 am
There are always going to be benefits of keeping good coaches for a long period of time.
Leon has been consistently good there. I’m surprised he has not had or chosen another opportunity. Maybe if they keep this pace after this year he will.

With that said I hope Boise stays consistently good. Good for the conference.



Bank Shot
Posts: 719
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 150 times
Been thanked: 299 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by Bank Shot » January 14th, 2021, 11:52 am

BSU's new AD is from Baylor. He might know a thing or two about building and maintaining a basketball program to give Leon some help.



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 6099
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 451 times
Contact:

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by TheAKAggie » January 15th, 2021, 10:13 am

slcagg wrote:Not surprised. New Mexico is under tough circumstances.

Anyone who’s been on an extended work trip knows how much it wears you down.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
ProvoAggie


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3678
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 1159 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by ineptimusprime » January 16th, 2021, 5:05 pm

We will split with UNLV (that’s my pick for headscratcher loss) and Boise St but will win all other remaining games barring injuries. You heard it here first.



MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 7736
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has thanked: 363 times
Been thanked: 168 times

Re: Scouting the MW?

Post by MetsJetsAggies » January 16th, 2021, 5:55 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 5:05 pm
We will split with UNLV (that’s my pick for headscratcher loss) and Boise St but will win all other remaining games barring injuries. You heard it here first.
I think that gets us in as an at large, even with a headscratcher in there. 3/4 from CSU/BSU will help our resume



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic