Game on!

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
usufan1

Re: Game on!

Post by usufan1 » February 13th, 2021, 10:01 am

stang wrote:ALMOST Any Team. ALMOST Any Time. ALMOST Any Place.
Understand that BYU wanted an elite opponent, but an in state game this week would have got a lot of attention.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

stang

Post by stang » February 13th, 2021, 10:04 am

slcagg wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 7:28 am
Here is an interesting thread over at the Wyoming boards. Really Linder really seemed to just decide he didn’t want to lose two more games.

https://wyonation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20957
Side note - As someone who has attended five or six games at Arena-Auditorium in Laramie, it's pretty hilarious to see one of their fans calling the Spectrum a "cracker box sh*thole of an arena"

It's no Taj Mahal, but I'll take it every day over their generic, copy-and-paste, circle-shaped arena.

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » February 13th, 2021, 10:18 am

stang wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 10:04 am

Side note - As someone who has attended five or six games at Arena-Auditorium in Laramie, it's pretty hilarious to see one of their fans calling the Spectrum a "cracker box sh*thole of an arena"

It's no Taj Mahal, but I'll take it every day over their generic, copy-and-paste, circle-shaped arena.
Is it a copy of the Huntsman Center and Dee Events Center? Those arenas are so bleh.
These users thanked the author frankiesaysrelax for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 13th, 2021, 10:29 am

stang wrote:
slcagg wrote:
Here is an interesting thread over at the Wyoming boards. Really Linder really seemed to just decide he didn’t want to lose two more games.

The spectrum in terms of seating and amenities is not really good. That being said in terms of intimidation and fans right on top of you it is second to very few in my opinion. It is one of the toughest arenas to play in. Most teams would love to have the home court advantage we have in the spectrum, I love that place.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 13th, 2021, 10:29 am

slcagg wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 8:10 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 7:45 am
slcagg wrote:

It sure is looking that way. With contract tracing not showing the players or coaches were affected it does seem like this is on Linder. The conference would not have delayed the serirs if concerns were not brought up.

In The Herald Journal article it also sounds like we reached out to BYU and even said we would play them in Provo but they turned us down as well. Be interesting to see how we play next week, the rezet is good to a point but the team needs more playing time.
It’s a poor decision by the conference to allow this to happen then if all was fine to play. If usu wins these two games by decent margin it only helps our net ranking which possibly helps get more teams in.
I agree, but in the COVID world you know Thompson is not going to force anything.

stang

Post by stang » February 13th, 2021, 10:50 am

frankiesaysrelax wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 10:18 am
stang wrote:

Is it a copy of the Huntsman Center and Dee Events Center? Those arenas are so bleh.
Pretty close to a carbon copy. Just change the seats to mustard yellow. That's my very least favorite type of arena, even the best seats aren't very good because of the odd shape.

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » February 13th, 2021, 1:10 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
slcagg wrote:

It sure is looking that way. With contract tracing not showing the players or coaches were affected it does seem like this is on Linder. The conference would not have delayed the serirs if concerns were not brought up.

In The Herald Journal article it also sounds like we reached out to BYU and even said we would play them in Provo but they turned us down as well. Be interesting to see how we play next week, the rezet is good to a point but the team needs more playing time.
Byu turned down several teams. They wanted a top 20 opponent. That way a loss doesn't hurt but a win helps.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
A Q1 game is exactly what you want. A win or loss to USU isn’t going to change their NET ranking much right now. But another Q1 win would look good while a Q1 loss isn’t going to hurt. This is the perfect game for them. Not playing doesn’t change much for them either but there’s more upside in this instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » February 13th, 2021, 1:57 pm

scotlandog wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 1:10 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
slcagg wrote:

Byu turned down several teams. They wanted a top 20 opponent. That way a loss doesn't hurt but a win helps.

A Q1 game is exactly what you want. A win or loss to USU isn’t going to change their NET ranking much right now. But another Q1 win would look good while a Q1 loss isn’t going to hurt. This is the perfect game for them. Not playing doesn’t change much for them either but there’s more upside in this instance.

USU is currently Q2 for them unless they played in Logan.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » February 13th, 2021, 8:15 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 1:57 pm
scotlandog wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
slcagg wrote:

Isn't a cougar just a wild pussycat?

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » February 13th, 2021, 8:27 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
scotlandog wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
slcagg wrote:

This is correct. My bad.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic