Strength of Schedule Question

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
OrangeCountyAggie

Strength of Schedule Question

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » February 13th, 2021, 8:02 pm

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Similarly, if we never play the 207th ranked and 190th ranked teams does our SOS get better - as if they were never there to begin with?

scotlandog

Re: Strength of Schedule Question

Post by scotlandog » February 13th, 2021, 8:26 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Similarly, if we never play the 207th ranked and 190th ranked teams does our SOS get better - as if they were never there to begin with?
SOS isn’t theoretical based on planned games. It’s who you actually played. Not playing a team doesn’t change it, but playing them does. So kind of yes, not playing those teams won’t adversely affect our SOS but it’s not increasing it from where it’s at right now, right now everything is just static for the most part.

I think though, if we had played those games and won by a good margin, we would have received a small bump in our NET, maybe a few spots for each game. I think we would be somewhere in the mid 40’s which is much better than the low 50’s we are at right now. If we had lost one of those, we would have plummeted in the NET, so there was risk with those games. We need a win in Boise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic